Sequel: The Darkness Inside
Status: Mike PoV (mainly) Slash Fic (Complete)

A Different Kind of Love

Art of Torture

:: Stop snickering Paul, you'll wake him and ruin the surprise.:: David was trying to get Pauls' laughter under control as David held his hand out the window. :: Pass another.::

:: This dudes going to freak, shit can't wait, hope he wakes before sun rise.:: Laughter in Pauls' words

:: Where should I place the birdie?:: Marko was inside the room looking around, a huge stuffed vulture in his hands.

David, Marko and Paul where on the inside in the room of a house, middle class, nice neighborhood. He, Mercedes and Dwayne where on the outside. Dwayne was on the ground tossing up the "presents" while he and Mercedes were hovering outside the window to catch them and then passed them threw the open window to the others inside for placement in the room.

:: Hey stick the rabid looking badger on the table by the bed.:: He held the badger out for one of them to grab, which Paul snatched from him, looked at it, then nodded and set it on the bed side table, moving the small lamp aside silently and turning the badger so that it's open jaw snarl was pointed at the occupant of the bed.

:: I'd hate to be this guy when he wakes up, these things really are creepy.:: Mercedes was holding out a snake, looking every bit amused as David takes it and sets it on the sleeping boys chest.

:: Ha, yea, they are creepy, like their eyes follow you no matter where you stand.:: Marko takes a porcupine from him, oh that one was going to be fun, Marko was setting it on the floor about where this guys feet would likely land if he came out of the bed side ways and the bed being against the wall, that was a high possibility.

David left the rest of the animals to Marko and Paul as he started setting up trip wires at the door running it up along the door frame, pushing small eye bolts into the wood where the door frame meets the wall, then looping fishing line threw the eye bolts. :: Got the stereo and speakers?:: David was holding the line waiting.

Dwayne passed him and Mercedes the speakers and stereo, it was a nice cassette player, money well spent for a good cause... Cause they wanted to permanently mentally scar this guy for life. Marko and Paul took the speakers from him and set them near David, then got the stereo from Mercedes.

David then started looping the line over the play button, it had took them a few nights and a lot of experimenting to get it right, but they figured out how to cross the wires so that the stereo would play when the button was up, instead of pushed in and messed with the wires to the stop button so you couldn't push it to get the thing to turn off once the play button was triggered. It would snap up soon as pressure hit it, currently there was no tape in it, which was good in case of accidental triggering, which would suck even without a tape, since they wouldn't be able to turn it off again to retrigger it. The things one can do with motivation and time to kill.

David plugged the thing in. :: Tape? :: David held out his hand while he started tightening the line at the other end. Paul handed him the cassette, which David then carefully stuck into the small stereo that was set up on the floor a few feet from the door, fishing line running taunt threw the eye bolts from it's play button, to the base of the door, looped up around over the frame back to the base of the door on the other side, then across the floor back to the other side, where it was tide off. :: It is still at the place it was stopped? :: David grinned when they gave him a nod.

:: Blood time!:: He handed over the paint can full of human blood, with a paint brush, Paul then hovered up to the ceiling and went to work writing Can't Run, Can't Hide on the ceiling and We Are Watching You...

Marko took a can and brush and started dabbing blood over the mouths and claws of the animals surrounding the bed, letting it drip onto floor, carpet, tables, where ever they where placed and pool in the things mouths'.

:: Wooo shit, hard to not laugh.:: Paul though was laughing mentally.

:: He lands on that Porcupine, he's going to be really screaming.:: He pointed out where Marko had set the thing.

:: I said I wanted to hear him scream, I meant it.:: Marko was smirking, climbing out the window to join them. Paul followed, passing us the paint cans of blood.

David stayed behind to give the sleeping Frank a few good dreams. David hunched over Franks ear and started whispering something to the guy, that evil smirk across Davids face. A low dark chuckle escaped as David finished and headed for the window. :: Time to wait out for the show boys.:: David could just embodied everything sinister and evil, it wasn't a wonder Sam considered David Satan.

**** Sometime later in the night ****

They had perched in a tree waiting in the back yard of the house, with their hearing they'd know everything going on, they where just sitting around on limbs, downing Jack, Absolut, Crown Royal, Schnapps and tossing beers and bottles back and forth, they pulled from a beat up ice chest they had wedged between limbs. Passing around the alcohol love. They knew they'd be there awhile, so provisions where needed. Joints and cigarettes where also changing hands. Frank had been tossing back and forth ever since David had whispered in the guys ear, likely having some juicy Lovecraft worthy nightmares knowing David.

They all went silent, hushing their mental conversations, they could hear movement coming from the room.

:: Show time.:: David remark amused.

( Aaahhhhhhh!)

:: Someone found the porcupine.:: Marko started laughing.

( Glow of light coming from the room: "What the Fuuuccc!")

:: And he now see's he's not alone.:: He snickered listening to the sounds of the guy stumbling for the door.

( "Holy shit! " Sounds of Frank scrambling to get up and limping for the door as fast as possible.)

:: I'm going to guess he saw my art work.:: Paul was grinning like a maniac.

Suddenly the sound of What You Don't Know (Sure Can Hurt You) by Twisted Sister blared out into the night air full blast. The track had been played up till it got to the second Verse of that song.

What you don't know sure can hurt you

What you can't see makes you scream

What you don't know sure can hurt you

What you don't have is what you dream

:: And now some music for our show tonight.:: David was laughing now. :: He's not made it out the door yet.::

Ain't we a pretty picture?

Ain't we a load of fun?

Don't let me influence you

I'll do that when we're done

Oh, are we irritating?

Oh, are we grating on your nerves?

Don't you know that the good boys

Never get what they deserve

( more scuffling, cursing and generally Frank freaking out big time, the guy had let out another scream when the radio suddenly came on.)

What you don't know sure can hurt you

What you can't see makes you scream

What you don't know sure can hurt you

What you don't have is what you dream

( Sound of falling, more scrambling, then a scream.)

Your brain is filled with questions

You don't know how or why

Don't look to me for answers, honey

Cause I don't want to lie

How do you like it so far?

Say ain't we quite a show?

There's no one else quite like us

The others all get up and go

Don't fill my head with stories

You see I ain't no debutante

Let's get to the nitty gritty

Now you give me what I want

They where laughing low, trying to not be to noisy.

( Sound of someone yelling, not Frank, Frank screamed out again, they could only guess Frank was removing the porcupine needles now so that he could walk and escape that room)

What you don't know sure can hurt you

What you can't see makes you scream

What you don't know sure can hurt you

What you don't have is what you dream

( A womans' voice joined the mans, parents likely, the track was switching to the next song, which someone jerked the tape out after figuring out the stop button wont work. Silence filled the air, other than a whimpering Frank. They could tell the parents where getting freaked out by their handy work as they could hear gasps of shock after the moment of silence.)

:: Time to pack up.:: David tossed his bottle into the chest, grin still on his face.

:: So what's next ?:: Paul seemed ready to deliver more torture to this guy.

:: He has a locker at school.:: He let out a laugh. :: We can stick a stuffed squirrel in there.::

:: Sounds good, lets give him a few nights, then leave him a present.:: David then took off out of the tree, they followed.

They flew tonight, since bikes where noisy and they had to have their hands free to carry the things there. Marko carried the Ice chest of alcoholic goodness.

:: That was fun, though we aren't going to see or hear what happens with the locker when we get to that, he won't be there till the day.:: Mercedes was right, but it was the thought that counts.