Sequel: Playing for Keeps
Status: Updating

Almost Perfect

Chapter 2

Stacy had slept most of the day away after her long shift the night before. She woke up around 3 p.m. and decided to get up and get moving.
Throwing her hair up on top of her head, she put on some athletic clothing and decided to head out for a run. It was a beautiful California day. The sun was shining, there wasn’t a cloud in the sky, yet it wasn't too hot.

She ran a few miles before heading back to her town home. Stacy lived alone but she didn’t mind it, she had friends with roommates that hated their living situation. It was much less dramatic having the place to herself. She did welcome visitors though and often had friends spending the night in her guest room. Much like the night ahead of her, her best friend Sam was coming down for the weekend, she goes to school a few hours away for Physical Therapy and has the weekend off work so the girls planned a weekend together.

Stacy showered, cleaned up her town house, got ready, and then headed out to the grocery store to pick up a few things before Sam arrived.

As Stacy turned the corner her shopping cart down another aisle her cart collided with another one.

“I’m so sorry!” She exclaimed, looking up at the person.

“We’ve got to stop meeting like this!” It was Adam, he was smirking at her.

“What are the odds,” She laughed.

“Sorry to run into you again,” Adam said, “It seems I’m making a habit out of it.”

“Maybe you should tell me where you plan to be for the next few days so I can try and stay clear of those areas,” Stacy joked.

“What fun would that be? Clearly there’s a reason I keep bumping into you!” Adam told her.

“Oh are you going to tell me that fate is bringing us together?” Sarcasm laced her statement.

“Well I wouldn’t go that far but it is rather odd that I’ve practically collided with you twice in two days after going years without seeing you.” Adam stated.

Stacy had to agree, it was uncanny that they had not been in contact for close to 10 years and now all of the sudden they run into one another in two random places. “Well that’s true, it is strange.”

“Listen, I’m having a party tonight, you should totally come,” Adam offered out of nowhere.

“My best friend Sam is coming into town tonight, we have a girls weekend planned,” Stacy informed him.

“So bring her with! Come on, you can’t tell me that your girls weekend couldn’t involve a huge party!” Adam pointed at his cart that was full of food and beverages. “I’m supplying everything, you just need to bring yourselves!”

Stacy thought about it for a moment, what harm could it be? It’s free booze at the very least. “Alright, that sounds fun.”

Adam smiled at her and they exchanged numbers, Adam also giving her his address so she could find the place later that night.

“It starts at 10, come whenever!” he smiled one last time at the pretty girl and waved as he headed for the checkout lane.

Stacy got back from the grocery store and put things away before making sure her town home was completely cleaned up and ready for the arrival of her best friend. Being that Sam would arrive in a few hours Stacy decided to take a nap, to rest up for the night of partying ahead of them. She changed into sweats and sunk down into her sheets, falling into a peaceful slumber.

It was 9 p.m. and the girls had ordered pizza for dinner, already finishing a full bottle of wine and on to another one. Stacy was currently sitting on her bed, Sam laying on her stomach next to her, talking about their plans for the weekend.

“What?!” Sam exclaimed as Stacy told her their plans for the night. “THE Adam Levine??”

“How does everyone else know who he is and I’m completely oblivious to the fact that he’s famous?” Stacy questioned. “I thought his band tanked it and he never fully got back into the music industry.”

“Well I don’t know about that but his band now, Maroon 5 is great, and he is a total babe!” Sam grabbed her friend’s shoulders. “You’ve got to sleep with him!”

Now it was Stacy’s turn to freak out, “WHAT!?!?”

“What? It’s not like I can! I have a fiancé!” Sam laughed, waving her left hand in the air allowing her diamond ring to flash in the light.

“Just because he invited us to a party doesn’t mean I have to sleep with him! Besides, he probably has a girlfriend. I’m his old best friends little sister, what interest would he ever have in me!” she shook her head, standing up from the bed.

“Stac, all I’m saying is, if the opportunity should present itself, you should probably do it.” Sam told her friend.

“Whatever, let’s just get ready!” Stacy poured each of the girls more wine from the bottle on her dresser and then went into her walk in closet to find something to wear.

Stacy had decided on a pair of cropped, dark denim jeans and a vibrant purple racer back tank top with a floral print design on it. She paired the outfit with a pair of tan leather wedges and loosely curled her long, light brown hair. The purple color of the tank top make her tanned skin look even more so, giving her a beautiful flow.

“You look so great! I love that tank, where did you get it?” Sam asked, currently pinning half of her long blonde hair up so it was slightly poofed in the back.

“I think I got it at Macy’s,” Stacy shrugged, looking down at herself. “What are you going to wear?”
Stacy was always jealous of her best friend’s long legs; she stood at 5’8” and had the knock out body that every guy dreamed of for his female companion. Stacy stood only 5’3” and had a petite frame, her short legs hardly reached Sam’s waist.

“I was thinking of wearing khaki shorts with a white tank and my navy blue blazer. I brought my navy blue and white striped wedges so I thought that would work for tonight.” Sam glanced at her best friend over her shoulder.

“Sounds good to me, I’m going to call a cab company so they are actually here by 11 to pick us up!” Stacy exited the room, a smile on her face.

She loved weekends when Sam came to visit, she didn’t see her best friend nearly often enough now that she moved up state for school. Sam was also planning her wedding, which Stacy was maid of honor in and she felt bad that she wasn’t around or closer to help with the majority of the planning. The girls had set aside the following day to go bridesmaid dress shopping so they could get that task out of the way, Sam already had her wedding dress and the wedding was nearing a year away.

After calling the yellow cab company Stacy went back to let her friend know that they would be here in twenty minutes, so she needed to hurry up.

Before long Stacy and Sam were approaching Adam’s house, the girls could tell the party was already raging inside. There were people standing around in large groups from what Stacy could tell through the windows.
They didn’t bother knocking, just letting themselves in his front door. A few people near the door turned to look at them but both girls just looked at each other and then smiled back at the large crowd.

“Let’s find the booze,” Sam yelled over the music that was playing throughout the house.

Stacy only nodded in response, following her tall blonde friend further into the house. They walked down a longer hallway and found people standing around an island in the kitchen. The top of the island was covered in liquor bottles and tons of different snack foods.

Stacy immediately found a bottle of Gray Goose vodka and poured herself a vodka-7up. She enjoyed parties but when she hardly knew anyone it was a bit more uncomfortable. How Adam could know so many people and have all of them show up on the same night was beyond her. The house was absolutely packed; people were roaming all over the place with drinks and snacks.

“Hey, you made it!” Stacy turned at the sound of Adam’s voice. He was standing to her left with a drink in hand. She had to admit he looked handsome in his simple blue jeans and ratty white t-shirt.

“Yeah! I figured I couldn’t turn down free booze,” She laughed. “Adam, this is my best friend Sam, Sam this is Adam.” She watched as the two exchanged pleasantries.

“Well make yourselves at home, I’m going to go say hi to a few more people.” Adam grinned at her, “I’ll find you later.”

“Well, I’d say he’s smitten with you.” Sam gushed after Adam walked away.

“You’re being ridiculous.” Stacy shook her head, “He hasn’t seen me in years. He has no reason to be smitten with me.”

“I’m just saying,” Sam taunted her friend, “He gave you the look.”

“The look?” Stacy gave Sam an irritated look.

“He’s into you, trust me.” Sam told Stacy pointedly.

“Would you grow up?” Stacy rolled her eyes at her friend, “He asked me to come to be nice, we knew each other a long time ago and seeing me twice in two days does not mean he has suddenly fallen for me.”

Sam laughed, “Oh Stac, just relax and have fun with this! We are at a huge party being thrown by Adam Levine! If he hit on me or asked me to come to this party I’d be all over that, just to try at least!”

“I’m sure David would love to hear you say that,” Stacy referred to Sam’s fiancé.

“Stop, loosen up!” Sam nudged her friend. Stacy gave her a dirty look before turning it into a smile.

“You’re right, sorry. The man is attractive though, I will give you that!" Stacy smirked.

“I know!” Sam winked at her best friend, “Come on, let’s go mingle and see how many famous people are here!”

Sam and Stacy wandered the house for a while, running into a few people they recognized from the tabloids here and there. They had just started to dance amongst a small group of people that were moving their bodies to the music when Adam appeared at Stacy’s side.

“Enjoying yourself?” He asked, smiling at her.

She nodded enthusiastically, “It’s a great party!” she had downed at least two drinks since they had gotten there and she had always been a light weight.

“Come on, I want to show you something!” He yelled over the music.

Stacy motioned to Sam where she was headed and her best friend gave her a dumb look and two thumbs up. Stacy just laughed and shook her head, leaving Sam where she was currently shaking her hips to the beat.

Adam led Stacy up the stairs to a place in the house that was a bit quieter. He pulled her into a room which she assumed was his own. When she walked in she wasn’t surprised to see it was dark and well decorated. A large bed was on one side with black and white pictures lining the walls, a baby grand piano on the other side of the room with assorted musical instruments nearby.

He pulled her over to the wall and there in one of the frames was Adam with her older brother, Stacy, and another one of their friends, Nick. Spencer, Stacy’s brother had her in a head lock but she was grinning from ear to ear and the other three were smiling at the camera as well.
Stacy remembered that day, it was just before Adam was going on his first ever tour with Kara’s Flowers. The Walker’s had a small going away party for him at their house. Spencer had always been nice enough to allow Stacy to hang out with him and his friends if anything fun was going on so she got to know all of them fairly well.

“That was such a fun night,” Stacy recalled. Stacy was too young to drink but she hung out with all of the guys that night, all of whom snuck her drinks when her parents weren’t looking.

“I know, it’s one of my favorite memories from back then.” She glanced over at Adam to see him smiling slightly at the picture. “How is your brother?” Adam turned to her then, his arms crossed over his chest.

“He’s doing well, he’s going to take over the family business soon.” Stacy moved across the room to look at the piano and other instruments, slowly taking a seat on the round, red ataman. “My dad is ready to retire so Spencer is being prepared to run the show.”

“Wow, I never would have guessed that. He always said he wanted to do something different with his life.” Adam was right, Spencer was never interested in becoming a lawyer and taking over the firm but after a couple years in college he changed his mind and decided to follow in their father’s footsteps.

“Yeah, well I guess dad couldn’t handle both of his eldest children disappointing him and not becoming lawyers.” Stacy laughed, her father was in fact proud of her for being a nurse but he would have preferred she become a lawyer. Her younger sister, Serena, was just starting college this year and had yet to declare a major.

“I doubt you’re a disappointment.” He said honestly, taking a seat next to her.

They sat in silence for a moment, both of their heads swimming with alcohol.

“I have to say, I’m rather glad I ran into you.” Adam divulged.

“Oh,” Stacy was slightly taken back by his statement, “Why is that?”

“I always enjoyed your company back when we were younger,” He paused and then turned his face to look at her, “And let’s just say, time has been good to you.”

She watched as his eyes traveled down her body and then back up to her face. She visibly blushed and it brought a smile to Adam’s face. He wasn’t used to having girls in his bedroom that showed any type of restraint or shyness when it came to him.

“Thank you,” She said softly.

She looked down at her hands briefly before Adam placed his hand under her chin and gently turned her face to his, he slowly leaned in and placed his lips on hers. It was almost as if there was a spark and they both pulled back. Each party chuckled softly before leaning in once more, the heat and the passion Stacy felt from Adam’s lips hit her like a freight train. Before long they were pawing at each other’s clothes and stumbling towards the bed.

Adam laid Stacy on her back and quickly climbed on top of her, reuniting their lips and allowing his hands to roam her body. She arched her back at his touch and started to fumble with the button on his jeans, trying her hardest to push them down off his slim hips. Adam lifted her shirt over her head and skillfully removed her bra with one hand. Stacy had goosebumps from his rough finger tips, she let out a sound of pleasure as he removed her jeans and then slipped off her thong.
He looked into her eyes to get the go ahead and as soon as he slipped inside of her she couldn’t concentrate on anything but the movements he was making with his hips.

Before long they had climaxed one right after the next and lay on his bed in sweaty disarray.
Adam rolled over onto his side and looked down at her. Her cheeks were flushed, her eyes were closed, and her chest was moving up and down rapidly as she tried to catch her breath.

“That was…” Adam trailed off, placing his hand on her stomach. “That was amazing.”

She slowly opened her eyes and smiled at him, she could only nod her head in agreement.

Stacy cleared her throat, “I can’t say I expected that to happen when I came here tonight.”

Adam let out a whole hearted laugh, “Why not?”

“Well, I guess I just figured you were being nice by inviting me here,” She shrugged her shoulders. “Kind of like an old friend, little sister sort of way.”

“Oh darling, I’ve never looked at you like a little sister.” He smirked; she was surprised by his forwardness.

“Then apparently I’ve been under the wrong impression all these years.” She grinned at him.
Adam nodded, he had always found her attractive and she had one of the best personalities in any female he had ever known. He never would have made a move back then, the age difference was too much, especially when her brother was his best friend. But now, he was 29 and she was 23, it wasn’t so bad anymore.

“I should probably get back downstairs to Sam, I left her all alone.” Stacy sat up, reaching for her shirt that was at the foot of the bed.

Adam watched as her slender frame moved gracefully, pulling her clothing back on. She really was very beautiful, they had always had a great connection in the past as well. He could see a chance for a relationship with this woman, he just wasn’t sure if that was what he wanted right now. He had to admit though, the sex was amazing, like nothing he’s ever had before.

“I’ll meet you down there,” He said as he stood and wrapped the sheet around his waist. He strode to her quickly and placed one more light kiss on her lips before he watched her exit the room.

Stacy’s head was reeling; she didn’t know what to think about the rendezvous that just occurred upstairs. While the sex was the best she had ever had, she wasn’t sure where Adam’s intentions lied with her. She hurried down the stairs and searched for Sam, eventually finding her out back on the patio by herself, looking over the balcony at the pool.

“Hey!” Stacy greeted, trying not to look like the girl who just had sex upstairs at a party.

“Hey slut,” Sam glanced over at her friend with a smirk.

“How the hell did you know?” Stacy’s voice was hushed, glancing around to see if anyone was paying attention to the two of them.

“Just had a feeling, how was he?” Sam questioned.

“We aren’t talking about this here!” Sam could see the blush on her best friend’s cheeks.

“Clearly he was more than adequate!” Sam threw an arm around her friend’s shoulders, “Ready to head home?”

Stacy took a deep breath and blew it out, “I think so!”

“Your hair is a mess you little sex kitten,” Sam laughed loudly as she smacked her friend on the butt.

Stacy laughed as well, running her hands through her long locks to try and fix it.

The pair walked back into the house and reached the front door just as Adam came down the stairs.
“Leaving so soon?” He asked.

“Yeah, I think we had about all the fun we could have for one night,” Sam smirked at Adam, letting him know she knew exactly what had just taken place in his bedroom.

“Well thanks for coming,” He smiled at both of them.

“Thanks for having us,” Stacy smiled back and was about to turn for the door when she felt his soft grip on her wrist.

“Can I call you?” He asked her, his eyes looked hopeful.

She nodded, “Sure, you have my number.”

He affirmed that he did and leaned in to place one soft kiss on her cheek, “Good night.” He whispered.

“Good night,” Her blue eyes sparkled in the light and he couldn’t help but grin back at her brilliant smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well there's chapter 2! Thank you for the comment! :) I'm going to keep posting as long as people keep reading and leaving feedback!