Status: Updating

I'd Give You My Heart and I'd Let You Just Hold It

Best View In California

"Sweety calm down I was going to tell you before but you go the later plane so I didn't have a chance"

He attempted to pull me into a hug but I just stepped away and ran into the bathroom then locked myself in. I studied the walls and the shower until I heard my dad leave the room. How can he just get engaged without telling me? I thought as I emptied my suitcase onto my bed trying to find my baby blue dress that tied around my neck, it reached my ankles. The dress was floaty and simple but it did show quite a lot of my chest and I couldn't care less at the moment. I put on come blue heels to match, did my make up and curled my hair. I heard a knock at the door and mumbling downstairs, I felt butterflies bounce around my stomach as I was about to meet my new mum and brother.

"Sydney come down for tea" My dad called.

I decided I was going to be late to piss him off a little. After about 10 minutes of un packing I thought I'd better go introduce myself to the new family. I straightened my dress out and headed down stairs. I tried to be silent but wearing heels on wooden floor really doesn't help. I stood in the door frame and instantly three heads snapped my way. Melissa had brown hair that just touched her shoulders and wore a figure-hugging red dress and opposite her sat Jordon, he was wearing a shirt and tie with some jeans. My dad came over to me and introduced me. In turn we all said hello to each other and I was taken to my seat next to Jordan. After the food had arrived Melissa and dad were talking and they did genuinely look like they were in love but I couldn't tell if she was a gold digger or not. Things started to get awkward between me and Jordon so I spoke up.

"So how old are you?" I asked not looking at him.

"Umm 18 you?"

"17"

That was all the conversation that went on until desert.

"So kiddos we have something to tell you" My dad said as we both just sat in silence waiting for him to proceed.

"Me and Melissa are going on holiday for a while and we thought you kids could share the house when we're gone" With this Jordon looked pleased but I knew what my dad was up too.

"How long?" I demanded knowing my dad would leave me for months at a time.

"Sweety don't get mad but 2 months"

That was it I was sick of my dad just taking off with random women all the time and leaving me like I don't matter. I felt my eyes brimming with tears so I stood up and ran to the back door and pried it open. I was stitting on the porch step crying when I heard someone sit next to me and felt someone put their arm around me. I knew it wasn't my dad because he would be planning his trip with little miss gold digger so it had to be Jordon. I looked up to see him looking out at the city below with the lights shining like one huge christmas tree.

"I know how you feel Sydney. My mum used to leave me alone a lot too but I just tried to stay positive about it I guess" he mumbled barely loud enough for me to hear.

I thought about what he had just told me while for the first time actually looking at my back garden. It had a over large pool with a Jacuzzi attached to it, a dozen deck chairs, a barbecue and one of the best views in California. I rested my head on his shoulder and began to take a liking to him, maybe he wouldn't be such a bad brother after all.

"Come on lets go in." he said while standing up, taking my hand and walking back into the house.

We walked back into the house in silence with him awkwardly pulling my hand like I was a lost puppy. First we looked for our parents in the dining room but they wasn't there so we figured they would be in my dads room packing and we was right they were in his room but not packing. We heard a lot of banging and moans, I felt like I was going to be sick.

"Do you want to go out somewhere because I can't sit here and listen to them having sex." Jordan said turning a little pale.

"Ugh yeah lets go to the beach" I told him practically dragging him out of the house. I put on some baby blue sandals then we exchanged number in case anything went wrong then parted.

He went in his car and I went in mine figuring we would give each other a bit of space. The drive was not too long but each second seemed to last a minute and I just wanted to get out of the car. I followed Jordan so I wouldn't get lost around the streets of LA but they were beautiful and full of life. Around every corner there was a new adventure. My thoughts disappeared when I heard my phone go off, its was my off and on boyfriend Luke. Before he could say hello I told him I was driving and I would ring him when I had stopped. I met Luke when I was younger and we used to be close so our parents made us be a couple and ever since then we still have been a couple but as we got older he had gotten more violent and more demanding. Hes cheated on me a dozen times but every time I try to break up with him he would threaten or hit me and each time its got worse so maybe moving to Cali wasn't such a bad idea after all. I parked next to Jordan's car and walked over to him just as he was ending a call.

"Who was that?" I asked

"Some dude called George hes coming to meet up with us is that okay?"
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter is just mainly about bonding time;)

Next chapter should be done soon.

Thanks for reading.