Sequel: The Darkness Inside
Status: Mike PoV (mainly) Slash Fic (Complete)

A Different Kind of Love

Bad Juju

There was a reason why the Local residents, born and bred in the Murder Capital of the World tried to tell their youths not to mess with the bikers on the board walk. Coarse no one believes the stupid stories? The ones about the gang, the one on bikes with the leader that had bleach blond hair and eyes ice blue. Someone that stood out, not just due to his hair, but had this air of menace, that if you caught his attention or any of the groups attention, you tended to disappear, or would likely have nightmares for the rest of your life.

The drifters, runaways, homeless, people that for some god forsaken reason who decided to move to Santa Carla, they had reasons to not know and be ignorant, but the resident teens who ignore the warning and go play at the boardwalk at night, who don't believe the "bull shit" about the gang on bikes having haunt that boardwalk since before their parents where born haven't any excuse. The gang never bothered the residents, tending to pick off the other gangs, the surf Nazi's and the occasional drifter that caught their eye, never did they go near residential homes, unless you do a stupid thing, a suicidal thing and piss one of them off, there's no excuse when you've seen them, recognized them and still take that step that gets you marked by them as a target.

" He taps his fingers on Sams' door, Sam was in his room, he'd ran from the dinning room, hiccuping like mad. " Geeze you get a little bit of hiccups and go running off like a little girl embarrassed, open up." Sam could be so sensitive at times.

" I.. " Hic." Not coming out." Hic, hic. " It's." Hic, hic, hic." Can't stop. You're laughing." Hic.

" I'm am not." He was. " Hey I can scare them out of you." He shifted once in front of Sam and mom, he could do it again, he wasn't as self conscious about it anymore.

" How you expect to do that? I'm not going." Hic, hic, hic." Watch any of your ." Hic. " Scary movies!" Sam was really asking this question and Sam's supposed to be the smart one?

" You know how you ding bat." He felt someone bump into him from behind, when he looked, Milferd was there, what the hell, the kid seemed to follow him and stare at him, that is when not asking him questions.

" You... Going... To change? Can I... Study you?" Milferd looked very hopeful, what the hell, study him?

" What? Study me? I look like I run on all fours, have white fur and go squeak and eat cheese, kid?" He didn't want to be the weird kids lab rat.

" Hey" hic " Guys I'm the one with the problem." Hic, Sam still with the door locked.

" Then open up, so I can scare you hicuppless you little dork." He wasn't laughing now, Milferd showing up asking freaky questions broke the moment.

The door comes open." Ok try your best, but I don't... Oh Jesus Christ in a dress!" Sam yelled.

Soon as Sam opened the door, he shifted and made like he was lunging at Sam, letting out a roar right in Sams' face, fangs bared, claws out, like he was about to rip Sam apart. He paused, hearing Milferd puffing several times on the inhaler. Milferds' puffing was very distracting in his trying to be scary moment. Suddenly he's getting hit with the sheep he gave Sam.

" Ass hole you're supposed to scare me, not give me a heart attack! Fang faced, death breath who doesn't know what a mint is! Go pop some mints, your breath is wilting grandpas weed plants from here!" Sam, he never can satisfy the doofus, but it was still fun scaring the shit out of his little brother.

And his mom enters having herd the roar and Sams' language, she was about to say something, but yelps seeing him in his vampire form. " Uh everything alright?" She asked nervously, but seeming satisfied Sam wasn't hurt, considering he was the one getting hit in the back of the head with the sheep now since he looked over at mom.

He felt a tug and looked down, Milferd was kneeling next to him holding onto something." What the hell are you doing?" His voice was a little ruff from the change, so likely sounded more aggressive than intended, not that he cared, Milferd had what looked like a tape measure out and was messing with his hand.

" Language Michael." Mom sounded nervous still.

" Measuring... Your claws seem to be about 2.5 inches long... I need to check them... All... To see if they are the same length." He could only stare at Milferd with this what the hell look of near disbelief, the kid had been serious about studying him. " Your thumb claw is about 3 inches."

Now their mom was giving Milferd a confused look." You know, I'll just go back down stairs and finish eating dinner." Mom then turns and leaves, the scene likely to surreal for her, he knew it was for him.

" Kid I'm not your Guinea pig." he pulled his hand away from Milferd.

" Can I measure your fangs?" The kid had balls that was for sure to be wanting to put his hands near a vampires mouth, a very irritated vampire.

" No!" It came out quickly, Milferd looked disappointed, well tough luck, he wasn't going be the kids science project.

" Hey it worked! My hiccup are gone!." Sam suddenly shouted enthusiastically.

He face palmed, another freaky weird night at grandpas, him being the center of the weirdness.

**** After Dinner ****

" So... You are wanting Sams' stuffed... Animals? The dead ones?" Milferd had asked him, did he have to repeat himself?

" Why you want those nasty things Mike? I got some moved out into a shed, Grandpa just keeps bringing the creepy dead eye soul sucking things in, they watch me Mike, Like they know what I'm doing, it's damned creepy." Sam could still use some therapy, just not to do with vampires.

He grinned at Sam." That's the whole point of wanting them, I'll take them off your hands and any grandpa gives you, it's... Just some fun I want to do with them." Oh fun alright, he knew exactly where they where going to put those things.

" And how you getting them out? Not like you could fit them all on that bike, unless you have magical powers of dead animal levitation?" Sam being sarcastic as usual.

" Um no, someone will pick them up, just stick them in bags and set them out, can get carried off that way." Sam gave him a dirty look when he said someone was picking them up.

" Oh no Mike, not letting that freaking Satan in the house, or his freaky demon followers, no way." Sam needs to clean his ears out.

" That's why I said outside you doofus, they'll get hauled off, you won't have to worry about them, and I can just take any animal you end up with home from then on. How many do you have?" It's been a little over a year and grandpa had gave Sam several of the things within the first week of moving in.

" Wait... The Lost Boys... Come here? Cool." Milferd takes a puff on that inhaler. Really, really weird kid, and naively suicidal.

" Not cool! They're evil douche bags that like killing." Sam glances at him." Err no offense Mike." He shrugged, Sam looks back at Milferd." You want to stay away from them, Mikes fine, sorta, but they will eat you." Sam was kinda right, but none of them found Milferd appetizing in the slightest and Milferd didn't mess around the board walk or piss them off.

" No one's eating anyone, just need help getting the animals out of here." He sighed, Sam was going to have to get over the being anal about whom he's running with, he'd though never have them come in the house.

" Fine, Well get garbage bags, fill them up and they can go fly off or something, but no coming in, OK?" Sam had relented .

" As I said, they're not coming in." He grinned wickedly, oh what and where those animals will be going, will be so much fun, he couldn't tell Sam yet, Sam might find out anyway after the fact. Sam gave him a uncertain look, he tried not to creep Sam out to much, just wasn't easy to play it off normal... Especially since he was still shifted...

**** Latter in the shed****

Well he calmed enough and shifted back to looking human normal, he, Sam and Milferd went out and started bagging up the animals, even the moth eaten ones, their mom had given them a funny look when Sam told her they where only running to the shed to give him those old dead stuffed animals. " I change my mind, I don't think I'll need more, damn I can't believe grandpa gave you all these, where were you supposed to put them?" He asked not expecting an answer as he shoved an owl into the bag.

" Ok, where do we take them?" Sam then sighed and followed him as he headed out into the field without answering and sat two garbage bags down, they where double wrapped, Milferd dragged one bag over, Sam managed one.

" Here will work, lets get the other bags." They had bagged a good number of the things, but barley made a dent in the animals all shoved into the shed. When they dragged the last bags to the field, he lit up a joint and started puffing it. Sam shook his head and started trying to imitate a drunk.

thwap." owe, jerk, what was that for?" Sam protested at getting a slap at the back of his head.

" Cause you're being a dork, and it's not like that, you don't get drunk off of weed." he stuck his tongue out at Sam.

" So how... Long will it... Oh, geeze." Milferds' eyes went wide and then he started puffing on that inhaler, like big time.

Sam yelped." Great now Sat" He slapped a hand over Sams' mouth before Sam said something very stupid.

David smirk." Nice to see you too Samuel." David then glanced at Milferd with this sort of what the hell is up with this kid look, shrugged and grabbed a few bags. Mercedes, Dwayne, Paul and Marko followed.

" Thanks Sammy, whammy we will take good care of them, we already have a nice." Paul shuts up as Marko elbowed him and put a finger to his lips.

" Shhh, don't spoil it." Marko then gave Sam that sly grin and a wave, with his hand over his mouth.

And almost as soon as they came, they where gone. Then he pulled his hand from Sams' mouth. Milferd was just staring up at the sky where they had taken off.

" At least Satan made it quick and what is it with his twin who now split off from him? Like wasn't it enough one of him exists? And the shorter guy, something's off about him."

" Uh, Marko's got strange tastes, you don't want to know, Marko's a Kelecto, I'll just leave it at that." He didn't want to go into the various vices and strange interests vampires could develop with Sam and his mad scientist friend.

" That was so cool, they can fly... Can you fly?" He gave Milferd a questioning look. " Oh, yea, guess so... No one would... Believe me, that I saw them... Up close and they looked at me and I'm... Alive." And puff, puff, Milferd was just to excited,well what passed for excited with Milferd.

" What are they going to do with those? Mike, what is it you're up to?" Sam was now going to do the annoying pelt him with 20 questions thing.

" Oh, nothing, you'll find out." He leans forward into Sams face." You may find out... Eventually." He gives Sam a most sinister grin.

" Uh, yea sure, throw that back at me, OK... But really Mike just weird, what would a bunch of blood suckers want to do with old smelly dead animals?" Sam still asking, ha, he wasn't telling, not yet anyway.

He pops Sam on the nose with his finger." Again dork, You'll have to find out eventually."

**** Next Night ****

Sam wasn't going to be to happy, but they where all there, outside, Mercedes had detached herself from David and was on her dirt bike, as much as she wanted David, she seemed to have missed the bike and had actually stopped wanting to ride behind David. Them sitting out front, well if he had made kids a little nervous, the whole pack on the teachers parking side of the building was likely scaring the crap out of some of the more intelligent kids that where still hanging around waiting on rides, they didn't go near them and occasionally whispered something.

There was a reason they where all there: Frank who made the mistake of insulting him, not a smart move, you mess with one of them, you would likely be seeing all of them, but this wasn't a hunt, the kid would have to come out and play at the board walk where they could pull him from the crowd and get him alone near the beach where no evidence can be left behind. No, simply a statement and if Frank had enough brains, he'd catch on that they where going to make his little pathetic life a living hell. Giving the prey fair warning time for them to think on what's coming and build up paranoia and fear was far more entertaining. The guy was marked as a target, Frank was screwed.

" I have a joke... What's grosser than gross?" A friend in Phoenix told him this one.

" Paul." Dwayne answered.

" Ah, no... When you throw your underwear at the wall and they stick." He grinned, they snickered.

" Why am I not surprised that would be the joke." Mercedes just looks board and unamused, she was hard to please.

" What's grosser than that?" The joke wasn't finished.

" I don't know, an STD?" Marko and Paul both snickered.

" No, when they crawl back." He smirked and then laughed at the reactions.

" My underwear ever crawled back, I'd set it on fire." Mercedes rolled her eyes.

" I'd ask when's the last time you washed them Mercedes if you're underwear went crawling for you." David gave Mercede a smug look, she kind of walked into that one.

" Man if underwear could crawl, you could let them crawl off you, no need to fight or rip them off when trying to screw someone." Paul would think like that.

" Oh Sams coming." He straightened up, he'd have to pull up to Sam since Sam wouldn't go near David and the rest. They had parked a good ways from the door, then again Sam was suddenly stopped by the ass hole in question. The two with the guy had hold of the other two kids. " This works." He took off towards them and skidded to a stop right in front of them.

" Hey chicken shit, didn't learn the first time? Hu?" He popped at Frank who then looked at him and if looks could kill, well he'd have roasted, and the guy was about to pop something off in return, a threat maybe, but that changed when he saw the group that suddenly was surrounding them, like wolves on bikes. They all went white.

" So Michael, this is the guy that said you was just a wannabe punk?" David asked, popping a cigarette into his mouth and lighting it. David looked very unimpressed as he glanced over the guy Frank.

" Yea Mikey, this the guy who thinks you a care bear... What's a care bear anyway, Frankie? That your name Frankie? Lets play Frankie, it'll be fun." Paul starts Cackling and bouncing on his bike, the look on Pauls face was demented amusement.

" I want to hear them scream, we can cut them a little first." Marko might look innocent, but there was no less a devil inside. " Cut their skin and make them eat it in front of a mirror, so they have to see it all." Marko had a Cheshire cat grin on his face and it wasn't pleasant looking at all.

" Want to hear them scream, nail them to a floor of an abandon house and set it on fire, they'll slowly wait for the flame or the smoke to get them first." Dwayne was sneering at the group as he said this.

" Calm down boys, we wouldn't want to get to excited and do things we don't want to... Yet." David let out a low chilling laugh.

" Wouldn't want to damage the poor dears before we finished having our fun now would we?" Mercedes added, amused.

" Hey Frankenstein, why you still holding my brother?" he leaned forward." Do I have to rip your arm off first and beat you with it? Didn't you get a clue the first time not to touch the little dweeb? I don't like people who touch my family." Sam might not be what he was, but Sam was still his... Brother. Sam didn't belong to anyone else.

Frank let go of Sam, who promptly ran off to the side, Sam seemed relieved, but wasn't coming near them. The kid with the baseball cap and the other followed Sam as their captors let go, Milferd then popped up from where ever he was and join them.

" You guys don't look so tough tonight, you hurt my feelings saying all those bad things." His voice dripped with sarcasm." Saying I'm a care bear that they wouldn't want." He was staring at them, fake look of hurt on his face, then David held out his cigarette, he took it, pulled a drag off it and handed it back, then blew the smoke out towards the suicidal pathetic mortals that would go after his brother then dare insult him.

" Look we don't want trouble, was just a mistake." Frank wanted to back off now, but was to late, the idiot already dug a hole he couldn't crawl out of. " Hey We're sorry about it, we meant no harm, just the geeks, they where ..."

" You know who we are, you shouldn't have opened your mouth, Franklin." David leaned forward." Now you're going to be our toy you pathetic little worm till we are board and decide to just break you, how you like that?" David had a menacing look to his face that spoke volumes of the nightmares to come for Frank. David then revved his bike and jerked it forward at them, letting out a sinister laugh when they jumped back, then spun around taking off.

:: Think our message is clear, time to leave.:: David sent out to them, the others followed, he stayed behind, he was there to pick up Sam after all.

" Hey dork, hop on, unless you fallen in love with the wall?" He watched Sam unplaster himself from the wall and run to get on back of the bike. He glanced at Frank." See you around, Chicken, bwak, bwak, bwak." He let out a laugh, Frank looked white as a sheet along with his friends, Bill and Mario.

" Mike You freaking jerk, you didn't tell me Satan was coming here! Ass hole." Sam nearly shouted at him. His friends staring at Sam in bewilderment, Milferd had waved and walked off to get his ride home.

" You didn't ask, I didn't tell." He snickered and revved the bike, then peeled out, turning it so that the tire would send a spray of loose gravel from the parking lot at Frank and co. As he took off.