Sequel: You Can Hear Me Now
Status: Done but stick around for some oneshots!

I Want To Hear You

Chapter 12

He’s been here for only a day but me and him are already really close, I think Demitri is kind of jealous that he’s stealing his best friend or maybe that I’m stealing his cousin, but all in all I don’t think he minds and I hope he’s happy for us, at least for me because Paige is the first real friend I’ve had (other than him) since the accident.

Right now the three of us are supposed to be meeting Demitri’s new friend Ashton at the basketball courts. I honestly really suck at basketball and apparently so does Ashton but just because Demitri and Paige want to play we are going anyway, we are so whipped and none of us are even dating.

How far away are the courts?’ I write, holding the notebook out towards Paige who was currently walking excitedly on one side of me while Demitri walks on the other, staring down at his phone and most likely texting Ashton, just like he has been all day (more like all week, kid barely puts the thing down anymore).

Paige’s lips twitch up into a smile as he looks over at me and shrugs ‘I don’t live here! You would have better luck asking Demitri or just keep walking...we’ve only been going for like 3 minutes!’ he writes, still smiling a little.

I huff and stick my tongue out at him as I snatch the book back and push it back into my bag before reaching out and poking Demitri in the forehead. He jumps a little and looks over at me with wide eyes for a moment before chuckling and signing quickly to let me know that its only a few minutes away (he knows me so well).

I smile happily at him before turning back to Paige who had taken a few steps ahead of us and was looking around, my smile changes to a smirk after a moment and I run towards him and jump on his back.

He stumbles forward a little when I hit him but he easily regains his balance (I’m really small so I sort of expected that) and turns his head to raise an eyebrow at me and I grin widely at him, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist to keep me from slipping.

He opens his mouth like he was going to say something but he shakes his head and turns back to watch the sidewalk, I frown a little at that but decide not to dwell on it too much because he actually does this a lot, go to say something, realize I can’t hear it, and than just not say anything.

I turn my head a little to see Demitri looking at the two of us with a small smile and when he notices me looking at him he gives me a thumbs up that I return by sticking my tongue out at him childishly and he laughs, making Paige turn to look at him for a moment.

Demitri simply smiles at him and waves slightly before turning back to his phone, his smile widening even more just like it has since he started texting this Ashton kid, and Paige turns back around.

Just as Demitri said it only takes a few minutes to reach the basketball courts and when we do there is a boy, I’m guessing it’s Ashton, standing there and it looks like he’s trying to play but it turns out there is someone out there thats worse at basketball than me!
The boy, Ashton, turns towards us and smiles a little as he walks over towards us, hugging Demitri quickly before shaking Paige’s hand and waving a little at me (I would have shaken his hand but I was still hanging onto Paige like a little monkey). I wave back slightly, smiling a little at the happy look on Demitri’s face as he watches Ashton.

A couple minutes later and I’m sitting against a tree watching Demitri and Paige try and teach Ashton to play but it only takes a couple failed shots and Ashton getting a bloody nose for him to give up and come sit with me.

He looks over at me for a moment before turning back to watch the boys play, his lips turn up into a smile when Demitri smiles at him. I watch him for a moment rather than watching the boys, after a second I dig my notebook out of my bag and scribble in it before holding it out to him.

How did you and Demitri meet? He wouldn’t tell me...

He looks down at it for a moment before taking the book at the pencil from me and writing his reply.

I gave him a bloody nose...and apparently he decided he liked me enough to not beat me up for it!

I laugh softly at his reply, taking the pencil and notebook back from him long enough to write back before handing them back.

You gave him a bloody nose? How?

Turns out I’m really really bad at basketball...’ he replies, smiling shyly at me.

You hit him in the face with a basketball?

Yup! I told him I couldn’t play basketball but he didn’t believe me and tried to get me to play and it all ended up with him having a bloody nose and me trying not to laugh at the fact that he looked like a kicked puppy!

I laugh loudly at that and that gets the attention of both Paige and Demitri, the latter who looks confused and kind of sad that I was getting along so well with Ashton (could be because he’s jealous, he seems to really like Ashton and I don’t usually get along this well with other people).

Both me and Ashton simply smile widely back at the two of them before they shake their heads and turn back to their game as me and Ashton return to our conversation.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

On the way back home, after saying goodbye to Ashton, both Demitri and Paige keep asking and trying to figure out what me and Ashton had been talking about but every time I just shake my head and smile widely at them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bold is Paige
Italics are Oakley
Bold Italics are Ashton

Yay! We finally get to meet Ashton! (I was thinking about writing more about Ashton and Demitri so if you guys are interested let me know!)
This was more of a filler chapter honestly...I just thought it would be nice to give Oakley some more human interaction outside of Paige and Demitri (and I really like Ashton...)