Status: PEN-I-AM DROP THE BEAT NOW

Panacea

prologue

Albert stood before the window, stood at the top of the building. The city had lost all its beauty. The sun once rose over a perfect skyline, once shed light upon pristine neighbourhoods, once gave life to its inhabitants. It was once a haven. It stood with open arms, welcoming all who entered. People once journeyed for days to see its glory, once rushed to its gates. The city had once been wonderful. And he had ruined it.

The sun now shone upon broken glass and bloodied streets. The streets emptied at the slightest groan; the people ran at the sound of footsteps. The city became a hell, its flames barring the exits. The wall of fire rose up during the night and consumed all in its path. The city was hell, and he was the devil.

He sighed. He looked away from the setting sun. He could never atone his sins. The cure had failed; the cure would always fail. There was nothing he could do to help. It was now or never.

He began his long descent. He passed many workers — and they knew. They knew what he was doing. Conall met him at the bottom. He stared at the old man as he ambled towards the door. The ring leader watched, watched as the cause went to greet his creation. And he smiled. He smiled for he knew that this was the end. There would be no more talk of a cure once the old man had gone.

Albert could almost hear the man laugh.

He pushed the door open. He had never felt so weak in his life. Slowly, slowly, he walked to the mob. Slowly he moved towards the very centre of hell, the moans of the dead growing louder, louder.

The final light left the sky, and he stood poised, ready for death. Let the demons kill the devil.
♠ ♠ ♠
Howdy. I'm Shauna — currently ignite the dark lord but usually ignite this angel. — and I'll be writing mainly as Penny, but also as good ol' Al. Ashleigh's posting next (and as I understand it, her chapter's almost finished, so it shouldn't be a terribly long wait).

We're hoping to post about once a week, but we may fall off the wagon. (Just prod us with a stick or something and we'll get back to work.)

-Shauna