Sequel: The Darkness Inside
Status: Mike PoV (mainly) Slash Fic (Complete)

A Different Kind of Love

Murphys' Law

Anything that can go wrong will.

It's picking that tuna sandwich over ham and getting food poisoning.

Walking the dog out to pee, but you don't make it to the door before his bladder lets loose.

Winning the Lottery, just to have your wife throw away your ticket.

Or in this case being a very hungry half vampire trying to get it together
in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Also Murphys' law is funny. It unlike lightening can and will strike repeatedly in the same place if fate just happens to be in a humorous mood.

He'd parked under the pier, there was little noise, the boardwalk had already closed up for the night, the rides given their due rest waiting for the mourning. Correction there is some noise as it seemed a few punks where hanging out nearby, getting drunk. Speaking of drunk, he returns to the whiskey bottle he had purchased, the clerk didn't card him, but a lot of those shady little personal owned stores didn't card, though he debated on how good an idea this is as he didn't need a lecture from his mom when he walked onto the porch smelling of alcohol.

Sleeping under the pier suddenly seemed very appealing at the moment, No Crazed murdering vampires, no Little brothers in lewd positions on the floor... Oh no don't go there, the images will come back, bad enough he has to chase away the images of the carnage from earlier, the carnage Davids' gang wrought on the beach punks repulsed and what scared him more, it excited him.." Damn it, how'd I get myself into this mess?" He voices quietly to himself, but a little nagging voice in his head taunting him. A girl you idiot, chasing strange girls in the middle of the night, you where just asking for trouble.

He frowns. " I'm going insane, I'm having a conversation with myself in my own head." sighed." And now I'm talking to my self." Downs more of the bottle to chase the images away... Now he wasn't drunk, but not being much of a drinker before he now had a very good buzz going and his thoughts started drifting to random strange topics in his haze, no longer aware of his surroundings.

Ponders to himself." Grandpa's crazy, what if it is hereditary? Unless Sam's right and he is an alien" Shudders at the thought. " No he couldn't be... Could he?" Starts thinking of ways to prompt Sam to some how find out.." Oh what the hell am I thinking!" Well he's thinking now this night has him so messed up that he actually is entertaining the idea of seeing if his grandpa was an alien, after all vampires exist.

He looks down at the empty bottle, it was not helping his imagination, but at least he had that warm fuzzy feeling and light headed feeling that came with getting a good as hell buzz. His mind was so fuzzy that he didn't hear that group of punks that where near by come up on him, until a light suddenly blinded him and he had to hold his hand up over his face... Oh great, what more can go wrong tonight? He thought.

"Hey you're that punk that's been hanging out with that Albino freak and his gang!"

Ok it can get worse...He Figures the guy meant David and has this feeling David wouldn't have taken kindly to being called that, but he really wasn't wanting to be associated with those killers, so when all else fails, deny, deny, deny." Umm, Nope. Don't know who you're talking about." Unfortunately the punks, likely the surf Nazis' he herd about, seemed to have taken an unwanted interest in him anyway, that wasn't going to be very beneficial to his health.

" Well this is our beach." slick noise, something shiny reflects off the light of a flashlight one of the punks are holding." Time to mess you up, let those freaks know who owns this beach."

His eyes went wide, now he wasn't a push over by a long shot, hell he might been able to take the three ass holes on or at least done some damage before they took him down, but with knives coming into play, the odds on him not being severely injured where slim and as much as he hated it, he was going to have to break and run, to hell with pride. Unfortunately the three must have saw what was coming and lunged at him right as he managed to get up, catching his jacket with one hand to jerk him back and gut punching him with the other to floor him, which only succeeded in winding him slightly, surprisingly not sending him to the ground.

Now the punks undeterred by the limited reaction to the punch, circled him to block his escape, one behind trying and finding it rather difficult to pin him as he struggled... His only thoughts, need to get out of here. They're going to carve me up, I need to get away. Shit how bad could this night get. And as that thought ended, he felt white hot fire spring threw his abdomen, apparently the punk decided to jab him even though his friend or friends as it was taking both of them to hold him so he couldn't run and it wasn't a good job at that.

The sudden pain caused him to go still and grit his teeth, he never been stabbed before, but he never gotten himself mixed up with the wrong crowed before either, just his luck the Surf Nazi's liked staking out territory and had seen him with David. Well doesn't get much worse than this.

And it does get worse, hunger wasn't the only thing that could trigger the vampire in him, animalistic fight or flight response on top of the blood lust rearing its' ugly head did not help with his already taxed control and since he couldn't run, he suddenly snapped, least that's all he could describe it as, it was like his mind took a vacation, but he was aware of what he is doing and what he is doing would probably make a gore enthusiast cringe.

After killing or more like maiming one, he kept going, one dropped he grabbed the other and it happened so fast they had no time to run, well the last guy tried... He didn't get very far. He wasn't satisfied with killing one, he had to take all three of the boys out. At some point the fear had turned to rage on top the burning hunger, but he always been like that, if something scared him bad enough, it turned to anger quickly and he'd lash out without thought on the cause of doing it on the person or nearby object. This was worse, it was like the vampire inside him magnified his anger into blind rage. The hunger didn't help either.

Looking down at the mutilated bodies, he cringes, he'd gotten pretty ticked off fast. He always had an explosive temper, well when it came to someone messing with his life or bullying Sam. What bothered him most after all was done, he felt no remorse or anything akin to guilt, it was like any moral feelings he had before just poofed, so all he felt was nothing for it and this bothered him, he just killed three people and not even a twinge, sure they knifed him, but still, he should feel something about his actions, worse part was, he had actually enjoyed the carnage and when he drank, it had felt so good beyond anything he felt before, shit it was better than sex and it stopped that pain in his insides that felt like a hot poker twisting his gut making him want to do things, like hurt Sam or his mom. Looking at the mangled mess he made, for all the feeling he could drudge up, he couldn't think anything more than that they where just discarded left over's. Grimaced at the thought, he'd never have had such a careless thought to human life before.

Standing around not sure what to even do for the longest, he felt a twinge of something, some strange instinct that told him he didn't want to be out here when the sun arose and then some strange need or pull, it wasn't something he could describe, just a strange feeling that drew him in a direction, it only took a moment to realize the direction would be the direction of the cave and he had this uncomfortable feeling that they'd be waiting for him to show up, he didn't know why, but he just knew they'd be waiting for him... He glowers, he didn't like this, didn't like this at all. These strange alien feelings that have come to take over his body and mind... And least of all he didn't like the vague feeling that he just crossed some invisible barrier that made it so that he was irredeemably stuck this way, that before he had at least a slim chance of returning to normal.

Well he didn't have a choice now did he after what he just did, means he was going to have to ride his bike up to that damnable cave. " Well just can't get any worse than this."

And at that as if on que, the heavens open up and a rather heavy down pour drenches him head to toe...His arms fall to his side, noisily spatting against now soaked clothes and he sighs..." Least I won't need a bath..."