Status: I'll update once a week:) Enjoy!

To Live Another Day

Completely, utterly, and entirely alone.

Blake’s P.O.V

“You and me baby we ain’t nothing but mammals, so lets do it like they do on the discovery channel ” My best mate Eiran and I sang along to the radio, banging on the dashboard and jiggling in our seats. “Man I can’t wait to see California All the beaches, Food, and babes ” His eyes basically glowed with excitement like a kid on christmas morning. I laughed, this was his first time actually traveling to a place with a beach. We were at Las Vagas but while we were winning big bucks at a popular casino, I guess we were being a little to obviously on being under age because the next thing I knew we were being chased by security guards. So after Eiran suggested we go to California, Riverside I thought eh’ what the hell.

Now here I am. Riding in a dirty white jeep with my best mate, the wind in my hair and the hot sun just starting to set. Kind of like Eiran I have not traveled a lot, but I traveled enough to know how to get around. I guess you could say that I know what I have to do to survive in this world. I ran away from a orphanage at the age thirteen and ended up living on the streets. Long story short I got into a gang, but not some gang where they shoot people. But the king of gang that played with guns and sharp knifes and robbed people blind. Now I’m not really the violent insane type but I like I said before I do what I have to do to survive and at the time joining a gang seemed like the only reasonable choice because I sure as hell wasn’t going to go back to another orphanage and get rejected all over again. I eventually ran off when things got to serious for my taste. I wondered city to city scrapping up what I could.

It got pretty lonely being on the streets. I guess thats why I’m glad to have a friend like Eiran around to keep me company. He’s the reason why I stopped robbing, he showed me that there were good sides to the world. I remember when I first meat Eiran. I laughed quietly at the memory.

I was hiding behind a couple of trash cans in a dark alley way, my skinny figure hide just enough to not be seen by a clumsy guy stumbling down the way searching for something in his pockets. I looked down in my hand at the kitchen knife I had. It was gleaming in the light of the lamp post. With a seconds hesitation I leaped up and body slammed the guy into the brick wall and pulled the knife up to his throat. I didn’t really use the knife it was just something to scare people into giving me all they had on them.
“Money, Now!” I mumbled, leaning into his face threatenly. His eye’s went wide as realization finally hit him.
“O-ok” he said and slipped his hand into his back pocket and pulled out a ten dollar bill. I snatched it out of his hand. “Tell anyone about this and I will find you” I growled. “Wanna hear a joke?” The guy asked. I raised my eyebrows. Was this guy serious?
“What did the man say after he got fired from a rubber band factory?” I stared at him.
“OH SNAP!” He snapped his fingers and did a girly-ish accent. I chuckled at first and it came into a slow laugh. We began talking and thats how we became friend. Weird I know but at the time it felt really good to know that at least someone wasn’t scared of me.

I got pulled back into reality as the sound of a car horn blasted in my ears. Eiran was repeatly pressing down on the horn while yelling “Hey arsehole! Get out of the way you dumbass!” I looked ahead out onto the dark road to see a dark figure standing in the middle. Eiran refused to slow down, convinced that the person would move. The head lights finally shined on the person to reveal a pasty-grey faced woman with a un-human gleam in her eyes. I guess it must have freaked Eiran out really bad because the next thing I knew the car was flipped and we were air born.

When the car landed I got pulled side to side banging my shoulder into the door really hard several times. The car tumbled two times before fully coming to a stop in the grass on the side of the road. I was upside down. My seat belt was keeping me in place and my head was pushed uncomfortable against the roof. Blood was ruining from somewhere off the top of my head and making little pools of blood on the crushed roof. I forced my head to turn in the drivers direction. But when I looked I saw nothing. I pulled a shaky hand up to the release button on the seat belt and when it clicked, I painfully got slammed down. When I turned my body up right I kicked the door off it’s hinges since it was stuck.

I stumbled onto my feet and looked around. Eiran was no where in sight. Did he jump out before the car got a chance to hit? Just then a disturbing thought entered my mind. Where’s that chick? I slowly turned my head in all directions while reaching into my jacket for my pocket knife. A hand reached up onto my shoulder, I looked down to see the hand was sickly pale and some parts were burned off to reveal black sticky blood oozing out. With out another thought I lashed out and hit right where the hand and wrist were connected, and get this, the hand BROKE OFF. The woman stumbled back and cradled it’s arm then went back to strict at me. Up close I could see that it’s face was charred half off. I slashed at it’s throat and cut it half way deep enough to make...it’s head lop off.
I stepped back a little and stared at this creature. It’s wasn’t a woman. It wasn’t a person. I’ve seen movies like this but I never thought that this would happen. It’s a zombie.