Sequel: Playing for Keeps
Status: Updating

Almost Perfect

Chapter 9

“Adam you JUST got home!” Stacy exclaimed, emphasizing the word ‘just’.

“I know, but it’s only a couple days! We just have to fly to New York and do a couple appearances on the night time talk shows,” Adam reasoned with his girlfriend.

Stacy looked at him from across the bed as he put things into his suitcase. He had been staying with her for two weeks and he just found out yesterday that he has to be on a flight to New York tonight with the band to be on David Letterman and Conan O’Brian’s late night talk shows. She was none too pleased, she had just gotten him back and he already had to leave again.

“I hate this,” She pouted as she sat down on the bed.

Adam sighed and crawled onto the bed next to her, wrapping his arms around her. “I don’t like it either, but it’s my job.”

She nodded into his chest, “I know, I just miss you is all.”

“I miss you too, but I’ll be back before you know it this time!” he tried to make her feel better.

“What time is your flight?” She asked, looking up at him.

“It’s at 9 p.m. so I have to get going, I need to run home quick before I go to the airport to pick up a few more things.” He kissed her forehead and then got back up to finish packing his bag. “I’ll call you as soon as we land ok?”

Stacy nodded, looking at him with her big blue eyes. Adam could hardly handle the way she was staring at him like that, he wanted to stay but obviously couldn’t.

He leaned down on the bed, “I’ll see you in a few days, I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too, be safe.” She whispered, kissing him softly before watching him walk out of her bedroom. She listened as he grabbed his car keys off the counter and walked towards the front door.

“Bye babe!” he called to her and then she heard the door open and close.

Stacy sat in her bed, head resting against the headboard for a while, lost in her thoughts until she heard a knock on the door.

Figuring it was Adam, who had maybe forgotten something; she jumped out of the bed and quickly made her way to the front door.

“Did you forget-“ She stopped mid-sentence when she saw who it was, the smile falling from her face.

Stacy instantly tried to slam the door but the man was too strong, “Did you miss me?” Joe cackled as he pushed his way into Stacy’s entry way. “Pretty boy rockstar isn’t here to save you now sweetheart.”

Stacy tried to scream but Joe slammed the front door and shoved her against the wall. “What are you doing here?” She cried.

“You wouldn’t talk to me at the park, you’ve been avoiding me for almost a year! I finally tracked you down again, I want to try and make things right.” His eyes widened and he had a crazy look in them.

“Barging into my home like this and slamming me against the wall is hardly making things right!” she exclaimed. She tried to break free of his grasp but he held onto her tighter.

“Well you wouldn’t just talk to me when I tried to be nice at the park!” His voice bellowed through her town house. “You put a restraining order on me, you made me look like a fool!”

“You hit me Joe! You deserved everything you got!” she roughly moved her shoulders and broke free from his hands and ran towards her bedroom.

“You have to pay for what you did Stacy! I was fired from my job, my friends stopped talking to me, even my parents are embarrassed of me!” She could hear him charging after her down the hallway.

“You ruined my life!”

“I ruined your life!?” She stopped in the hallway and turned around against her better judgment, “You fucking tore me down and wouldn’t allow me to see my friends before getting so mad one night you beat me!” she screamed in his face, “How the hell did I ruin your life? I had to move, get a new job, and change my number so that I could move on from what you put me through!” Stacy raised her hand and slapped him across the face, trying to stun him enough so she could make it into her bedroom and lock the door. She almost had the door shut when his hand flew through it.

Stacy tried to slam the door on his hand but he was too strong, shoving the door open and knocking her backwards. She fell onto the carpet, looking up at him as he advanced on her.

“You little bitch, apparently you didn’t learn your lesson from your little ‘accident’,” He mused as he pointed to her left wrist which was now in a simple brace.

“That was you?” She asked. He simply nodded in a devilish way, staring her down.

Stacy quickly crawled to the other side of the bed where she knew her phone was, grabbing it quickly and trying to dial 9-1-1. She had just finished punching the numbers when he ripped the phone from her hand and threw it against the wall.

“Now you can make this easy on both of us, or you can make it hard.” Joe seethed as he grabbed her by the hair and pulled her into a standing position. Stacy felt the hot tears start to stream down her face, how did this happen? How could she be in such a messy situation right now, her life was going so well.

“What do you want?” She cried, looking at him out of the corner of her eye.

“I want you to pay for what you’ve done to me!” He hollered in her face, pushing her down onto the bed. “You see, after you pressed charges, I haven’t been able to get another girl to date me, not even give me a second glance.” He climbed onto the bed and put his face right next to hers, whispering into her ear with a raspy voice, “And I’ve been so….so….lonely….”

Stacy’s eyes went wide as she let out a sob, “Oh please god, no!”

Joe put his hand under her chin and forced her to look at him, running his nose along her jaw line, breathing in her scent. “Ahhh, you smell so good.”

Stacy cried as she withered beneath him, trying with all her might to remove the man from on top of her. She was pushing her fists, shoving at his shoulders.

“Knock it off!” He yelled. He took her wrists roughly in his one hand and then reached behind him, pulling rope from his back pocket. “Obviously you want to make this hard.”

Stacy squeezed her eyes shut tightly, allowing tears to stream down her face as he tied her wrists together and strapped her to the bed. One of her worst nightmares was coming true, she had always had this horrendous fear of being raped. Another sob escaped her lips as he aggressively tore her shirt off of her body and started to unbutton her jeans, he had sat up a little on his knees so Stacy took the opportunity to try and knee him in the groin, making only slight contact, but enough to piss him off.

“Please, don’t do this!” She pleaded with him, knowing it would be no use. Why did Adam have to leave? If he would have just stayed and not gone to New York maybe this wouldn’t have happened.

“I’m going to make you wish you never left me and never fucked up my life!” He pawed at her jeans, pulling them down her legs. She tried to clench her legs to make it harder for him, crossing them, fighting off his large hands as he tried to pry them apart.

Stacy watched in horror as he started to unbutton his shirt in front of her as his eyes roamed her almost naked body.

“Stacy?” Stacy heard the front door to her home open and a voice call out to her. Her head immediately shot to the right and looked towards her bedroom door. It was Adam.

Joe instantly moved next to her body on the bed, holding a hand over her mouth. “Don’t say a fucking word.”

“Stac? It’s just me; I forgot my cell phone in your room! I know, it’s attached to me, how could I possibly forget it!” She could hear him talking animatedly to himself, thinking he would find her laughing on the other side of that bedroom door.

Stacy glanced at Joe to see what he was going to do, the man quickly bolted away from her, thinking he could throw a sneak attack on Adam.

“Adam help!” Stacy screamed, “Please, call the police!”

“Shut up!” Joe yelled at her as the bedroom door opened.

“What the fuck?” Adam panicked immediately when he saw Stacy tied to the bed, most of her clothing missing. “You fucking bastard!”

Joe charged at Adam, hoping to catch him off guard but Adam acclimated to his surroundings quicker than the other man anticipated. Adam dodged the punch thrown at him and quickly threw the next one, landing it square in Joe’s mouth.

“Holy shit!” Adam screamed, pulling his fist back and cradling it. He quickly ran to the bed where he knew Stacy kept an old baseball bat just in case. Picking that up, he turned towards the other man, allowing him to advance on Adam once again.

“Get the hell out of here, she’s getting what she deserves.” Joe scowled.

“You’re about to get what you deserve!” Adam reared the bat back and took a swing at Joe, narrowly missing his head.

Stacy watched the scene play out, sobbing from the bed, trying her best to release her wrists from the constraints of the rope. She had almost gotten one free when Joe suddenly made a move and shoved Adam against the dresser, smashing his head against the mirror. Stacy watched as he became dizzy and slowly sunk to the floor.

“Oh no, please no!” She cried, looking at her boyfriend’s body lying on the bedroom floor in a pile.

Joe looked down at Adam and then looked back at Stacy, a horrible grin spreading across his face.

He slowly made his way back to her, “Now where were we?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Little bit of a cliffhanger there for you guys :) Hope you liked the chapter! Please, please leave your comments! I have so many subscribers and readers but I only get about a comment a chapter lately! I appreciate the feedback!