Status: Work In Progress

You Can't Shake the Noise From Their Bones

Chapter 2

SHANE'S POV

I reached Jasey's room first and flopped down onto her bed. She scowled at me when she entered the room, to which I simply grinned in response.

'I don't even know why we have these stupid rules. It's my room.'

'Hey, don't be a sore loser. We have the same rules for my room too! Just suck it up you big baby.'

'I'm older than you,' she pointed out.

I nodded. 'Hence why I said BIG baby...'

She threw her hands up in desperation and threw pajamas at me. We'd come to the conclusion that we should just keep half of the others clothes at our houses for such times. I got out of the bed and stripped down, then pulled the pajama pants on and delved back into the warmth of Jasey's bed.

When I threw the tshirt she had given me at the back of her head, she raised her eyebrow. 'No shirt?'

'No, because recently your room has been like 40,000 degrees. It's ridiculous. Now, temperature aside, I get to decide which part of the bed I want, as the victor, yet again, might I add, of our race. I think I'd like...the middle.' I smiled innocently at Jasey as I said it, watching her eyes narrow.

'Shane, that is so most definitely not fair.'

'You did it last time!'

'Last time I was ill!'

'Don't worry, I'll play nice, I won't kick you out of the bed...unlike someone I could mention.'

'Shane,' she groaned. I smirked and proceeded to starfish on her bed.

'Sorry, I'm sleeping.'

'Shane Maxwell Barakat, get your skinny self on one side or the other and let your best friend get some sleep.'

I smiled into the pillow I was laying on and shook my head. Then there was silence. Uhoh, that was never a good sign. I was getting suspicious but before I could raise my head to observe the room, something of a considerable weight landed on me. 'Ooft, fuck, Jasey, did you put on weight?'

Jasey laughed and lay down on me. She wasn't that heavy, but still, it wasn't exactly comfortable. 'You gonna move yet?'

'Fine, okay, you win, get the hell of me.'

'I don't know, you're comfortable. Better than my mattress. I reckon I could fall asleep quite easily here.'

'Jasey Rae Gaskarth, you little shit. Get off me. I'll relinquish some space for your fat ass.'

Finally the weight lifted and I rolled over so that I was on my side, taking up the right half of the bed as Jasey settled in the left half, arranging ourselves so we faced each other.

'So, miss G, what's this about you not dating?'

Jasey avoided my eyes and played with the corner of her pillow. 'You know I don't date.'

'Yeah but, the whole "everyone's boring" thing? Do you want me to tell them about Caleb? Because I'm pretty sure they have no clue their little girl would very much like to date...'

'Oh come on, as if that's ever gonna work out, I'm only fifteen! He's eighteen!'

'That's only three years! No big deal!'

'It is in high school, not to mention kinda illegal.'

'Only if you sleep with him.'

She rolled her eyes and turned so she was laying on her back, staring up at the ceiling, hands folded over her stomach. 'Exactly. He's eighteen. I'm not stupid, I know what guys want. And besides, we wouldn't have much time together, not if dad gives in and lets us go on tour this winter and spring.'

'Not all guys are the same.'

'Shane, don't defend Caleb, you're in the grade below me and even you heard the rumors, same as me.'

I pulled my eyebrows together in confusion. 'Then why do you like him so much?'

She smiled small, the hint of a secret danced in her features. It was like there was something I was missing. 'Because knowing I'll never have him is better than constantly living in fear of rejection. Plus I like his hair.' Then Jasey turned her back to me and not long after I saw the steady rise and fall of her body as she slept deeply.

I sighed and closed my own eyes, wishing for sleep. Jasey was so freakin weird. But then, there is a reason she's my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so i messed up the ages, so I'm gonna like, I dunno, do a few more short chapters like this before they grow up a little more and that's when the real drama will begin I guess, the next few will just be like introductory build ups to the main body of the story. Just letting you guys know :)

Please please please comment! thank you to those of you who have subscribed and who are reading it and to those of you who will continue to read it! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!