Sequel: Playing for Keeps
Status: Updating

Almost Perfect

Chapter 16

It felt like hours before someone came out to tell him the status of his girlfriend, they found him still hunched over on the ground, worry all over his face.

“Mr. Levine?” Adam looked up to see Dr. Jamison.

He immediately stood up, “How is she?”

“She’s stable, she lost a lot of blood but we have transfused her and she’s doing much better.” Dr. Jamison informed him. “We have to keep Stacy and the baby here a few extra days so that we can ensure both of them are healing properly and that there won’t be any more complications.”

“Of course doctor, can I see her now?” He asked.

“I’ll escort you to her room, she’s resting comfortably now and the baby is in the nursery.” Dr. Jamison pointed in the direction of the room and Adam followed behind her.

Dr. Jamison explained in more detail what happened to Stacy on the way to her room, most of it went over Adam’s head. From what he gathered something was nicked when they were stitching her abdomen back together and she started bleeding internally. They gave her blood to increase her hemoglobin and she should be fine now after a few days of rest.

When he walked through the door of her hospital suite it felt like someone had kicked him in the stomach, she looked so fragile laying there in the bed. She was pale and she looked weak.

“I’ll leave you alone,” Dr. Jamison squeezed Adam’s shoulder before exiting the room.

Adam slowly took a seat in the chair next to her bed and slipped his hand into hers, kissing it lightly. “You did good sweetheart,” He whispered, a few tears slipping from his eyes. “I’m so proud of you, our daughter is beautiful. I can’t wait for you to really meet her.”

Adam watched her for a while, knowing that she was okay made relief take over his body. He leaned forward and placed his head on the bed, looking up at her as she slept peacefully. “I love you Stacy.”

He was surprised when he heard her weak voice respond so softly that he almost missed it, “I love you too.”

He sat up a bit and looked at her, she was smiling slightly. Adam reached up and brushed her hair back from her face gently. “Just rest darling, everything is going to be alright.”

Stacy just gave him a small nod before slipping back into slumber, leaving Adam to sit there and watch her in awe. After everything she had just been through she was still strong and still as brilliantly wonderful. He could not believe how lucky he was to have found a woman like that.

Stacy and the baby had to stay in the hospital a few extra days so they could monitor each of their conditions but after 5 days they were able to go home.
Both of their families had come to the hospital to visit them and they showered the couple and Evelyn with gifts. Stacy never had a baby shower so all the visitors they had brought them a little something, even though she and Adam had the nursery completely ready at home for when Evelyn was discharged.

The couple was smitten with their little girl and Stacy was thrilled to see that the cold feet Adam had at the early stages of her pregnancy were completely gone and he was a very attentive father. He stayed in the hospital with her each night and went home for the afternoon to shower and bring her more clean clothes.

Stacy had dressed Evelyn in a pink and green onesie that had a little gray elephant on it and a pair of green pants. She put a little pink headband on her head that had a bow on the front, she looked adorable.

“Are you ready to go home my little peanut?” Adam cooed at their daughter. He held her up and got a full view of her little outfit, “Stac she looks so cute in this!”

“I know, that’s why I chose it.” Stacy grinned at him as she slowly moved around the room making sure she had everything. She had just signed the discharge paper work and was ready to head home. She was still sore from the C-section but her incision was healing nicely. She couldn’t complain about much, her daughter was healthy and she was healthy.

“Sweetheart sit down, let me get everything and bring it to the car and then I’ll come back for you and Evie.” Adam set Evelyn in her car seat. “You don’t need to carry anything; you need to be careful so you don’t hurt yourself.”

Stacy just nodded, sitting on the edge of the bed. “Will you put her car seat up here so I can strap her in while you’re gone?” Stacy wasn’t supposed to lift anything heavier than 10 pounds, she was supposed to be taking it easy for the next few weeks.

Adam did what she asked and then kissed her cheek before grabbing all of their belongings and leaving the room.

“Are you ready to go home my beautiful girl?” Stacy was talking softly to her baby. She carefully strapped Evelyn in, making sure it was just tight enough like the nurse taught her.

She was looking at her little girl, mumbling sweet nothings to her when she heard a strange noise, almost like the sound of a camera clicking. She looked up at the window and out into the hallway the hospital to see a small camera poking through and snapping pictures of them.

Alarmed, she immediately stood up and went to step outside the room to see what was going on. Before she could get to out the door the person started to move away from the window, realizing they were caught.

As Stacy stepped out into the hallway Adam came around the corner, a questioning look on his handsome face. “What’s the matter?”

“That man was just taking pictures of us!” Stacy exclaimed, pointing down the hallway at the guy who was quickly walking away, trying not to draw attention to himself.

“HEY!” Adam shouted as he jogged down the hallway. “HEY! What do you think you’re doing?” He was instantly pissed off that someone was invading their privacy like this.

The photographer tried to run but the hallway was too busy with all the commotion of the hospital, it made it easy for Adam to catch up to him.

He quickly reached for the guy’s shoulder, spinning him around. “What the hell do you think you’re doing man? This is a very private moment, one that you have no business photographing!”
The guy didn’t have much to say, he just tried to keep his camera out of Adam’s reach, “It’s my job man, I have to do this!”

“I don’t give a fuck if it’s your job, that’s my baby girl in there that you’re trying to expose!” Adam got in the man’s face.

“Is there a problem here Mr. Levine?” A security officer arrived on the scene just in time.

“This ass hole snuck up to our room and was trying to take pictures of Stacy and the baby!” Adam explained, he had notified security that this may occur when they first arrived.

“Sir I need to confiscate your camera. This is a HIPPA violation and it will not be tolerated.” The security officer held out his hand and after much deliberation the paparazzi handed it over.

“I need to escort you off the premises right now.” The security guard grabbed the man by the shoulder and went to move him in the direction of the elevator. “I apologize Mr. Levine, we will dispose of these pictures at once.”

“Thank you, I appreciate that.” Adam was relieved that the photos wouldn’t become public and he turned back towards the direction of the hospital room Stacy was currently standing outside of.

“They’ll destroy the pictures right?” She asked when Adam reached her.

“Yes darling, no one will get pictures of you guys just yet. Not until we say so,” He smiled at her and pulled her close to him by the waist. “Have I told you yet today how much I love you?”

“I don’t believe so,” Stacy grinned.

“Well I do, you’re amazing and I love you so much.” He whispered, leaning in to kiss her. “Let’s take our baby home.” He smiled as the words left his mouth, causing Stacy’s grin to widen again.
Adam took hold of the car seat in one hand and then grabbed Stacy’s in the other, walking out of the hospital with his little family was too perfect for words, he was absolutely happy with the way his life was going.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and sweet! But don't worry, I've got lots more coming :) I SO appreciate all the wonderful comments on my last chapter! You guys are great and I love hearing from you so keep the comments coming! :) Hope you enjoy this chapter!