Sequel: You Can Hear Me Now
Status: Done but stick around for some oneshots!

I Want To Hear You

Chapter 22

We ended up spending almost four hours at the courts before we went to get some food and then heading back home.

What were you and Ashton talking about back there?’ is the first thing Paige says to me once we get back to my house.

When?

When we first got there! He looked really pissed off for a while there...

I bite my lip roughly and look down at my hands for a moment before writing my reply ‘He asked about your eye...I told him about the bullying and he got really angry about it...

You told him?’ crap...he looks angry now...

Yeah I did...he looked really worried...and I wasn’t about to lie to him!

That doesn’t mean you could tell him! What if I didn’t want him to know?

Why wouldn’t you want him to know?

Because its sort of personal and I hardly know him!’ he looks more than angry now, he kind of looks hurt and that makes me sad because I don’t like when he looks like this.

I’m sorry...if it makes you feel any better we only talked about it for a little while...he really cares about you even if he hardly knows you...’ I scribble quickly, looking down at my feet rather than at him.

Whatever...you shouldn’t have told him without at least asking me first...’ he writes back.

Are you mad at me?

I don’t think so...just...no I’m not...

I see him sigh softly before he steps up to me and pulls me into a hug. I know he’s saying something because I feel his lips moving against the skin of my neck, its kind of funny how far down he has to lean in order to hug me even.

He pulls back after a moment and offers me a small smile before letting me go completely and grabbing the notebook again.

Something I forgot to tell you earlier...I’m assuming you told him about my plans to finish school early and move up here?

I give him a confused look before nodding a little and he smiles reassuringly at me.

I just got news that I can graduate within the next week if I want to...it will be a lot of hard work over the next few days but its possible and I think I’m going to do it...’ he holds it out to me to read again and I read it three times over before looking up at him.

He’s smiling hesitantly and me and he looks surprised when I drop the book onto the floor but his lips curve up into a smile when I pull him into a kiss.

We stand there kissing for a good minute before he pulls away suddenly and turns towards the door, shit...I forget we were still standing in the front room. When I turn as well I come face to face with...my parents and they look really shocked...I guess we have to tell them now...
♠ ♠ ♠
Bold is Paige
Italics are Oakley

Oh! Cliffhanger! And the next chapter won't be for a couple days (sorry!) as I'm going on vacation and won't have time to get the other one up any time real soon...hopefully before the end of next week though :)