Sequel: The Darkness Inside
Status: Mike PoV (mainly) Slash Fic (Complete)

A Different Kind of Love

Caught in the Act

He stood outside looking up at the window to Sams' room, it was dark within, but he knew the boy was still awake. Hesitantly he enters the house and creeps up towards the room. It was silent inside, not even Nanook wasn't making noise. The husky had taken to barking or growling at him as if to warn the world of what he is, but this oddity didn't register in his mind, no he had had way to much to think about, like how he can no longer deny Sam was, no, IS right, as he said, a shit -sucking vampire.

Slowly and silently he enters Sams' room, only a brief moment did he wonder about it, why he's just creeping into his brothers room without making noise like a thief in the night. Is he trying to give Sam a heart attack? He knew Sam was afraid of him and Sam had a right to be. After the sight of David and the others showing him what he is, what they had turned him into, he was down right terrified of himself, but he cared about Sam and hoped Sam would be able to get over his fear of him... He didn't even want to think about how their mom was going to take it when she eventually finds out or Sam opens his big mouth.

His brows furrows, how long had he been standing there looking at Sams' open closet door thinking to himself? Sam should have been finished shoving whatever dead animal their weird grandpa had given him into it. Now he was starting to worry as his sensitive hearing picked up on some noises, strange noises of movement and a sucking sound? Fear suddenly shot threw him, what if David... The thought is cut off as he pushes against the closet door to a close to see what lay behind it, praying that he'd not see his little bother throat-less and being drained on the other side. " ... Sam..." What he saw was just as shocking for different reasons.

Gawking at the sight that lay before him or more like is bent over before him. How much shock could he take in one night? " Holy. Shit. Sam. What the hell!" Only thing he could get out, there just where no words he could think of for the situation. His mouth hung open not even sure what sight is worse, the sight of vampires ripping apart people at a beach bon fire or getting an eye full of his little brother necked on the floor with Nanook... Well now that he thinks of it, it explained why the husky hadn't been bounding around warning Sam his blood sucking brother had returned.. It also explained some other weird things that he didn't want to think about.

Sam jumps up, knocking Nanook over who just seems to go into a low growl at him, which he doesn't even noticed as Sam wraps himself up in his multicolored blanket and shouts at him, though it takes a moment for the words to register threw the shock of what he had just witnessed." You have hands or does being a blood sucker make you forgot how to knock you Ass Hole!" pause." It's not what it looks like..."

He wasn't convinced, but just couldn't find any words to say, he just couldn't think of what to say and in fact prefer to just let his mind go blank, so he just stares silently at Sam, who must have read the disbelief on his face as well as confusion.." Ok, maybe it is, but..." Pause." Look Mike it just happen, I got scared, Nanook was so... Warm and so soft."

A horrified look had to crossed his face as Sam trails off with a dreamy look on his own. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Sam suddenly looks embarrassed realizing how he sounded wistful." Ok Mike, I'll, I'll confess, I have a love of a different kind. One that pretending to be gay is better than anyone finding out the truth... "

Not wanting to hear anymore about Sams' "love life" he slowly starts backing away towards the door, but Sam suddenly starts talking in earnest, perhaps finally finding some kind of weight lifted now that his dark secret was out, who knew, after all his little brother once going doesn't stop." Not just Nanook, I like them all, but the horses make me nervous, I don't want one to kick me, they may..." Now he was about ready to run for his life as he bumped into the door and scrambled for the knob while Sam trailed on about what he wanted to do with grandpas' horses and describing their graceful movements in a way he himself would have described the cheerleaders he dated back in Phoenix.

" Oh god Sam images! Images Sam! I do not need or want to know this! Ahgg, yuck." Gags as his over active mind provides him mental images of his little brother doing things with animals no human should ever be seen doing.

"Oh yea right Mike, get turned into a shit-sucking creature of the night, I should help you, but nooo, I have a secret you find out about and you can't handle it."

" Sam... I didn't want this, what the hell you want me to do? And I'm not describing what's happening to me to you in detail!" His voice came out a bit pitched higher than normal, with a touch of desperation, really, he did not want to discuss this right now or ever for that matter. " And your secret?! Lets not talk about your secret OK, you know lets pretend tonight never happened?" Yea right he thought, who was he fooling ." I won't say what I saw, you don't say what you saw and it never happened. Mom doesn't have to know. OK? Now I can handle it, fine, just fine, I'm fine, your secrets fine, we're all fine... I just don't need the details... Oh god Nanook licked my face once!" Gags again as he is assaulted with the image of what he could not ever unsee. Finally he gets the door open and slides out of Sams' room just to make a mad dash out of the house and for his bike before Sam can make a move to say anything else.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm new to writing, this is my first and really only story. (originally put up on another fic site)

Trying to see how well it goes for it here. :}

I do not own anything Warner Bros or The Lost Boys and affiliated characters.

Oh yea, if reading please leave comment about what you think, I accept both positive and negative critique.

I'm also open to messaging, if anyone has questions. :}