Sequel: Playing for Keeps
Status: Updating

Almost Perfect

Chapter 3

It had been five days since Stacy went to Adam’s party with Sam. Her friend had already gone back home, but she still hadn’t heard from Adam.

She was beginning to think that maybe he had said all of those things just to sleep with her and never planned to call her at all. She was hoping not, praying that he was just busy and that she didn’t really just whore herself out to her brother’s old best friend. Stacy hadn’t dated in over a year, not since her ex-boyfriend Joe. They dated for almost two years when he started getting outrageously jealous whenever Stacy was contacted by another guy, even her closest male friends sent him off the deep end. She put up with it for a while until one night; he got so angry he hit her. After he laid his hands on her in that way she left him, she changed her phone number and moved into a new house, placing a restraining order on him to protect herself. He tried to get a hold of her through friends but it seemed he had eventually given up and she hasn’t heard from him in over 6 months.

As she was pulling out of her driveway to head to work for another 12 hours night shift she could hear her phone ringing from her purse on the seat beside her. She stepped on the break and reached over to pull it out, the screen read “Adam.”

“Hello?” She asked.

“Hey! It’s Adam,” He clarified.

“Hi, how are you?” Stacy asked as she slowly began to back out of her driveway again.

“I’m great, sorry it’s taken me so long to call you.” He paused, “We have been in the studio putting the finishing touches on our new album and I’ve been putting in long hours.”

“Oh don’t worry about it; I’ve been pretty busy too.” She lied, “I haven’t been able to give it much thought actually.”

“Ok, well I still apologize,” Adam spoke softly into the phone, “I was hoping I could interest you in going out to dinner some night next week.”

The truth was, he spent the last five days thinking about Stacy. He wasn’t sure he was ready for another relationship. He had just gotten out of one with a woman, a model, and he didn’t know if he was ready to truly invest himself in another serious relationship. He had his heart broken at least once or twice but he always referred to himself as a “serial monogamous” so he figured, if he couldn’t get the girl off his mind there had to be something there.

Stacy paused, thinking about it. Did she want to go on a date with Adam? She could at least give it a try, “Yeah, I think I could make that work. Is Wednesday night okay?”

“Wednesday works great actually!” Adam didn’t have any plans the following week. “How about I pick you up at 7, I’ll make reservations.”

“That sounds good to me, I’ll be sure to text you my address before then.” She was smiling, glad to know that he had been busy and it wasn’t that he was avoiding her.

“Sounds great, I’ll see you then.” He was smiling as well, she could tell by the sound of his voice.

“Ok, have a good night.” She replied, “Goodbye.”

“You too, see you later.” And with that, they both hung up.

Stacy had worked too many shifts to count since she had last spoken to Adam, but it was finally Wednesday night, a night off and she couldn’t wait to spend it with him. It was her first real date since the Joe fiasco and she had a good feeling about it.

She bought a new dress for the occasion, Adam had informed her that he was taking her to a nice restaurant for dinner but she should bring a change of clothes along because he had plans for them after dinner as well. Her dress was black; it was a fitted to her body, accentuating her body in all the right places. She paired it with black, patent leather heels and a black clutch. She had put her hair up in a classic up do, allowing her bangs and a few rebel strands of hair to frame her face.
She was just packing her bag with a pair of shorts, a cute shirt, and a pair of converse sneakers when there was a knock on her front door. She left her bag on the bed and walked to the front of the house to let Adam in.

She opened the door to see him standing there in dress pants, a white long sleeve, button up shirt, and a skinny black tie. He was smiling at her, holding his hands behind his back.

“Wow! You look beautiful,” He told her as he stepped inside when she waved him in.

“Thank you,” She blushed, Adam leaned in to place a soft kiss on her cheek. “You clean up nicely Mr. Levine.”

He nodded in thanks, pulling out a single hot pink Gerber daisy from behind his back.

“How did you….” She trailed off, looking up at him. He had remembered her favorite flower all these years.

He shrugged, “Some things just stick with you.” He handed her the flower which she accepted, a big smile on her face.

Stacy leaned in and kissed him square on the lips. No man that she had dated ever paid attention like that. She was with Joe for nearly two years and he still bought her roses for special occasions, a flower that Stacy was allergic to.

“You’re wonderful,” She whispered when they pulled apart.

“You deserve it,” He replied softly. They stood like that for a moment longer before Stacy broke the embrace.

“I’m going to put this in water and then grab my bag; I’ll be ready in a minute.” She headed off towards the kitchen and Adam made himself comfortable on the couch.

Once they were in Adam’s car Stacy asked what the plan for the evening was.

“Well, I’ve made reservations at Angelini Osteria, an Italian restaurant because I remember that being your favorite type of food.” Adam glanced over at her, pleased to see that she was smiling. “It’s a smaller place so I figured it’d be nicer, less distractions.”

“I’ve always wanted to go there actually, the food sounds amazing.” Stacy smiled at him.

“Good, I’ve been there a few times and the food is spectacular.” Adam turned the car onto the main road and headed for the heart of Los Angeles. “After dinner, that’s a surprise.”

Stacy and Adam enjoyed a tasty meal, both of them having a glass of wine with dinner and after much encouragement from Adam, Stacy had two.

“I figured we could go back to my place to change clothes, I didn’t bring any with me, and then head out to the rest of our night.” Adam spoke softly as he navigated the car through the busy streets of L.A.

“That sounds good,” Stacy was wondering how she was going to change out of this dress in his small Porsche.

Once inside his home, Stacy couldn’t help but corner Adam, he had been so romantic tonight and the mass amount of wine she had at dinner was only making her more affectionate.

She planted her lips on his, wrapping her arms around his neck. Adam immediately returned the kiss, wrapping his arms around her thin waist. She had him up against the wall of his entry way, her bag dropped at their feet.

Adam allowed her to take advantage of him for a few minutes before he broke the kiss, both of them breathing heavily.

“We’re going to miss what I have planned if we don’t get ready,” He smiled down at her, his eyes were smoldering.

She smirked at him, “Alright, I’ll go change.”

She picked up her bag and slowly walked away from him, swaying her hips as she went. As Stacy made her way up the stairs, knowingly moving her body in a way that accentuated her rump in the dress, she could tell that Adam was fighting his urges. She heard him running up the stairs to catch up with her.

“You’re killing me right now,” He whispered, his voice deep and filled with desire.

She only giggled before entering his bedroom and slowly removed her dress, leaving her in nothing but lace panties and a lace bra. Adam had never known this side of her; she always seemed so sweet, nothing like the devious female in front of him. He could easily say it wouldn’t be hard to get used to.

“Would you look at that, I’m practically naked!” She quipped, still grinning at him.

“If we hurry we can make it,” He said quickly before he moved her onto her back on the bed. Pulling his shirt over his head, he quickly pulled her panties down, along with his pants and moved back on top of her, ready to please both of them.

Twenty minutes later the couple was back in Adam’s car, both of them wearing stupid smiles and more casual clothing.

Adam reached over and took hold of Stacy’s left hand, running his thumb over the top of it. She glanced over at him, she was so happy. The date was going well and she couldn’t wait to see what else he had in store for them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I could have kept going but then the chapter would have been SUPER long! The fourth chapter is already in the works! Please leave me a comment if you're reading and let me know what you think! It's motivation to write more :)
Thanks for reading and for the comments on the last chapter!