Sequel: You Can Hear Me Now
Status: Done but stick around for some oneshots!

I Want To Hear You

Chapter 11

That went pretty well! He doesn’t hate me so that’s good but things are still kind of awkward between us. He keeps going to talk to me but then realizes that even if he does say it I won’t be able to hear him.

If he didn’t talk so fast I would be able to read his lips but I don’t really want to ask him to talk slower because that might makes things even more awkward and I really don’t need that.

Right now me and him are heading for the mall, Demitri was going to come but he ditched us in order to hang out with a new friend of his, some dude named Ashton that he refuses to let me meet yet which means there might be some more than friendly feelings happening there.

As we walk I’m trying to teach him how to sign his name and he is failing so badly that its kind of hilarious how bad he is at this.

He seems to be getting really frustrated right now and its making me feel kind of bad for laughing at him but not really enough to stop.

I grab my phone out of my pocket and type a quick message asking if he wants to do something else into notes before holding it out to him.

He nods and smiles thankfully at me, making me smile widely back at him.

What do you want to do though?’ I type quickly, looking expectantly up at him.

He takes the phone and types before handing it back ‘Um...I would say we could talk but I’m not sure if that would be offensive or not...’ he watches me with a almost confused look on his face.

Asking if that was offensive was more offensive than anything else...

Sorry...

We can’t actually talk but we can keep doing this if you want?

That works!

So...what are we actually going to ‘talk’ about?

Well...I don’t want to offend you anymore than I already have or anything but were you born deaf?

The question makes me frown slightly before I shake my head and take the phone back once again, typing a bit slower than I usually would.

I wasn’t...

What happened?’ he replies, looking a bit hesitant as to wether he was allowed to ask that question.

I was in a car accident when I was only 8, something happened and it screwed with my ears. I could still hear for a few months but it got just kept getting worse and eventually I just couldn’t hear anything anymore...

He reads that and frowns deeply, I hate the look of pity on his face. I don’t like people looking at me like this, I don’t want them to pity me or feel sorry for me!

I snatch the phone back from him before he can type a reply ‘Don’t you dare say you’re sorry! If you do I will be forced to bite you!’ I type before shoving it in his face, the phone actually bumping against his nose before he grabs it from me.

As he reads a smile, more like a little smirk, works its way onto his lips and in return I smile back up at him.

Okay...I won’t say I’m sorry but is the bitting thing a threat or a promise?

You pervert!

He reads it and smirks, winking awkwardly at me and causing me to start laughing for a quick moment before I slap a hand over my mouth. His eyes widen a little at the noise and his smirk falls, only to be replaced with a large grin.

You have a really nice laugh...

I try not to blush at this but I know I failed when his grin only widens as he looks at me. Well...things aren’t awkward and I think I just made a new friend...maybe something more than a friend even.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bold is Paige
Italics are Oakley

Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this chapter!
I'm not so sure about it honestly...it was a little rushed and I don't know if you can tell or not...
Whatever!
Also!! I want you guys to leave a comment and tell me who your favorite character is (Paige, Oakley, or even Demitri?) and why?