Meeting Eben

Breaking Rules

I saw the blond woman, Stella, and I saw Eben move towards the supermarket and once they got in, I knew they would be safe. But I didn't know for how long. They had a trail of humans following them, and I knew half of them wouldn't live through the next day. My family and I can tell that the sun is going to come up soon, thus making them get panicky and more aggressive. They'll start hunting faster, and harder then before. If this place isn't a nightmare already, things will start to escalate.

Making sure no one is looking, I zoom to the market and press up against the wall and hear Ebens shivering, and stress filled voice speaking to his companions.

" You four, canned goods. Stella, Carter, propane, batteries. Jake, medical supplies. We meet back here in two minutes. Let's go." Taking my chance that everyone is gone, I walk carefully, as to not draw attention to myself to my clan, and go to the back of the store. I open the storage door and enter, and then I pace quickly to the next door, entering the store only to see Stella, Eben and some other man holding up a little girl with black hair and sharp teeth, blood all over her.

"Somebody!Somebody get the ax!" The youngest boy of the group swings an ax and chops the girls head off. Nobody takes notice of me.

"She was just a girl."

"You did the right thing," Eben confines.

"Whoa!" Jake hollers and they all turn to look at me, everybody ready to defend themselves. I look Eben right in the eyes and stay where I am.

"Eben," I breath out quietly.

"How does she know your name?" Asks a older black haired woman. "What's going on?" Eben takes a step toward me and Stella gasps and tries to pull him back.

"Eben! Are you crazy?"

"She won't hurt us," Eben says.

"Won't hurt us! Look at her! She's one of them! She's got our neighbors all over her!" I look down, ashamed of myself, but then redirect my gaze at the handsome dark haired man before me.

"You should hurry, they will find you here," I say, looking down at the corpse of the little girl. "Who was she?" Stella, still tense and holding onto Eben, looks at the others in the group.

"Anyone recognize her?" Everyone shakes their head. I sigh and bend down, closing the little girls eyes.

"We were ordered not to turn anyone."

"By who?" Eben asks, his eyes burning into me.

"My father. He is leading our clan. I hate what I am, and wish I could have no part in it, but I have to kill to survive."

"Why not just kill yourself? Walk into the sun?" Asks the woman coldly.

"I have tried, but I was to frightened to do it. And I had to think about my parents."

"The parents who turned you into a monster?" Glares Stella. I look up at the two ex-lovers. Both are watching me, and something flashes in Ebens eyes. He seems distant to the woman hanging off of him. Had the bonds between them been severed beyond repair?

"They had no choice. They were turned first. There was a break in at our home on the edge of this very town..."

"Wait, you lived in the old abandoned home?" Jake asks. I nod, only half paying attention to him.

"I remember that is was night time, and dad, mom, and I were in the living room playing poker. I was winning. We were happy as a family."

~Flash Back~

"I'm winning, dad, you're about to go broke," I joke, my blue eyes alight with laughter. Dad smirks and plays with his cards as if he knew something I didn't. Mom had long since folded, having gone broke, and watched us with a real smile on her face. Dad was about to lay his cards down when we heard the sound of the glass window in the kitchen break.

Dad got up immediately and grabbed the shotgun. Mom hid me behind her and we crouched down to the ground behind the couch. She pointed to the closet and instructed me to go, wordlessly. I nodded and crawled to the closet, mom following after me. I heard the bang of a shotgun and the ear piercing cry of something so vile it almost made me cry. Mom suddenly was pulled back and she screamed.

"Mom!" I shout.

"Milla! HIDE!" The man before us that held my mother by the throat had blond curly hair, black eyes, and sharp teeth. He was very handsome, really really handsome, but not for long because a shot went off and the mans head blew off his shoulders. Dad caught mom as she fell and held her as she screamed and he tried to wipe the blood from her face. He had three long scratches across his cheek and blood running from his hair line.

"Mae, Mae, calm down, precious, please," he pleaded with her.

It wasn't long before the town found out about this strange disease as they called it, when my father showed up to work turning blue and his eyes pitch black and he tried to bite his co-workers. When dad came home he got angry with my mother and slapped her, his long fingernails scraping up her face. When she turned they both left, not wanting anything to happen to me. When the town found out that my mother had contracted the disease as well, the diagnosed that I would be next.

"Let's take care of her now, before she infects our children!" They cried.

"Yeah! Why should we risk killing our own for an orphan? No one will miss her!" Others shouted. So they got their weapons and attacked me. One was lucky enough to shoot me in the chest. I somehow got away from them, stumbling out through the snow. Eventually I grew to tired to walk, and I fell to the ground, and began crawling, leaving a bloody mess behind me. That's how my parents found me and 'saved' my life.

~End Flash Back~

The room was quiet, and I stepped forward to Eben. I took his hand into my own and stared into his eyes.

"For so long I have known that Vampires have no soul, and that our hearts are black as charcoal, cold as ice. Some how, I have grown an attraction for you, which is unheard of. It's also the only thing keeping you alive right now. I will help you, and keep your where abouts a secret as long as I can."

"You're offering protection?" Stella asks.

"Yes," I say to her. Not realizing that I am still holding Ebens hand, and he staring at our joined limbs.

"Then you should know where we are going..." Jake says and I shake my head.

"No! Don't tell me. If my father asks, I will have no choice but to tell him. It is better that I do not know...," I am interrupted by the native man going to the window and peering out.

"Look, up there." Eben and Stella go over to the window.

"It's Billy, he's alive. We have to help him."

"Go, hurry," I say as I walk zip out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter will be in Ebens POV, fair warning!