Somewhere Else

Chapter 20

Mint and Phoebe were glued to the ground,unable to move, and barely capable of breathing. However this part was because of nervousness and fear, not the fact that they were being squeezed horrificly by rain that had somehow managed to dry up.

The Queen of Night glided down beside Mint, and smirked slyly. She looked her up and down, and as she breathed in heavily, the very atmosphere around the town seemed to inflate, and deflate. It was as if Nuit was in full control of the entire area, and that even her breath was demanding. It was like the commander of the air, telling it to inhale and exhale, as if it were inside someone's lungs.

"Very lovely." Nuit admitted aloud, "You have a natural beauty about you. Might I ask your name?"

"Mint Draygon." She replied, sounded not nervous, but bold.

"Oh." Nuit paced around her, her atmosphere of pure evil surrounding the air Mint breathed. "I see. You think you are here to save poor sweet Somewhere Else." The Dark Queen smiled deviously, and her voice was in a mocking tone.

There was a short pause. Although it was only about three seconds, to Mint and Phoebe, it felt like decades. I'll explain why. If you were to be stuck inside black mud-like stuff, while one of the cruelest, wickedest people was standing in front of you, pacing this way and that, you would probably feel like you were stuck in a long moment of chaos as well. Let's hope I'm not wrong.

"You're wrong, sweetie." Nuit continued demonically, "Very wrong indeed. I am more powerful than some scrawny little weakling, and her scrawny little sister." She glared at Phoebe. "What is your plan anyway?"

Mint straightened herself, "We will defeat you, Nuit. We know just how to do it, too."

"That's a bit too vague for me, darling." Nuit retorted.

"We shall defeat you with your opposite." Mint sounded proud, "Light. Darkness and Light do not mix."

"But darkness is more powerful than light, FOOL!" Nuit was infuriated, and her eyes seemed to turn a dark, ruby red color. Her face turned pale.

"Why do you say that?" Mint asked, casually.

"Because I am darkness! And nothing can defeat me, not even LIGHT!"

Mint simply smiled. I do say, she handeled this situation very bravely. And sharply. She did not seem tricked, nor unconvinced of what she was capable of.

"Alright then!" Nuit shouted, "We shall have a battle. Just you, me, and your sister can be your reinforcement!"

"Tomorrow, at sunset!" Mint replied. "That is when we shall battle. To the death."

"Agreed!" Nuit shouted. And at that, she vanished into thin air, leaving the dark mudiness surrounding the once beautiful town.

Mint only had one more thing to accomplish before the battle: training with Astrid The Great.