Status: Finally Finished

Public Enemy

BACKGROUND

My name is Brandon Todd Cole. I was a nineteen year-old with my life ahead of me. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I grew up with solid standards for my life. For this I will always be grateful. Because of how it had shaped my life in such a positive way, I decided to give a little bit back to my Lord. I decided to become a full-time volunteer missionary.

At this time, I was living in Provo, Utah. I had been there for about six months. Before then, I had lived all over the United States. Having spent part of my life in the wonderful hills of Tennessee, and with the native blood running through my veins, my family and I became members of the Central Band of Cherokee.

And now I was about to dedicate two full years of my life to the Lord and His work.

I was called to serve in the Mexico, Mexico City North mission. I entered the Missionary Training Center on June 9, 2010. I was scheduled to leave for Mexico on August 10. However, due to visa delays, I was not able to leave until November 4. The wait tormented me.

I finally boarded the plane. I arrived in Mexico City in the early evening along with about fifteen other missionaries. The next morning, we were assigned to companions and areas where we would spend a few months proselyting before being changed to another area.

I was assigned to work and live with Elder Javier Sanchez in Conejos, Hidalgo. And this is where my story began.
♠ ♠ ♠
Looking back, I do find it difficult to remember details. I will keep this as accurate as I can, looking back on my journal and speaking with those involved.