Sequel: The Darkness Inside
Status: Mike PoV (mainly) Slash Fic (Complete)

A Different Kind of Love

Sheep

At the boardwalk, David, Marko and Paul where out running the crowds. He and Dwayne where stuck at the bikes. Their job was to keep an eye out while the others where making rounds in case trouble comes along while their working, trouble likely being an anal security guard with a superiority complex. Even as deft as they where, security guards where on the look out for such things and best to have someone looking out for random 5-O wannabes.

Mercedes, oh not really sure what she does, other than is the snack lure. She's good at that and does it with zeal and can manage guys and girls. Her duty was to not only lure, but to lure them to spots that would be safe for them to feed, can't have anyone interrupting dinner after all, well there's always room for thirds in the case it happens.

Mercedes wasn't expected to sit with him and Dwayne and play spotter, but she was also not allowed to hang near David while he was working the crowds, but she was likely close by watching David. It was rare anyone of us strayed to far alone, always there was a pack member close by if not with you, gave a weird sense of security to know you would have help near by if something did happen, not that there was much that could.

::Whatcha get?:: He asked them when they had all returned, Mercedes had slipped up to take her seat behind David again.

:: Expensive looking watch, couple hundred dollars, package of gum, a credit card, a few grape Now n' Latters, three packs of cigarets which one is menthol, crack pipe, Swiss Army Knife and a key chain with a dog on it.:: David rattling off tonights' pickings.

:: Hey this would go good hanging from the button hole.:: Marko holds up the key chain, didn't look like cheap plastic, was something that looked like Lassie and very detailed work etched into the metal of the small figure. Marko then clasps the small prize onto the button hole of his jacket.

:: How much you want to bet the watch you snagged, the guy had stolen it from somewhere else, David?" Paul was smirking.

:: Who carries an expensive wrist watch loosely in their pocket, not in a box? It's obvious it was stolen, but it's ours now, If the guy couldn't hold onto his spoils, then he doesn't deserve to keep it.:: David was smug and let out a chuckle, that caused a couple that was close by to look their way nervously, then turn to walk off.

He got off his bike." I'm going to walk around, my ass is getting blisters from sitting to long." this got him some snickers. Dwayne also got up, likely tired of sitting, they had been waiting two hours for David, Marko and Paul to finish, that's a long time to be sitting on a bike doing nothing but watching for the boardwalk police.

They walked around a bit, just stretching their legs, till he stops at one of those games where you hit some thing to cause a weight to ring the bell at the top. One of the prizes was a huge stuff toy, something he had to get. An evil grin creeps across his face. " I want that." he points at the stuffed toy.

Dwayne shrugs." Then get it." Dwayne then smirks." Not like you can't make that bell ring."

" I don't have money on me. Shit." He looked at his empty wallet, he could swear moths flew out when he opened it. " got anything?"

Dwayne pulls out a wallet and looks." Lucky you, or you'd have to go back and ask David." Dwayne gives him an evil grin, then holds a dollar out to him, then pulls it back before he could snatch it. " I could just not give you it just so you would have to ask David to pay for the game."

" Ha, ha. I'm not asking David for anything before David has divided up everything, he'd just consider anything before he's had the chance as being taken out of his portion and I'm not stupid enough to be suckered into taking a "gift" from David." It wasn't good to ask or accept gifts from a vampire, unless you can return the favor, but when a vampire desired you, you might as well be giving the go ahead by taking things from them, especially if it was David.

" You owe me." Dwayne hands him the dollar.

" Put it on my tab." He snickers.

Bang, ding, yea wasn't hard for him to hit the bell. " And a prize for the strong young man." the guy says as he hands him the toy that was awkwardly big.

" What did you want that thing for anyway?" Dwayne being curious about his sudden need for a the big stuffed toy.

" Oooohhh, for my little brother... I need to shove it in a plastic bag, don't want him to see it before I'm ready." Dwayne chuckled at his words, likely guessing what he was up to.

**** The Weekend visit ****

Creak, bang, his mom jumps at the sound of the screen door being allowed to slam shut." Don't do that, you're going to mess up the door that way." she sighed and went back to stirring whatever was in the pot, likely something she was prepping for tomorrow night.

Mom seemed like she would pretend nothing had happened, no finding out her oldest son rips open throats to drink blood and gets more than a tan in the sun, no Max being a psychopathic blood sucker wanting to enslave her family and being roasted by her youngest, nope all was normal, though his mom would suddenly ask the occasional question when she wasn't sure about something to do with him.

Milferd must be asleep up in Sams room, summer, so he didn't tend to traipse in for a visit till a little after ten and Milferd seemed to go out like a light by around ten, probably from the allergy pills the kid took and puffing that inhaler. Sam however likely would be up, Sam would stay up till midnight if their mom would let him get away with it.

"What is behind your back?" He hoped his mom hadn't noticed he was hiding something, he didn't want his mom to see it, but then hard not to see the huge garbage bag with something in it unsuccessfully being hidden behind him.

" Nothing." She gave him a don't lie to me look." It's nothing bad. Just something for Sam, I don't want him to see it yet." He gave his mom an innocent smile, she eyed him like she thought he was up to something. He slips out of the kitchen, both hands now behind his back, Sam was in the living room, they gotten a T.V. along with a VCR since their mom was doing well at her job. No cable yet, so no MTV, but Sam still was watching something and even better hadn't seen him.

He grinned and if someone where to look at the moment, they'd probably though him looking very sinister as he creeps silently behind his brother grinning like a maniac, ducking down behind the couch. This was to perfect, Sam was just too engrossed in the T.V. show. Looked like Carson or one of the Late shows.

Suddenly Sam yelps like he's being attacked." Daaaddddyyy, mommmyyyy misssess you." No attack, just Sam suddenly getting a large stuffed sheep slapped against his face. it was the one he had saw at the game where you hit the thing to make the bell ring on the Boardwalk and couldn't resist winning it specifically to torture Sam. " Wheeennn yooouuu commming hommmeee?" It wasn't easy to try making the sheep talking imitation, not when your trying not to laugh.

The stuffed animal is pulled from his hand and then used at a weapon to pelt him repeatedly, Sam had recovered from his shock." You ass hole! You trying to scare grey hairs onto my head! I don't need grey hairs Mike! It's not funny! Stop Laughing."

" Dadddyyy, why you huuurrrrtt Mmmmmee, doonnn't yoooouuuu loveee usss annyy moooorrreee?" he was starting to choke on his laughter, gasping, till he finally gave up, Sam yelling at him over the couch.

" Evil jack ass, ass munching shit-sucker!" Sam kept smacking him with the damned thing, but he still couldn't stop laughing, Sams' fit just made it worse.

Sam suddenly drops back onto the couch, their mom looking at him from the kitchen door way, and grandpa had popped his head out from his den of dead animals, both likely seeing why Sam was yelling.

He was laughing on his back behind the couch, the stuffed sheep toy laying on his chest and over his face, so likely their mom got a weird view of him with his legs sticking out from under the giant ass sheep where Sam dropped it. " Was... Funny..." his words where slightly muffled, but recognizable.

" Will you two behave." Their mom sighed exasperatedly." And Micheal, don't be scaring your brother, Sam watch your language, and use your inside voice." She gave a funny look at the sheep toy on his chest and then just shook her head, going back to the kitchen.

Their grandpa had disappeared back into his work room, without a word. Leaving him and Sam alone in the living area. He had calmed his laughter down to a small chuckle here and there. " Daaaddddyyyy." a pillow lands on his face and he starts snickering.

" You are not funny Mike." Sam was starting to repeat himself, he'd ticked Sam off a little, for that joke.

He sits up and props his head on the back of the couch." Hey, you want it?" He holds the stuffed sheep out towards Sam and wiggles it in the air. It was a pretty big toy.

Sam looks at him then the sheep, then him again. " I'm still mad at you." Sam grabs the stuffed animal and sets it in his lap. " He just grins at Sam when Sam takes the thing from him.