Sequel: You Can Hear Me Now
Status: Done but stick around for some oneshots!

I Want To Hear You

Chapter 8

*Paige’s POV*

I arrived earlier than I had told Oakley I would and I should have texted him but I decided it would be more fun to just go surprise him! Who doesn’t like surprises like this?

Apparently Oakley isn’t a fan...

I saw him walking up to his house so I thought, hey why not go talk to him now rather than waiting for later?, so I hopped out of the car and called his name but he didn’t even turn around. I called his name again before deciding that me must have earphones in or something so I jog over towards him.

“Oakley?” I call once I’m a little closer but still he keeps walking and I huff, finally just reaching out to touch his shoulder and get his attention.

I expected a few things to happen here but this was not one of them. He screamed, spun around and punched me right in the shoulder (for such a tiny dude he has a really good swing...).

“Ow!” I squeak, grabbing my shoulder and frowning at him. That is when I realize that he didn’t have earphones in at all! So that means he was just ignoring me...how rude!

He stands there and stares at me, his eyes wide and he looks pretty freaked out. I hadn’t meant to scare him...

“What’s up? I was calling your name and you weren’t responding! Sorry I didn’t text you and let you know I was here but I thought it would be a cool surprise...I guess not but you really didn’t have to punch me! I bruise easily and now I’m going to be sore all weekend...thanks Oakley...” I mumble, talking faster due to the excitement I felt at finally getting to meet him, and the look of confusion on his face only gets worse.

After a few moments of awkward staring between the two of us I finally give up. He’s a total jerk, he won’t even talk to me! I guess my mom was right when she said that people on the internet aren’t always like they seem.

My stare slowly turns into a small glare before I turn and walk away, pushing the door to Demitri’s house open roughly and walking in, ignoring the way the door slams shut behind me.

“I’m here!” I exclaim and am met with a rather heavy weight slamming into me as Demitiri literally jumps from the stairs onto my back “Dude! You have got to realize that you aren’t tiny anymore!” I groan as he finally jumps back off of me “That was different when you were smaller than me!”

Despite him being older than me he grew slower than me so there was a good 2-3 years when I was a good few inches bigger than he was but than he hit the freaky growth spurt and now he is at least 4-5 inches taller than I am.

“Not my fault you’re still small!” he smirks at me.

“I am not small! You just got really tall!” I snap at him and he raises an eyebrow at me.

“What’s got your gay boy panties in a twist?” He mumbles and I sigh.

“Your best friend is an ass...”

“Oakley? When did you see him? He was supposed to be out in town or something!” Demitri frowns, his eyebrows furrowing together and a look of worry crossing his face.

“He was just coming back I’m guessing...I tried to talk to him but he just stared at me like I was idiot!” I grumble, looking down at my feet angrily.

“You tried talking to him?”

“Yeah! He even punched me when all I did was touch his shoulder! I was calling his name but he just ignored me the whole time...”

“You really are an idiot...” Demitri sighs and I glare at him, since when is it ‘Piss of Paige’ day?. “Oakley’s deaf, Paige. He couldn’t hear you yelling at him!”

Well...that would explain the totally confused look he was giving me the whole time...now he’s going to think I’m a total jerk...
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first chapter in Paige's POV! Yay!
I thought it would be a good idea to see how Paige feels here...I really hope you like this one! I'm not so sure about it but I guess it's not the worst I've done before...

Thanks for reading and if you do like it be sure to leave a comment and let me know :)