Sequel: The Darkness Inside
Status: Mike PoV (mainly) Slash Fic (Complete)

A Different Kind of Love

Bad Daddy

Mom had dragged Star off again and left him to watch the baby and Sam. The baby was making weird noises and there was snot bubbles popping out of her nose. " When people talk about how cute babies are and how great it is to be a parent, they neglect to mention that there is always liquid coming out of every hole in their body... Except the ears."

" I don't know, she could have drainage in her ears, check Mike, it's your hell spawn." Sam looked at the baby.

" Babies are gross... But kind of cute if you wipe the goo... Off them... What if she grows fangs? Like possible... She inherited some vampire genes." Milferd then puffs on his inhaler while watching the baby fascinated.

" Ha,ha.. No she's not going to have fangs, claws and craving raw meat, she's just a normal baby." He looks down at the kid." Smells like diaper change time." his hand lashes out catching Sam by the collar before Sam could get two feet." Oh, no, no, you're not going anywhere slick, you're helping."

" Gross, why do I have to help." Sam protested.

" Because I had to help mom change yours, time for you to be the diaper runner, pimple but." He grinned at Sam, Sam as a baby had sensitive skin and prone to diaper rash, which made Sams' but look pimply when it broke out.

" Not funny, suck-Face, but munch." Sam suddenly squeaked as he nearly squished the very ruachy smelling diaper into Sams chest. " Watch it! I don't want to wear it ape brain!" Sam then ran holding the diaper like a time bomb towards the trash.

" Oh shit." He suddenly face palms remembering why his mom drug Star to the store.

" What ?" Both Sam and Milferd asked together.

" I forgot, mom left to get diapers, we're out of diapers, guess she'll be fine necked." He picks the baby up and sets her on the floor.

" Eeew no Mike, I don't want to see my brothers spawn necked, bad enough to have seen you, Mr.. Doesn't know how to put on a robe or towel when walking out of the shower to his room! We don't need you teaching her that!" Sam was exaggerating.

" Well doofus, if you'd not just walked into my room right after I took a bath, you'd not have gotten an eye full, I did like sleeping necked sometimes, you knew that." Sometimes clothes just didn't feel good enough to sleep in, but like hell he'd sleep necked in the cave, next to David, that'd just be a bad idea.

" Well still, she's a girl! It's just not right, something could happen, a gremlin could crawl up her but!" Sam suddenly made a face thinking of what he'd just said.

" No gremlins are going to be crawling up my kids but, weirdo." He pulled his jacket off and threw it on Sams head, then pulled off his shirt, it was the grey long sleeved one he liked.

Sam had pulled the jacket from his face then looked at him funny as he pulled off his shirt." Great, I don't need you now doing a strip show, this isn't a nude beach central!"

" But gremlins really exist?... Sounds painful, maybe shouldn't leave the baby necked on the floor." Milferd probably took Sams' words seriously, because Sam seems to take his own words seriously.

" No they don't exist, Sam stop being a wierdy boy, I'm putting a diaper on her you little weirdo." He lifts the kid from the floor, she had managed to get in a crawling position and looked around, but wasn't yet able to actually crawl, sets her on the table on her back and starts to wrap his shirt, which was a bit to big around her.. body since it covered most of her.

Sam starts snickering." Trying to wrap her up like a mummy Mike?"

" No, but you wouldn't stop whining about her being necked... Hey got those pictures I took?" He sat the kid back on the floor to do whatever kids only a few months old do.

" Sure, what you planning to do? Put a voodoo hex on Larry?" Sam chuckled as he handed over the pictures.

" No, even though mom told Larry to get out, he still visits star, sooo." He holds the picture in front of the baby, mom had ran Larry off when Larry let the words I'm going to kill that ass hole next time I see him had escaped Larrys' mouth... No one would question the mans stupidity at mouthing that off about him in his family home right as his mom walked in from work. He wasn't here when it happened, but Sam was all to happy to talk about it.

" Can you say douchebag? Come on, say; Larry's a douchebag... Dingleberry works too." The baby just gurgles and makes unintelligible sounds. " I think she's trying to say it?" He couldn't tell.

Sam and Milferd where laughing," Bro, mom will kill you, she'll stake you right on the drive way you teach her that." Sam continues to laugh.

**** Few Nights latter ****

Mom was talking to the baby, Star had passed out on the bed, he and Sam where standing over the crib on the other side listening to their mom coo and make noises at the kid. His mom had been actively giving the baby attention every chance she got.

" Can you say grandma? Say it, say Grand-Ma." his mom started cooing at the baby.

"Ash hol." The baby gurgled out.

Sams eyes went wide and then Sam took off.

" Saaammmm!" His mom yelled, his mom never yells, till now.

He had ended up on the floor from laughter, wondering if vampires could die from laughing as his mom stepped around him in her pursuit of his foul loud mouth broth.

" You get your behind back here Samuel Emerson, you are grounded!" His moms voice trails off as she chases after Sam out of the house shouting his doom.

He stands up and looks at Star who was shocked awake by his mom screaming. Star looked frozen in fear on the bed, staring at him, her mind hadn't woken enough to have understood what happened and instead the first thought was people getting killed in Stars mind.

He reaches down and lifts up the baby." Stop staring at me like that, I didn't do anything, Sam did." He smirked at Star then handed her the baby. Star took her, but held a very confused look on her face. " Ask Sam... Oh almost forgot." He picked up the grocery bag he had and pulled a football out of it and handed it to the baby, who didn't hold it very long.

" A football? Michael, she's a girl not a boy, what is she going to do with a football?" Star cast her eyes to the floor after asking the question and she was tense.

" I'm not David, I'm not going to attack you for questioning me." He sighed and rolled his eyes, then picked the ball up." Try to relax and well she might like sports, maybe." He wasn't going to say anything about the submissive behavior, he just didn't like the idea Star tensed as if ready for a blow to land. Now the awkward silence. He put the ball into the crib, then reached for the baby, Star let him take her, maybe reluctantly, but he kinda didn't give a shit what Star was feeling or thinking, sides he was only setting her in the crib.

He pulls out the head phones and Walkman, checks the cassette, it was journey, he snaps it close and then puts the head phones over the babes' head and then pushes play. Star looked almost horrified at what he was doing." What? It's good music for her to listen to, Just Journey, nothing wrong with them and I made sure it wasn't loud." He suddenly turns his head hearing two Pairs of feet.

"Owe, owe, owe." Sam said passing the door, mom dragging him by the ear.

" No comics and desert either ." His mom said finishing off what was likely a long lecture, mom had been flushed from chasing down Sam. He then herd Sams' door open and close, before his mom came in. " What on earth are you doing to the baby!? " Apparently mom objected to good music, or was just the fact he put head phones on her and laid a Walkman in the crib.

The baby seemed to giggle, she liked the music and also liked trying to eat the Walkman." Nothing it's just some music, she likes it see?" He pointed at the giggling baby. " Oh crap!" he had to pull the tape from the babes mouth, she had banged the Walkman against the crib bars, causing the Walkman to pop open and then grabbed the cassette and shoved it right in her mouth. " Eeewww great, now I have to get a new one."

" Don't be giving the baby things that are not baby toys and is that a football?" Mom stared at the ball like it was the most monstrous thing she laid eyes on, funny considering." Michael she's a she, she isn't old enough and that is not baby safe." She pulled the foot ball out of the crib. " Find some toys that are for babies to bring her, nothing with small parts. "

**** Night of Larry ****

Death stare, no surprise there, probably still smarting over his smashed pinto. Larry was there for Dinner, Milferd had gone into a whole debate about werewolves and vampires with Sam and something to do with vampires are like big cats and some weird shit. Vampires where like cats, but seems they were like wolves as well and then there's the roosting together like bats. It was like when whatever created a vampire, they just grabbed up every predatory animal and threw it in a mixing pot, drop in some evil demonic force and throw in a human and poof instant vampire.

" Werewolves change is painful, that it drives the... One cursed into madness during the process... Making them killers... When they revert back, they can't remember anything... Slowly as time passes... They become aware of the change and even have memories left... From the madden wolf... Of what they did, which makes them slowly... Go insane overtime even when not taken on the change." Milferd then puffs on his inhaler, before continuing. " Vampires are fully aware... But mentally altered to have a mind... Like an animal, an animal... With human reasoning, personality and mental functions... With a demonic influence... That makes them harmed by... Blessed objects... And they have a taste for biker wear and dangling earrings in left ear." Milferd then grinned at him, thinking his joke funny.

" ha,ha" He looked at Larry who had stopped staring him down and was now looking at Milferd like the kid was on acid. While Larry wasn't paying attention he slipped out the picture of the man and quickly waved it in front of the baby.

" Larre ish doshag" The baby suddenly mumbled out as he quicker than lightening had the picture back in his Jacket.

Everyone suddenly looked at the baby, Sam and Milferd started laughing, Milferd puffing away on the inhaler. He snickered a little, Star looked shocked, Larry looked pissed, mom was looking at him with a stern look. He wasn't able to teach her to say it to Larry, but managed to get her to try and say it on sight of his picture. It also helped that he snuck the kid some pixie stick powder as a treat for encouragement.

This little stunt got him grounded from talking to the baby alone for a month.