Status: Work In Progress

You Can't Shake the Noise From Their Bones

Chapter 12 - old beginning/filler

JASEY'S POV

When I woke up, and saw Shane was lying next to me, I felt weird. It was as if I was uncomfortable somehow. But that didn't make sense because we'd been friends for how long now? And not once had I ever felt strange sharing a bed with Shane.

I got out of the bed and wandered over to the bathroom, checking my hair in the mirror. Mmm, not too bad. Messy, but fixable. I could get away with walking down the hall like this. I sighed and as I reached down to splash my face with some water, I noticed a faded bus ticket on the sink. Why would Shane have just left it here? I picked it up to take it to the bin and noticed a number and a name. Amelia Deflin. Wow, looks like Shane had found himself a girlfriend. Or at least a fling for the time we would be on tour here. I chuckled and placed it back where I found it. Bless.

After last night's talk, I really didn't feel like there was anything left to say. I think the sleep did me good. I could get over it, the distance. I mean sure, it would be hard, but at least now I knew he didn't want me gone. He was willing to fight for our friendship, so surely I should be too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so it turns out jobs and writing and social lives conflict a lot. I am working on this, but while I do, have this little snippet I wrote back in 2013!

I'm still getting to grips with the rest of the story, but I have a couple of days off so the wait shall be over soon!

This is more to give myself some closure on the story...#laughcryingface