Sequel: You Can Hear Me Now
Status: Done but stick around for some oneshots!

I Want To Hear You

Chapter 10

I assume it took a while for Demitri to talk Paige into actually coming upstairs because its almost 15 minutes before he actually does show up and by the time he does I have managed to write everything I feel like I should tell him out on a new page of the notebook.

Paige pushes the door open slowly, standing awkwardly by the doorway for a few moments before a hand, most likely Demitri, reaches in and pushes him further into the room before closing the door quickly behind him.

I pat the space on the bed next to me and he slowly walks over, sitting on the very edge of it. Once he sits down I hesitantly hold the notebook out to him and wait for him to take it, when he does I drop my hands down to my lap and watch him quietly.

He must be reading it out loud because his lips are moving and I honestly wish I could hear him talk. I bet he has a really nice voice, probably pretty high like mine used to be or maybe its deeper like I remember my dads being.

*POV Change - Paige*

I didn’t really want to be in this room right now, it was weird finally being able to see Oakley and not being able to talk to him like I imagined we would.

I stare down at the notebook in my hands for a few moments before starting to read it, out loud even though I know he can’t hear me and I’m pretty sure Demitri is waiting outside the door and probably hearing everything I’m saying.

I’m sorry I never told you I was deaf, I sort of planned on it but I never did and I’m sorry. I knew it would be a bad idea to not tell you and just let you find out but I guess thats what happened. I’m also sorry for punching you earlier...and screaming...you just kind of scared me is all...it’s not everyday that someone comes up and tries to get my attention, and most people know not to touch me...

I can’t help but smile slightly at the fact that even in his writing he kind of rambled and I sort of wish I could hear him talk, just to see if he rambled this much or maybe even more.

When I finish reading I reach over to grab the pencil from his hand, ignoring the spark that runs through my arm when my fingers brush his, before turning back to the notebook.

I’m sorry for getting angry at you. I sort of assumed that when you didn’t respond you were just being a jerk, I never thought that you couldn’t hear me...’ I scribble quickly before handing him the notebook.

He reads it quickly, a small smile working its way onto his face before he snatches the pencil back and starts writing again.

Most people do get pretty shocked when they find out I’m deaf so don’t worry about it...in fact, Demitiri spent almost a whole hour talking to me before he realized I wasn’t hearing a word coming from his mouth and even then it took him a while to actually remember to sign rather than talk!

So at least we get to be friends now, maybe we can finally be something more than friends later in life but there is no way I’m going to push my luck here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bold is Paige
Italics are Oakley
Yay! Friends again!
I'm not so sure how I feel about this chapter but hopefully it isn't to bad :)
If you like it than leave a comment and let me know! Thanks loves!