Status: Work In Progress

You Can't Shake the Noise From Their Bones

Chapter 1

JASEY'S POV

I had just fallen asleep. Just. Fallen. Asleep. And what happens?

My idiot of a best friend happens, that's right.

Sighing, I rolled onto my side and without bothering to look at the caller ID, answered. 'What d'you want this time, dipshit?'

'Oh wow, nice, you never fail to remind me of how much I love you.'

I rolled my eyes. 'I'll go get the door,' I told him. I didn't have to see his face to know he was smiling on the other end of the phone.

'Awesome! See you in a few!'

We hung up and I headed downstairs. It was only eleven, so mom and dad were still up, huddled on the couch. They heard me coming and dad turned his head slightly to check it was me. He didn't need to really, Noah was on a trip with school. 'Which one is it?' he asked.

'What?' I asked as I made my way to the hallway and opened the door.

'Which guy do I need to personally take the liberty of castrating so they can't touch my little girl?'

I blushed and rolled my eyes. 'Oh come on dad, you know I don't date, everyone's too boring.'

My best friend laughed at my reply to my dad and headed to the living area. 'And the subject of castration would be me, Mr G.'

'Ah, I can let you off, Shane, if you inherited your dad's genes then there isn't much there in that department anyway. I shall allow you two to continue as you are.'

'One day, sir, I shall prove you wrong in an epic battle.'

'I'm sure you will, seriously though, go sleep, you're up early tomorrow, both of you.'

I gave my dad a kiss on the cheek before saying goodnight and followed Shane up the stairs. He basically lived here anyway...or I lived with him...well we swapped houses I guess.

ERIN'S POV

I smiled at the exchange I had just witnessed and snuggled into Alex some more, who tightened his arms around me. 'If I were you, I wouldn't let them share a bed quite so many times. It kinda undermines your whole protective father angle.'

'Nah, they're just kids. Plus, they're just friends. They're probably still too grossed out by the opposite sex to want anything to do with that sort of stuff.'

I rolled my eyes and leaned away from my husband to look him directly in his eyes. 'Alex, when did you lose your virginity?'

'I don't know, like fourteen, maybe fifteen.'

'Uhuh, and how old are Jasey and Shane?'

'Well, Jasey's fifteen and Shane's fourteen. So?'

I shook my head at his obliviousness. 'Gee, Alex, are you really that stupid? Can you not see what is going on right now?'

He nodded. 'Sure, my wife is wounding my ego,' he joked.

I poked him in the ribs and continued. 'No, dumbass, they're gonna end up together. I'm telling you now. I have no doubt about it. They love each other.'

'God no, I think I'd know if my own daughter was in love with my best friend's kid. I also wouldn't allow them within a ten mile radius of each other.'

'That's a little too far, wouldn't you rather she fall for someone you knew well?'

'I'd rather she stay at home and be a good girl. I don't want her getting messed around. I know what teenagers are like. Specifically I know what teenage boys are like, and I don't want her getting hurt.'

'That's sweet, Alex, it really is, but you need to accept that she's growing up.'

'No, I don't. I refuse to accept it.'

I sighed and rolled my eyes, knowing Alex was dead set and was not budging from his point of view. I let it go and fell back into him. Sometimes, I really wish Alex would grow up and smell the coffee. That being said, not half as much as I wished my daughter and Shane would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right, I kept getting the names confused, as pointed out by (I wanna say) Amelia (?) so I (hopefully) got em back to where they should be. Anyway, this is only a short kind of introductory thing, cause I decided to write like an hour ago but that required getting out of bed and getting changed and now I have my poetry class in like 15 minutes, so I gotta go, BUT there will be more up soon, hopefully by tonight, kay? (well, if I can get through my Reading The World And The Business Of Writing homework)

AWESOME!

Any criticisms please let me know!

comment/subscribe if you wish! (pretty please :3) it would mean a lot! and thank you to those of you who already subscribed! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!