Status: On hiatus

Demons and Spiders

2

Before they knew it Thor had them standing in an empty field, miles from civilization. With the glowing blue tesseract in his hand, Thor had them stand around him. He held out one side of the tesseract to them, one handle was almost too small for Thor's hand but the other fit Clint, Natasha and Jane's hand easily. They huddled together as the world around them exploded in blue fire. They began to spin until swirls of blue light were the only thing they knew.

Natasha heard Jane and Clint screaming and she quelled the urge to do the same. They were already far away from Earth and streaming through space.

They landed on a golden dais just outside of a magnificent golden castle. Thor landed with both feet planted on the ground, with ease. Natasha and Clint landed equally as gracefully, crouched. Jane however plunged face forward and Thor caught her before she hit the ground. The tiny brunette gave out a frustrated sigh.

A statuesque blonde in a silvery gown approached them first, "Is this her son?"

"Aye, this is Jane," Thor grinned. Natasha rolled her eyes, Thor was such a loveable oaf. How had the intelligent, calm Jane fallen in love with him? Opposites really did attract.

Jane gave Thor a glare before looking at the blonde woman, "You must be Thor's mother, it's nice to meet you, your majesty."

"Call me Frigga, dear," Frigga smiled. "You're practically family already."

Frigga winked at her son. Jane gave Thor another horrified look.

A tall white bearded man approached them, "These must be the ambassadors you chose for us to meet."

He had a golden eyepatch covering one eye but his good eye pierced Natasha and Clint looking for any weakness.

"Yes, we are here on behalf of S.H.I.E.L.D. at your son's request," Natasha stepped forward, swallowing hard. "I am Natasha Romanoff and this is my partner Clint Barton."

Clint bowed his head towards the Allfather.

"Welcome to Asgard," Odin nodded.

"Welcome indeed," A voice called out from behind Odin. Loki approached in his full regallia, green and golden robes finished with his horned helmet. "It is especially nice to see you again, Black Widow."

Completely in sync, Natasha and Clint pulled their weapons on Loki, gun and arrow pointed at his head.

"What the hell are you doing here? How did you escape from your jail?" Clint yelled.

"Put down your weapons!" Odin yelled, a gust of wind kicking up around them.

Thor pushed Jane behind him and stepped in front of Natasha and Clint's weapons, "Friends, friends, put down your weapons, please, I can explain, Loki has repented his past crimes."

Natasha narrowed her eyes, she didn't believe that load of bullshit for a second. But nonetheless, they were here to form an alliance with the Allfather and his Asgardians, not start a war by killing his psychotic son. She lowered her gun and glared at Loki.

He returned her glare with a devilish grin.

"Really? Really?" Clint screeched, pulling tighter on his bow string. "A simple apology and he gets away with killing thousands of people, for brainwashing me and manipulating me against my will? It's that easy?! Not even a slap on the wrist? Are you fucking kidding me?"

Natasha sighed and punched her partner in the temple, rendering him unconscious. Thor caught Clint before he hit the ground.

"I apologize for my partner's outburst, it's just odd to see a deadly war criminal walking around so freely," Natasha chose her words carefully.

Loki smiled, "Why is that? You walk around freely whenever you'd like."

"I didn't attempt to take over the world," Natasha crossed her arms, falling back into her deadly banter with Loki. Just like when he was held captive on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s airship.

"Aw, my dear but that doesn't mean your ledger still isn't dripping red," Loki's eyes met hers and she struggled to hold his gaze. "By the way, how goes wiping the red from it? Wasn't Agent Barton your redemption, look at the poor man now, emotional...unstable. You've got your work cut out for you."

"You're the one that made him that way," Natasha whispered, crossing her arms.

Thor stepped in at long last, "Brother, please stop trying to antagonize my friends, you are no longer enemies," He wrapped an arm around Natasha's shoulder and she fought the urge not to recoil, she didn't like people touching her. "It would not be wise to get on Black Widow's bad side brother."

"Oh trust me, I'm well aware," Loki gave his elder brother a half smile.

"Thor show your comrades around the castle," Odin sighed, giving Loki an eye roll. "We will have dinner in a few hours."

"Yes father," Thor grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe!