Sequel: The Darkness Inside
Status: Mike PoV (mainly) Slash Fic (Complete)

A Different Kind of Love

Oh Shit, Not You Again!

Awkward, seems that was how everything got when going over to grandpas to visit his mom and Sam. Tonight wasn't going to be much different.

" Oh, tuna!" He reached instantly for the dish, about to shove his fork right into the thing more out of memory, cause he use to liked tuna casserole. " Owe." he pulls his hand back shaking, it didn't hurt, just reflexive, his mom had whacked it with the serving spoon.

" You can wait till everyone's here and seated." Mom gave him a funny look, probably because he didn't normally show much interest in eating.

Now he was confused and looked over at Sam and Milferd. His grandpa didn't like eating with everyone... Sooo." Oh great those Frog freaks aren't coming here are they?" Sam had been managing to make sure he and the Frogs didn't cross paths as much as possible, though Sam only hung out with the Frogs during the day on the weekends... The Frogs didn't seem to care about any after school activities like Sam so they where long gone by the time he would pick Sam up.

" Nope." Sam started laughing." That girl Star was here the other day, with her new boooyyyyy frrreeiiind, but don't feel bad, he's a dead beat." Sam started laughing.

" Sam, be nice." His mom looked at him." She said she needed to talk to you about something so I invited her to come to dinner tonight, they should be here any minute."

**** The Guests ****

Star avoided looking at him most the time, why she was there, well he wished she'd hurry up with it. Star was silent while the guy she was with was trying to be encouraging for her, this guy was a big guy, but didn't look like the guy had even seem physical labor or a weight, much less actually done anything physical. The way the guy dressed reminded him of Paul, but that was the only similarity and the guy was a little older than him and Star, like twenty one and had a band that will make it big soon as the guy gets out of his moms basement. Yea, sure this guy's going places. Going alright, going to be fat and still dressed like he's still has an teens body at thirty five rocking out to his mom in her basement. He was unimpressed, very unimpressed as this guy rambled on and on about how great his band is.

" Want to hear me sing?" The guy who's' name was Larry asked.

" Is that a trick question?" He had to ask.

" Michael." His mom had a chastising tone in her voice. She looked at Larry." Go right ahead, we would love to hear you sing."

The guy started singing, he shoved his fingers as deep as he could into his ears. It was the most horrible sound he ever herd, tone deaf was an understatement. Sam and Milferd followed his lead and plugged their ears as well, his mom was being polite and kept a smile, but he could tell she wasn't going to be giving no standing ovation.

" Boys don't be rude." They all took their fingers from their ears.

" I think my... Ears... Are bleeding." Milferd got out before puffing his inhaler.

" Is grandpa skinning a room full of cats alive? " Sam asked in such a way it sounded like an honest question.

" Everyone's a critique, Star likes it, so does my posse, don't be jealous." This guy was a bit full of himself and honestly thought his singing was good.

He almost felt sorry for Star, except he's incapable of compassion now, so nope, he doesn't." Um yea, sure.. And did you seriously just say posse? Really?" Posse was the last word he'd associate with no talent rocker wannabes. There should be a law against people like Larry to use my and Posse together in the same sentence.

" Be nice boys, I thought it was... Unique." Mom forced a smile.

" Uniquely horrible." Sam whispered to Milferd, Milferd started snickering, his hearing picked it up, he grinned, no one else though herd Sams' comment.

" So Star, other than torturing me with your new lovers talent, why you wanting to see me? Last time I saw, you couldn't run far enough away from me." That still stung, the way Star had freaked out and shunned him, he didn't care about what or who she was doing now, but his words came out bitter anyway, because she turned her back on him so easily when he wasn't her perfect knight to save her, made him feel like she had only wanted to use him.

" I uh." Star wouldn't look at him, instead casting her eyes down to the floor.

She knew how he'd interpret her reaction, she was reacting to him like she did with David, even though he's never touched her in a bad way or used any form of threat David had. She was showing complete submission to a pack member that was higher status than her, even though she was now human, she remembered what she learned from David.

Larry started rubbing her back, trying to give the girl confidence, while shooting him glares, naturally the guy was thinking Stars reaction was do to him being abusive or some shit, not that his comment about Star wanting to get away from him helped... Stupid mortal has no idea what abuse is, Larry should meet David. Coarse everyone else wouldn't know what Star was doing and interpret it as Star being afraid he would hurt her except Sam and maybe Milferd if Sam's been telling everything he had been telling Sam.

" No one's going to do anything here to hurt you dear, now what was it you need to tell Michael?" His mom trying to be nice and look sympathetic, his mom was an optimist and wouldn't believe him a woman abuser, after all she raised better sons than that, he might make her skittish, but mom also had an idea what really went on between him and Star, Sam was a loud mouth and told.

Star wasn't scared, nervous yes, but she didn't look scared or really upset, Star took a deep breath and looked at him, right in the face, but wouldn't hold eye contact, knowing that would be issuing a challenge." I... You... I had a baby, it's yours."

Ok... That was unexpected. He thinks he might be going into shock now, as he could only stare at Star, he felt a hand on his chin, Sam was trying to push his mouth closed.

" Ha, ha! You knocked a girl up, you're gonna get it! Did it that night didn't you? The one grandpa said you got lucky, taking care of things alright, yea sure you were alright." Sam burst into a laugh." Close your mouth Mike, you'll catch flies!" Sam was one to talk, Sams' mouth seemed always to be partially open ready to spit out some comment.

Star suddenly started looking very embarrassed at Sams' outburst, Larry rubbing her back giving him a look like he wasn't no good, which was kinda right, just not in the way the guy thought. Speaking of thoughts, this guy other than thinking he's gods gift to music, thought some pretty nasty things about him, assuming, this guy did to much assuming, he didn't like the impression Larry got from Stars reaction, that he was abusive, actually digging a little deeper Larry had already had an idea Star been threw some hell, Star just would never tell this guy, not that talking about vampires wouldn't get Star a nice straight jacket. He had to give the guy points for being a decent man, even if he's just an idiot dead beat human.

Suddenly his mom was out of her seat and hugging him, this was to freaky to be real, his mom had been so skittish and nervous around him trying to pretend nothing's different, but mom had been keeping her distance every since that night, now she was hugging him to death all of a sudden.

" I have grand babies! Oh I thought I'd never see grand babies, with Sam being, well Sam and what happened to you." Mom was choking him in her hug, good thing he didn't need air, Sam gave mom a funny look, kinda like what is that supposed to mean, poor Sam.

Guess his mom forgot the whole no getting children before twenty and having a career, but then again the fact she would never have grand children since vampires can neither get pregnant or impregnate anything and the whole Sam being assumed gay. Now she finds out he knocked someone up must have out weighed that, cause she was going to have a grand kid to turn rotten. His mom really, really loved children.

His mom turned loose and started in on Star." Now where's my little grand child? " He hadn't seen his mom this excited and happy in a long time, not since that shit with the divorce.

Larry looked a bit confused, and trying to figure out what mom had meant about him and Sam. Star was keeping her mouth closed, when she looked at mom." Out in the car."

"Out in the car? You left a baby in the car? You are going to need a lot of help young lady, you never leave a baby in the car, don't you know bad things can happen? " Mom was chiding Star on her parenting skills, he started snickering. " Now lets go get this grand child of mine." Mom was practically out the door, causing us to have to get up and follow her.

" So Star why now? If the kids mine, it's been a little over a year, I know enough to know that they're born at nine months, so the kids what, a few months old?" He had to know.

" What are vampire... Babies like?" And puff goes Milferd, of all the questions, that one was just creepy, to damned creepy to think about. It made him think of It's Alive... Actually he was able to trick Sam into watching the birth scene of that one.

Star looked at Milferd then him, kinda a little in shock." Uhh the baby's a normal, human." Star gave a nervous laugh. Then looked at him." I'm having a little trouble, not enough money..." Star knew what she'd be asking for from him, she needed help with money and any money he gave would mean someone either died or was robbed, ill gotten gains, but she must be in such a situation she'd ask, desperate enough to risk even coming in contact with David.

" Vampire babies? That thing rot your brain kid?" Larry looked at Milferd like Milferd was crazy.

Sam gave Larry a dirty look and was about to make one of his snarky comments, then suddenly laughed." Oh man, you got a Pinto!" Sam burst into a laugh. Sam knew cars, because he talked about them, plus their mom had a friend that had a Pinto, which ended up in a junk yard.

He looked, sure enough it was a Pinto, an ugly yellow Pinto. Pintos where nice enough looking, just not in that shade of yellow, they just weren't very safe, if you called bursting in flames from a bumper bump not being very safe.

" Yea sweet car, got a real sweet deal on it to." Larry seemed to not know the Pintos notoriety, but he doubt Larry knew very much about anything to do with Cars.

" Yea sweet, only needs a clock counting down the time on the side." Sam and Milferd were both laughing, Larry was looking at them like what is that supposed to mean?

" It's a Pinto, you got it cheap because." He made a gesture of his hands coming apart while at the same time going boom." Those things explode if you look at them wrong... Dude you're driving a bomb with wheels." He started laughing. Larry was giving him a dirty look like he thought he was lying." I'm serious, bump the back and that thing will go up like a Roman Candle." Debates trying to get the Pinto to explode at some point.

" There was a lot of rumors about the fires." Mom said absently as she was peering into the car." Oh I see you." Mom started tapping on the window.

" One time, one time I happen to not have a condom." He shakes his head, Half vampires were still pretty much human, if they don't fully turn and become human after doing the stupid thing and screwing, well you can become a parent, which is what Star is now, hey not his fault, she initiated it.

" Eeeewww gross, that's diffidently Mikes' spawn." Sam was holding his nose." Smells like Mike did after he ate four bean burritos and that Fish taco from the taco stand with food of a questionable origin."

His mom held the baby out towards him, the baby was necked, the diaper having came loose in the car." Oh, un uh, not touching it." He jumps back away from it, apparently it decided to play in its diaper and then suck on it's fingers... So much for cute and cuddly, that was not cuddly nor currently cute being smeared all brownish green and smelling all funky. His mom gave him a disapproving look.

" Oh man, Larry, looks like you got a new seat cover." Sam was laughing again." Just as Gross as Mike already and can't even walk. It's Going to be scratching it's but, burping and spilling corn chips all over the sofa and hiding coke cans under the seat in no time!"

" Oh... That is... Nasty... I'm never... Having kids..." Milferd then pinned his fingers over his nose again and looked ready to puke.

" What?" Larry walks around to the passenger side where the baby was left." Oh God no!"

He made a show of rubbing his hand in his arm pit and placed it over Sams face and just held it there, making Sam try to slap it away, it didn't have as much effect when you don't sweat and therefore don't need deodorant." That smell will never come out, what did you feed it? The all you can eat salad bar at Wendys?" Eating from the Wendys salad bar was like playing Russian roulette with your stomach, but it was cheap.

" And this is why you don't leave babies alone without supervision." Mom had this I told you so look on her face as she turned and walked into the house caring the kid and ignoring the fact that it was covered in it's own feces... At this rate Star's going to be lucky if she can get the kid back from his mom.

**** Thirty Minutes latter ****

The baby was cleaned off and now his mom was trying to get him to hold it. " I don't want to hold her, I'll drop it." He stared at the kid, it was a girl.

" She's not going to bite." Mom paused thinking of what she just said and actually giggled at how ironic that sounded." She's, your baby, take her." She was practically forcing it on him, he had to take the kid. " Hold her against you, not like that!"

So he was holding the thing out from him under its arms like it was a live rattle snake. " Uhh." he sighed and held the kid against him, like his mom held it. " She looks better not covered in her own crap at least." He didn't know what to think of having a kid, on the good side, this kid was surprisingly quite, mostly making gurgling noises, no screaming and crying yet.

"I seen what you can lift and you're afraid of dropping a baby? Guess you stopped working out and now your Biiigggg, Mussseeelllsss turned to jello." Sam was now acting like he couldn't lift his arms, causing Milferd to laugh, which caused Milferd to need the inhaler.

" Shut up dork, you can hold her next... Uncle Sam." He sneered at Sam. " Shouldn't you be dancing and singing a theme song now?"

Star was watching him nervously, she looked almost like she was going to step between him and mom when mom was handing over the baby, but must have changed her mind, maybe she decided he didn't think the baby an appetizer or decided it was dangerous to. Like he would kill something that was his.

" Give her here." Larry, who sensed Stars unease must have decided to come take the kid for her, not the best of ideas, since he didn't invite Larry to take the kid from him.

He shot Larry a death glare that said you touch, you die, Larry was to close and reaching out to take the kid from him and instinct was telling him to tear the hand off on the mortal trying to take what belonged to him, the baby, like any prize off a kill, was his, not Larrys'.

Larry suddenly paused in his attempt to take the kid, not yet having put his hand on the baby." What the hell, did you just growl at me?" Larry stared at him, but looked a little shocked. He hadn't realized he'd growled, but what ever came out of his throat wouldn't have sounded like something human and now Star decided to pull Larry away, he caught the hint of fear coming from Star, likely scared for Larry, not the child at this time.

Mom was giving him a worried look. " I'm fine." He tried to give her a reassuring smile. " I'm just not ready to not hold her, sides I said Sam was next right?" He had almost said not big on people taking things from him without permission, which he didn't think his mom would approve of how that would sound... He does as he said and gets Sam to hold the kid, both Sam and Milferd had been staring at him nervously.

His mom suddenly smiled." See you like having a child, already being so protective." Naturally his mom interpreted his act of aggression as being a protective father, not as a vampire that was ticked off some human would try and take something his from him without permission. " I'm sure Larry has been taking good care of the baby... Though really." His mom was now looking at Larry." Get a different car if you going to be carrying my grand child, there's just to much chance you could get her hurt in that thing." True or not, the Pintos notoriety had tarnished the cars reputation and his mom wouldn't dare let a child in something or around something she didn't trust.

" There's nothing wrong with the car." This got Larry a frown, Larry wasn't earning brownie points from mom.

" We will try, but might be some time since it's just me working." Ohh boy, there's where Stars money went, Looked like star had two babies to take care of, one being Twenty One. Even if the guy was a stand up guy and cared for Star, being a wallet leech sort of countered that, a guy who wouldn't get off his ass to support his girl was worthless no matter how much he played at caring. So he takes back his brownie points, the guy is worthless.

Star was going to have to be careful, his mom when she divorced wasn't willing to fight their father and his lawyers over alimony and child support, but she'd have fought tooth and nail to keep her kids. Mom gets even the smallest notion Star wasn't being a good mother, she'd go for legal custody and while Star might be actually taking care the child, her dead beat boyfriend is going to make Star look like she's a negligent mother, after all star already left the baby in a death trap car and Larry is protesting the idea of getting a safer one, this would make his mom question their capability to raise a baby. One of the lectures his mom gave about not getting girls pregnant was that you have to forget your own wants and needs and put a baby first... This would totally suck if he was still human, he's not, so he's not stuck with being a responsible parent.

**** Next Night ****

:: So, this the car?:: David asked, one arm leaning on his shoulder as David looked over the ledge of the building they where on down at the ugly yellow Pinto in the parking lot.

:: Do those things really blow up as easy as you said?:: Paul was leaning over the edge grinning, Paul was eager to make the Pinto pop.

:: That's what I herd, something faulty with the gas tank, though might not be easy as that, but I'm sure we can give it a little push in the right direction and get that puppy to blow.:: He grinned. ::A little rear ending and all that.:: He took a drag off the joint he had, looking at the Pinto in question, David then snatched the joint from him to have a turn at it.

::So who's going to make this thigh go up?:: Mercedes asked intrigued at the idea of seeing the thing blow.

:: Shit, let me do it! David you get to do all the fun shit, time to let someone else!:: Paul looked about ready to explode himself as hyped up as Paul was to be the hand that inflames the car.

:: No argument from me.:: Davids' eyes trail the parking lot.:: I think we found our volunteer car for the job.:: David pointed at a sweet looking cherry red Corvette was in the lot. Not a cheap car.:: Two for the price of one.:: David smirked as his eyes went between the two cars.:: It's fun to piss off the rich ones, let them know they're not as above the rest of the pathetic mortals as they think they are.::

:: I still can't believe you spawned something with Star, you sure it's yours? Star not just trying to use you to bail her ass out?:: Dwayne was still having a hard time believing it.

:: Doesn't really matter, the baby made my mom happy, mom wants a kid and it makes her happy, then mom will get a kid, mom won't tolerate the idea her grand kid could be endanger or neglected so the parents can go party. Larry is giving her that idea by the way he talks, unless the worthless excuse of human shit grows up and gets a real job instead of whacking off and moaning with his basement buddies, mom will end up with the baby.:: He had very low opinion of someone that wouldn't work and lived off a woman.

:: We could just feed on him, he's not a local and I'm feeling a bit of the hunger." Markos' tongue flicked out slightly, reminding them all that they hadn't fed good in the last few nights. Fall and winter could be such a drag, it didn't really get cold, but there was less people coming threw the town, meaning less to pick off.

::Damit Marko!:: Paul groans. ::Now I'm feeling the need.::

:: Star would likely know and be a head ache if he disappeared.:: He looked down at the Pinto, great now he was feeling that need to hunt and satisfy the hunger that had been an annoying presence of late.

:: We will find a kill after the fun, now we just need to get this going, we don't know when either of the cars owners will show.:: David was ready to get things over with quickly so they could get a kill in as soon as possible.

:: I'm on it, woo, Look out below!:: Paul had jumped over the ledge.

The rest of us just watched from the building as Paul ran over and went to work on the Camero, smashing in the window and then getting in and had the thing hot wired and running in just a few minutes. Paul was revving the engine like crazy and started peeling out in reverse, out of it's parking slot, hooting, howling and yelling as he hung half out the window, skidding and burning threw the parking lot around the other cars, which got us howling, hooting and hollering back at him from our spot on the roof.

The Camero rounded the area, till it was in the same section as the pinto and stopped, backed up. Paul sat there revving the engine for a minute, with us yelling and calling out back and forth, then the Camero went forward burning across the lot straight for the Pinto, which he smashed right into the back, but at an angle, since Paul had to ram it sideways, there where other cars in the lot keeping him from having a straight shot, but it was enough, the impacted actually caused the Pinto to flip and roll over the car next to it, the Camero finally stopping as it smashed into the car the Pinto rolled over, sending that one side ways a bit, the Pinto had landed upside down somehow in front of the car it rolled over, not sure how that had happened, but it did. The Camero, well it was never going to be driven again, nothing was going to fix that mess.

Now we were worried, Paul had ceased his yelling and calling back at us and the crash was pretty nasty and we had felt a mental sting, indicating Paul had gotten more than a minor injury. We all leaned over the ledge tense and waiting to see if our pack mate was going to crawl out of the wreckage.

We then relaxed as Paul kicked off the door and crawled out, a little bloody from his own blood and shouted." I'm alive wooo! Wooo!" and started hooting at us and fist pumping in the air, which we all yelled back, all in all a good nights events, though Paul was going to be needing to feed more than the rest of us after his injuries.

:: I totally smashed that shit up! Man, that was so gnarly, I flipped that shit! Was worth getting smashed up! Damn totally smashed, like really, without the booze!:: Paul was practically screaming his excitement in our heads and laughing as he made it to the roof. The crash had caused a crowed to gather and look. :: It didn't blow though.:: Paul had a hint of disappointment in his voice.

:: If it would have blown, we'd be picking up pieces of Paul nuggets off of everything." Marko laughed.

:: Hey, don't be disappointed Paul, looks like it caught fire.:: David looked smug watching the now burning cars.

:: Shit yea! Burn baby burn!:: Paul was bobbing his head full of energy after his run.

:: See told you it would catch fire.:: He had to admit though, after that crash they likely wouldn't need a Pinto to have a bon fire.

:: Alright, I'm about to break down in hunger pain, lets go kill someone now?:: Marko was getting impatient.

:: Calm down Marko, we're all feeling it, we're heading back now.:: David then took off into the air. We had stalked the Pinto till we found it outside our territory and followed it, after all we didn't want to cause the kind of destruction and mayhem in our own area, don't want to make the locals restless, sides wasn't good to piss on the place you eat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wendys used to have a salad bar, which was taken out early 90s, it wasn't popular enough, that and the chances of it being spoiled where high.. Ummm curdled chocolatte pudding and Salmonella eggs.

Ford Pinto jokes also lasted till the mid 90s

Yes kids it only takes one time to end up preggers.