Meeting Eben

Eben Olemaun

So the onslaught began. With all of the power cut, Darius, a bald, cruel Vampire with a tattoo on the side of his head, broke into a couples home and dragged out the female. I could hear the screams of the two screaming each others names, I could see Darius pull her under a building, and the man follow after.

"John!"

"Ally!"

I gulp and step forward with father, mother, and Brian. The scent of blood overwhelms me, and the animal in me breaks loose. Three of my 'brothers and sisters' as we call each other, go to the sheriff station, and the rest of us feed on the humans unlucky enough to be outside, or unhidden. As I bite into my victim, the blood courses down my throat, easing the burning I feel. It tastes sweet and coppery, to a human, it would be disgusting, but to me, it's like taking a bite of your favorite candy for the first time in a long time.

Once I started, I couldn't stop. Human after human I slaughtered. Blood matted the tips of my long black hair, stained my pale face, and my cloths. I was repulsed by myself, but my thirst was stronger than my hatred. Soon enough, there seemed to be no one else. The streets were empty, not a living soul around. But I could tell there were more. The scent was faint, meaning there weren't many, but there were some, hiding. The scent wasn't enough to place where they were, but enough to make my throat burn more.

Suddenly a commotion near the center of the town caught my attention. I ran and caught up with mama.

"What's going on?" I ask in our own language.

"Two humans are trying to escape," she replies with a smirk. I raise and eyebrow and leave her to go find Marilyn, my blond 'sister'. A sheriffs truck speeds down the road and we all spread out, some of us crossing the human's view to make them stop. Needless to say, it worked. They stopped the truck and got out. Pacing a few steps ahead of the vehicle, a man and a woman come into view.

The man has dark hair, and dark eyes. He wears a coat and gloves, and a beanie. The woman is blond and wears similar clothing. The woman pulls out binoculars and raises them to her face, looking ahead. I can hear her breath halt in her throat. She lowers the large glasses and takes a step back.

"Get in the truck," she whispers. The man turns to her, confused.

"What?"

"Get in the fucking truck!" She yells and races to the truck. He follows suit and gets in the truck. My brothers and sisters run forward as they take off. Emmitt, a burly blond bloke, grabs hold of the bumper and stops the truck from moving. I look up at my parents to see them staring at me. Not wanting to get into trouble, I run down there and hop onto the truck as they lift it up.

"Milla, get them through the window!" Brian hollers. I swing myself down and smash through the window. The woman screams as I land on top of the man. The tuck suddenly flips and we are thrown around the front of the vehicle. When the truck is steady upside down, I land on top of the man once again.

"Get out, Stella!" Shouts the man.

"Eben!"

"GO!" She lets some tears fall down her face as she tries to race from the truck. My siblings surround her though. A large yellow/ orange truck speeds by and rams them away from her. I ignore what goes on and focus on the man bellow me. I have my hand wrapped around his throat and he wheezes trying to breathe. I look into his eyes, and find myself freeze, in the middle of lowering my face to his throat. His eyes are beautiful.

His jaw is set, and muscular. His lips perfect, except that they are turning blue. I relieve him of some of the pressure I weigh on him, allowing him the chance to breathe. I can't kill him. For the first time in a long time, 55 years to be exact, I speak in the human language, English.

"What is your name?" I ask in a smooth, low voice. He grunts and tries to fight me, but I only hold him more firmly, pressing my hand against his adams apple. He gasps and I remove the pressure.

"E-Eben," he rasps out.

"Eben," I test out the name. It sounds wonderful, I like that name. "I am Milla." He grunts and starts, what it seems, to realize his fate. "Go," I decide. He looks at me shocked as I let go of him and throw myself through the wind shield of the car, as if he had done it. My parents screech and fly down to me, and it seems the encounter between Eben and I took hardly a minute, as the yellow tractor is still there, and with my siblings following him, Eben hops into the passenger seat, beside the Stella woman.

My parents help me up and I brush them off, staring in the direction of the large tractor. Humans and Vampires are two very different beings. Humans are only blood bags to us. That is how I know how wrong it is to be attracted by one.

But, Eben is the most gorgeous human I have ever seen.