Status: Working on it ~

If I Just Save You

Session Two

It was exactly a week later when Alex showed up at the office he was told to be at. He certainly didn’t want to bring the wrath of that woman upon him, so he had no choice but to come that day.

He gave his name to the secretary, all the while diligently ignoring the sly looks she was giving him.

“You may wait here, Miss Garner will be ready for you soon” She said, looking him up and down. Alex rolled his eyes and took a seat away from her predatory eyes.

Alex used his time to look around the office. It was just like any other office, not that he had been in a therapist waiting room before. There as a median, a wall, in the middle of the room, chairs lining the outside walls and both sides of the median. That was where Alex had chosen to sit, the only place where the secretary couldn’t see him; the other side of the decorated wall.

That was as far as his inspection got before he heard a door open and other voices, one of them familiar.

“-with my secretary about scheduling the next appointment, a week from now. Have a good day Mrs. Murray” He heard Alisse Garner saying. The woman she was talking to thanked her and began talking with the lady at the desk.

Alex stood up then and walked to Alisse. The woman, Mrs. Murray, glanced at him a bit as he walked by.

“I see you actually decided to come. My promises didn’t get ignored” She said, grinning at the annoyed look on Alex’s face.

“Promises” Alex scoffed, “More like threats.”

“To-may-to, To-mah-to” She said with a wave of her hand, walking back into her office. Alex glared but followed her, feeling the previous two pairs of eyes follow him until the door closed.

Alex sighed, not realizing she could hear him. When she gave him a questioning glance he threw his thumb over his shoulder, indicating behind him.

“Your secretary need to keep her flirtatious glances to herself” He growled. Alisse gave me a sarcastic smile.

“Are you sure that your ego isn’t just that big?” She asked, her voice forming a mocking tone. Alex clicked his teeth.

“Hardly” He murmured. Alisse dropped her smile and nodded, getting serious. “I’ll talk to her about that” She said, before pulling a file with the name ‘Alex Gaskarth’ at the top.

Inside were a bundle of papers. Pictures of his friends and ex-girlfriends were there too. “How did she get that kind of information?” Alex thought.

“Now, Alex” She began, folding her hands in front of her, “Why do you drink?”

This time, he rolled his eyes. But he answered nonetheless.

“It’s fun. Partying, mixing drinks, I like it. It soothes me when I’m upset and helps me deal with things” He told her, getting quieter as he went on.

“Have you ever thought that it’s not that it helps you, but it just covers it up for the time being?” She asked. Alex stayed quiet, staring at the floor. He never answered.

For an hour, she did all she could to make him talk more and more. He never warmed up to her, but he did answer some of her questions.

At the end of the session, she asked what time he’d like to come back the next week.

“I’ll schedule the appointment for you and speak to my secretary. You won’t need to bother” She told him, smiling. He nodded and gave her a time, a little later than today’s time so he could sleep later.

After she showed him out, he heard Alisse snapping at the secretary behind the door.

Alex smiled, at least he knew she cared about him in some way.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to write the next chapter, even though I didn't feel like writing right now.

I wrote the description of the office like that because that's how my doctor's office looks cx well, I didn't add the extra room. But yeah anyway.