Status: Finally Finished

Public Enemy

Revelation at Lunch

"Let's get something to eat," I said to Elder Smith. "It's four o'clock and we still haven't had lunch." It had been one of those days where you just work and work.

By this time I was in Ixmiquilpan, Hidalgo. We went to a local place that served American-style food. I was eating a hamburger while Elder Smith enjoyed a few hot dogs. I read my emails that I had printed out, and fiinally got to the one that my dad had written me.

"Elder, look at this," I told Elder Smith. "Apparently, I'm an enemy to my country."

"No way! You're full of it," he said as he grabbed for my letter. He read it. Neither of us believed it.

I had a few worries about my family, but they were quickly put to rest since the chief had acted without the permission of the tribe. This meant that only he would be punished, and that my family would be fine.

Although there was never any big news or official report on these particular activities, I suspect that once, even if it were for just a moment, I was considered an enemy to the United States of America.

I continued to serve in Mexico, anxious to receive more news about the goings-on of my tribe, the Principal People, as we were once called. I finished in June, 2012. By then, Johnny Corbin had been acting chief for quite a while.

Unfortunately, I have been away from the tribe for a long time. But I will always carry with me my identity: Brandon ᎡᏙᎯ Cole, Libertarian, Latter-day Saint,Central Band of Cherokee citizen, Ex-Public Enemy.

I have spoken.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was a lot to take in, but as I look back, I now see it as an entertaining thought, an eye-raising story, and a funny notion. Me. US Public Enemy. War. I can't wait to tell it as an old man. People will probably think that I'm crazy :)