Sequel: You Can Hear Me Now
Status: Done but stick around for some oneshots!

I Want To Hear You

Chapter 9

I stood staring down at the bag of stuff I had dropped in order to punch Paige for a good 5 minutes before I pick it up and hurry inside, dropping the stuff on the table for my mom and running upstairs.

I knew I should have told him earlier, or at least tried harder to avoid him. Now he hates me and I didn’t even get to do anything, well other than punch him...

Dinner should be fun tonight...maybe I can lie and tell my mom I’m sick...

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

A few hours later and I’m still staring down at my phone, sort of hoping that he would text me or something but I guess I don’t really expect him to because why would he want to talk to the freak that punched him for no apparent reason?

I’m taken from my thoughts when I see my bedroom door open a little and my brother peeks in, signing quickly in order to let me know that it was time for dinner and that the others would be here in a few minutes at the least.

I smile slightly at him and he smiles back before leaving, reluctantly I get up and dress nicely (wouldn’t want Paige to think I’m a slob as well as a freak now would we?) before making my way downstairs slowly, trying to stall as much as possible.

I smile kindly at Demitiri’s parents and they both smile back at him, Demitri walks over in order to pull me into a tight hug that I return easily, but I avoid looking at Paige who was currently standing awkwardly behind Demitri’s dad.

Once Demitri lets go of me, he takes my hand in his instead and I smile slightly at him, my mom leads everyone into the dining room where we all take our seats. Demitri thankfully takes the spot next to me and Paige sits on the other side of him, with my brother on his side.

I would say dinner was quiet but everything is quiet for me and from what I could tell everyone else was having fun, my parents were talking with Demitiri’s parents and my brother was asking Paige millions of questions because he was smirking and Paige looked awkward, even more so than he had earlier.

Demitri kept looking over at me though and every time he did I would just give him a small smile before looking back to my still full plate and push the food around rather than actually eating any of it.

Thankfully it was pretty soon that my parents excused us all and Demitri immediately grabbed my hand and dragged me up to my room.

Once we get up there he pushes me to sit on the bed before grabbing a notebook from my desk and scribbling in it quickly before shoving it into my hands and staring intently at me.

You never told Paige you were deaf?’ is what is scribbled across the top of the page.

I look back up at him and shake my head slowly, frowning deeply.

Why not? That is usually something you should tell people!

I pout slightly and take the pencil and notebook away from him, writing my own message back to him ‘I was gonna! I just...never got around to it...

He raises an eyebrow at me before taking the pencil back and snatching the book out of my hands ‘How do you not get around to telling him one of the biggest things about you?

I shrug slightly and look down at my lap, picking at a loose string on my shirt. I honestly don’t have a reason as to why I didn’t tell him, not one that Demitri would understand anyway.

Okay, I’m going to go get him and I’m going to send him up. You are going to explain this to him!’ he finishes before handing me the notebook and leaving the room despite my noises of protest and my failed attempts to grab at his shirt.

Well...this should be interesting...
♠ ♠ ♠
Underlined is Demitri
Italics are Oakley

Yay! More human interaction!
This chapter was actually pretty fun to write...I like Demitri...
Hopefully you guys likes this chapter :)