Sequel: The Darkness Inside
Status: Mike PoV (mainly) Slash Fic (Complete)

A Different Kind of Love

Supermarket Run

They had gone to the supermarket, the one they been to looking for that sex book, the one his mom worked at. " Heh, this should work." he picked up a teddy bear." It's bigger than the one she already has..." He puts it back down.

" Get her a switch blade to play with." Davids' head suddenly jerked forward slightly, the cocky smirk wiped off his face.

He was holding the large teddy bear in one hand, ready to knock David in the head with it again. David looked like he wanted to tear into him right in the isle, he grinned, he'll probably pay for it latter, but it was worth it for the look on Davids face after getting assaulted by a toy. He tossed it back in the bin it was in. " Ok, need to find baby toys... Some cool baby toys."

Marko and Paul where snickering behind them, David shot them a glare, which didn't really quiet the snicker.

" Michael has a death wish, Michael wants to die..." Mercedes was chanting this at him, though exaggerated, David was at most annoyed, but being Davids mate meant latter David would use this as an excuse to show him who was the dominate one in their screwed up relationship, not that David really need a reason. He thinks David secretly likes it when he had these little small acts of rebellion.

" Hey this for kids?" Paul held up a package of some Weeble Wobbles.

" She'll choke on those, She's like a goat and sticks everything including her own but juice in her mouth." He commented dryly, knowing what kind of image that gave them.

" You really have to tell us that?" Dwayne gave him a dirty look and grabbed up some weird block things for babies, not the ABC stuff, but plastic blocks that where like Legos, but looked very weird.

" Hey those look like they'll work." He snatched the box from Dwayne." Yes, she doesn't have this stuff, and it looks like it's for babes." He glanced down the isle.

" Ok baby mission finished, time to get some shit to blow up." Paul was glancing over the toys looking for a likely victim.

" Hey, RCs, can get some and then set them on fire and run them under the boardwalk at the druggies." He started walking around looking for the radio controlled cars, which you have to shit gold to afford one.

" RC?" David questioned.

" Remote control cars, they can move without a cord, you use a remote, like a T.V. remote to drive them around." he responded and stop dead, almost running smack into a familiar face.

" Sounds cool." Marko almost ran into him, then looked to see what had stopped him, from the corner of his eye he could see that sly smile stretch across Markos' face and then Markos' hand went up to his mouth spotting the one in front of them.

" Oh look who it is David, Lady Luck must have took a dump on him." Mercedes sneered at Frank.

David suddenly leaned forward from behind him, laying an arm over his shoulder as if leaning on it in a pal like gesture." Hiya Franklin, fancy meeting you here." Davids' low laugh was bone chilling.

" Wha, what you want, haven't you done enough? Leave me alone, I said sorry!" Frank looked ready to piss and run.

" What we want? Marko?" David asked a hint of amusement in Davids voice.

" Ohhh, not sure, Paul what we want?" Marko asked, not turning back to see if Paul herd.

" Wait, I don't know, who's asking?" Paul snickered.

" Franklin is... I think our little friend Franklin is getting tired of playing with us." David locked eyes with Franklin." Are you scared Franklin? I think you're scared. He looks scared to you Michael?"

" Nah, he's not scared, he's petrified, I don't think he wants to play with us any more either." He cocked a grin/smirk at Frank who realized that there was no hope of getting them to leave him alone. Frank should have backed off that night, Franks' debt for his disregard of them and the threat will never be paid.

" Just leave me alone, I'll do anything, money, you want money? Dope, anything, I'll, I'll get it for you." Frank was trying to make deals with the devil, but Frank had nothing to offer.

" Awww Franky, but we been having so much fun, you don't like us any more?" Marko mocked.

" You think money and drugs will buy us off?" Dwayne let out a laugh at the lunacy of such an idea.

" I think we should leave him alone David, shouldn't we?" Mercedes said sweetly, Frank looked at her almost in some kind of relief that one of them might be asking for mercy on Franks' behalf, Frank wouldn't know they weren't capable of mercy and that Mercedes was merely keeping up their little game with Frank.

" Maybe we should." David said dark amusement etched over his face." Lets leave him with the killer toys shall we? Franklin, the toys are after you."

" Hu what?" Franklin looked a bit confused at that strange remark, but he'd already made the mistake of making eye contact with David.

" The toys Franklin, the toys want to kill you, how you like that?" Davids' smirk was back on his face, accompanied by a look that was very dark and sinister, David then stepped back pulling on his shoulder for him to follow.

Frank suddenly started shouting and freaking out, swiping at the air and even clawing himself bad enough to draw blood, as he screamed get them off, get them off and for help, the hypnotic suggestion would only last a couple minutes before Frank realizes he was hallucinating.

They walked out of the toy area heading for the electronics, Frank had caused them to forget about grabbing one of the RCs, but terrorizing Frank was much funner.

They glanced over the movies and the games for a bit, Paul and Dwayne decided to see who could flirt with the sales clerk the best while everyone else looked around. " Hey cool." He picked up a magazine that advertised the newest crap coming out. " Crap, crap, more crap, hey Game boy?" he started reading the article." Sounds interesting, hand held video game to mess with on boring nights." He passed the magazine over his shoulder to Marko, who was the only one curious enough to see what he was talking about.

" Things keep getting more complicated each year, ten years from now I bet they'll have holographic porn. Fuck your favorite porn star, Paul would be all over that." Marko cackled, a few late night customers gave disapproving looks.

" I don't know about holograms." He snickered." We could end up with realistic pleasure bots." He started laughing." Robot hookers getting arrested for soliciting sex." He makes his best robot impression. " I'm a pleasure bot, here to pleasure you, now pay me $200 or I will bend you into a pretzel."

" Michael stop toking Pauls' wacky weed, it's doing strange things to you." David joked walking up to take the magazine from Marko, who was snickering, then put it back on it's rack.

He shrugged and wondered over to look at the video tapes. Horror, comedy, action, was the main thing that interested him, sides they didn't sale porn. He picks up a tape, flips it to read the overview on the back, then sets it down. " Nothing much interesting out." He picks up an action movie." Back to the Future was pretty cool." He sets it back down on the shelf. " Hey, maybe I'll get this one." He grabs up a video, a bull in a directors chair wearing sunglasses smoking a cigar graced the cover, title was S.O.B." And force Sam to have to watch it."

Thirty minutes latter David had called for them to head out, they'd split up through the store looking at whatever interested them. He had found a few cassette tapes for the Walkman and paid for them along with the weird baby connecting block thing and the movies.

**** Weekend ****

" Oh my god! Julie Andrews just showed her tits! Sam gaped in horror. "She has tits, oh god that would be like mom showing off her tits! " Sam was a little freaked out.

" I... Don't think... I'll ever... Be able to look... At the Sound of Music... The same way ever again." Milferd puffed his inhaler, also in shock.

" Who would thought Julie Andrews had nice breasts hidden under those clothes, wow." He was a bit stunned.

"Eeewww Mike, you know you have just ruined my childhood? My childhood Mike! I will never have it back!" Sam complained. " And gross Mike, she's kinda like mom!"

" Eeewww shut up dweeb, she's not mom, I do not want to see moms breasts, you little weasel." He puts his hand right in Sams face and pushes Sam over. " You have a nasty mind."

" You're the one with the sex tape!" Sam counters.

" It's not sex, they haven't done it you doofus." He shook his head at Sam and finished watching the movie, by some miracle their conversation hadn't woke the baby, mom was asleep also, thankfully cause last thing he would want is her walking in on that conversation. Milferd had stayed up late with Sam, mainly cause Milferd had had a nap earlier and couldn't sleep.

Grandpa suddenly walks past, the old man was more silent than a ghost. Grandpa stopped and looked at them, then the T.V., then at Sam." You been borrowing my T.V. guide again without asking and not putting it back?

"No grandpa." Sam just shook his head a blank look on Sams' face.

" Good, make sure it stays where I keep it, don't ruffle and bend the pages." Grandpa then heads on into the kitchen to grab his snacks. He, Sam and Milferd just crane their necks to look over at the kitchen till grandpa came out and started heading upstairs, they followed Grandpas motions, Grandpa stopped again then looked at him." You know the rule about putting dirty boots on the coffee table?" He had started wearing biker boots a couple months ago, calf high kind that had straps going up the sides, his shoes had started coming apart, salty air and water wore them out pretty well and David naturally coaxed him into getting the biker boots, the leather would last and not wear out.

He blinked then suddenly dropped his feet off the coffee table, making them thump the hard wood floor." Uh, no grandpa." He just looked at his grandpa with a bit of puzzled uncertainty and maybe a little surprise, grandpa had walked down right about the part he clicked play again on the scene with Julie Andrews flashing her tits and seemed to not even care or pay attention to it.

" Well now you do." Grandpa takes a swallow of his coke, watching them from the base of the stairs for a creepy few minutes before turning around and heading upstairs. He had no idea what to think of his grandpa, the old man knew about and seemed to hate vampires, but just treated him the same as when they first moved in... Grandpa was just to freaky for words and it kind of gave him the creeps.

He remembered visiting for the summer as a kid, when grandma was alive. Grandpa was still weird back then, but more out going, after grandmas death, grandpa sort of turned reclusive. He supposed grandma was what had kept Grandpa active and social with other people. As it was, grandpa hated company, day or night and avoided socializing with anyone, except on the weirdest occasions. Though he guessed grandpa didn't hate him and Sam and coarse mom... Still grandpa was wako to the nth degree.

" That... Was weird... On the weirdness scale of one to ten, he scores, twenty." Milferd puffs looking towards the stairs Grandpa had ascended.

" See he's an alien, probably one that crashed in Roswell, bet mom's adopted." Sam said this with all seriousness, Sam probably also is truly convinced grandpa's an alien." Hey Mike something's stuck on your shoe." Sam started laughing and pointed.

" What." He pulled his foot up to look on the bottom, there was a piece of paper stuck to it, his nose wrinkled, cause he also got hit with a nasty smell." Damit Sam, don't you clean up after Nanook!?" He got up and hobbled to the kitchen so he wouldn't be leaving little brown spots on the floor. Speaking of Nanook, the dog was behind the couch looking way too happy. Nanook has stopped barking at him like mad a while back when Sam invited him in, maybe dogs can sense when a vampire's welcome?

" Eeeww Mike you going to wash that off in the kitchen sink!? That's nasty!" Sam yelled at him.

" You not picking up Nanooks' watery ass droppings is nasty! And I'm using your tooth brush to clean it off!" He yelled back, which got Sam up and into the kitchen, causing him to laugh." You dork, I haven't been upstairs to even get your toothbrush." He let out another laugh, then slapped the rag into Sams' face that he used to clean the bottom of his boot off.

Sam freaked and tossed the rag around and into the sink." Gross, Mike you're totally an ass maggot."

" Your dog." He wanted to say boyfriend, but not with Milferd there, he'll tease Sam when Sam's alone, instead he just shoves his hand in Sams' face as he walks past, back into the living room.