Somewhere Else

Chapter 23

Smoke rose around Nuit's very body with utmost intensity. Her eyes stayed fixed on her foe, without distraction. The Dark Queen stood still with unmitigated sedateness. Her arm mounted, and in her thin, pale hand, she held a dark sword. The handle was surrounded in dull black jewels, rigged, and cracked. It became clear to Mint that this sword was used quite often, to eliminate any betrayers of The Dark Queen. The blade seemed sharper than any sword ever seen to man. The pitiful amount of sunlight reflected off the silver blade, showing the grand craftsmanship. It left Nuit looking like a mere shadow, a silhouette, with no face, but just a shape.

This was intimidating for Mint, but she knew she had to do what she had to do. Taking deep breaths, she pulled out her bow and arrow.

"Shall we begin?" Mint inquired shakily.

"We shall." Nuit replied without a single bit of fear in her strong voice.

The Dark Queen hoisted her sword into the air, and shouted out with a battle cry. She sent it flying through the air, swishing it this way and that, and trying to the best of her ability to slice Mint right in half.

Mint backed away from the attack. The sword then came from the left, and she swooped right. It came from underneath, thus leading her to jump. She backed up with incredible speed (she was a good runner) and pointed the bow towards the sun. Hopefully the small bit of sunlight will work as ammo. Mint thought to herself. She seemed to feel the golden arrow form into her grip, and she felt a great satisfaction.

Nuit would not allow the battle to end shortly. Quickly, she charged to the young girl, and cut her where her bandages were. The white cloth slowly began to unravel, as it fell to the ground it uneven piles. The wound was still bleeding, and the exposure left Mint in terrifying pain. She collapsed to the ground, grunting in pain.

She was in too much pain, and her leg was too weak to stand on.

Nuit smirked in devious delight, "Now's my chance to end this battle once and for all."

The Dark Queen lifted up her sword once more, and jabbed it right straight in front of her.