Going Through Changes

Camille Smith

“We’re here Miss,” the taxi driver said.

“Thank you,” I said to the taxi driver, I think he told his name; Bill or something simple like that.

He helped me with my bags and I paid him. When I got into the apartment, I looked around and went to the room that I picked when I was here before. There wasn’t much just a bed, dresser and night stand. I relaxed on my bed and decided to call my mom before I unpacked.

“Hey mom, you said to call you when I got here. So I got here safe and sound but you’re not picking up, I’ll try again later,” I said when I got her voice mail. That was exactly like her, to tell me to call her but never answer if I do.

Finally I’m done unpacking and couldn’t wait for Norah and Nanna to get here. Nanna getting here later in the day and I couldn’t remember when Norah said she was getting here, but I knew it was after Nanna and I arrived.

I got tired of waiting for Nanna, so I slipped on my shoes and headed for the beach.

That would have been a good plan if I knew where I was going. I walked for a few minutes until I decide to ask someone.

“Excused me miss, I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for the beach?” I asked a lady who was walking with two young children one boy and the other a girl.

“Yes, if you take right at the next street and keep walking straight you’ll run into it,” The lady replied, as one of her children pulled at her arm.

“Thanks,” I said.

When I got closer to the beach, I started to see more little shops. In one shop I saw these cute necklaces, on my way home I would have buy Nanna and Norah one.

I felt the water hit my feet and ankles as I walked towards the shore. I loved the beach but the last time I was at one was in sophomore year, on spring break. That was uncommon for someone who had lived their whole life in Los Angles, California. I spent at least two hours there till I went back but stopped to get the necklaces; there were a little over priced but worth it.

When I got home I called my house number, to see if anyone was there.

Ring ring ring Rin-

“Hello?” I heard my brother voice.

“Hey Kyle, is mom there?” I asked.

“No, she and dad are out.” He said.

“Oh, well when she gets home will you tell that I am here safe and sound?”

“Yeah and Emily wants to talk to you.”

“Okay.”

I heard some ruffling in the phone.

“Camille!” Emily said excitedly.

“Hi Emily, How are you?” I asked.

“Okay but I miss you, I already know that you’re not coming homing tonight.” Emily said sadly.

“Aw Emily, I’ll come and visit! We still live in the same state, just not city.”

“Yeah, but it’s still not the same.”

I felt kind of bad that Emily missed me, but I had to move on with my life. I hated living there, my mom brought home a new guy every week when I was little and then Mitch came around and he hated me, because I was my mother’s child. Mitch was my mom’s husband and Kyle and Emily’s dad. My dad was never around because my parents had me when they were both teenagers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Camille Outfit The necklace's

Hi, it's Brittany and I hope you liked it!