Status: This is my first time writing something for you guys- I hope you like it!

Eat Something

Six

The lake is so small that Josh can swim from one side to the other in three breathes. It's basically a pond. I watch him for a minute as he gracefully waits in the water for me.

I quickly rip off my clothes until I'm just in my bra and underwear and jump in the lake. I can't believe I just did that. He probably saw my fat rolls. Oh god. I cover my face and go underwater until I have to breathe. When I come up Josh's eyes are fixed on me.

"What is it?" I ask as I sink down farther into the water. He swims towards me, finds my hands in the water and holds them, still looking into my eyes. I try to say something but before anything can come out of my mouth he kisses me.

"Loosen up a bit, won't you Beth?" I raise my hand up to my lips, nobody has kissed me since Robby Burting in the ninth grade. On a dare.

The rest of the night is a blur until we're heading home. I know we swam and talked for hours but I don't know about what. The shock of Josh kissing me and the fact that I haven't eaten in three days is making me light headed. I realize what I'm doing as he shuts the car door behind me. I'm soaked and wearing his hoodie over my bra and underwear; nothing else. He apparently goes swimming often because he had a change of clothes in the trunk.

"So where do we live," he asks. "in the town or in Golden Village?"

Unfortunately I live in Golden Village, a private community full of old business men and their twenty year old trophy wives. There are only four more teens who live there besides me and they're all spoiled snobs.

I'm not rich though. My parents aren't rich. They work regular nine to five desk jobs and I work part time at the smoothie shop in the mall. When my grandpa died, he gave us his house here in the village. It was all paid off, so we could afford to move in.

I tell Josh to go to the village and before I can explain that I'm not a snob he cuts me off.

"Oh I see, it all makes sense."

The rest of the ride is silent and awkward. I want to tell him that all of my friends live in town and I don't hold true to the stereotypes but I can't get myself to speak up. He pulls up in front of my house and I jump out.

"Thanks, that's the most fun I've had in a-" And he pulls off.