Sequel: The Darkness Inside
Status: Mike PoV (mainly) Slash Fic (Complete)

A Different Kind of Love

Impromptu Babysitting

Mom was dragging Star and Sam along with Milferd with her to see a movie, well Star and Sam was all for the movie, meaning it was going to be some dramatic comedy gag fest of crying teen girls over how beautiful it is or how sad, or both between a couple of jokes thrown in.

Mom tried to drag him along and leave Grandpa with the baby, mom had grabbed his arm and tried to lead him out, however his free arm shot out for him to grip the door frame soon as they got near the front door.

" Un uh, I'm not going to see no girly cry movie, no way, un uh." He would shift if he had to, to bury his claws in that door frame just to prevent Sam who now was laughing and trying to pull him with them and his mom from dragging him to see some chick flick he'd want to gouge his eyes and ears out than to watch it. Only time he did that is if it was a girl he could bang in the car afterwards for being a "sensitive" man and sitting there threw the movie.. Yea those where tears, tears of pain and misery at sitting threw a boring movie.

" Don't be such a big baby Michael, come on, you'll like it, it's got some action." His mom was trying to convince him, he wasn't buying it, he was going to end up stuck between her, Sam, Star and Milferd watching some horrid chick flick and made to hold the pop corn and drinks and probably end up with Cola in his lap because Sam has butter fingers.

" Yea Mike, you're a bigger Baby than the baby!" Sam laughed out, Star and Milferd was already in the car watching them trying to drag him along to no avail.

Finally they relented. " Fine, you stay, we will go and have some fun." Mom says to him, taking Sam away with her. Yay for small victories, he grinned pleased with himself.

He watched them drive off then pulled out his keys, he might as well head off since there was no point in staying, before he got down the first step he herd his grandpa behind him.

" And where you going Michael?" grandpa inquired. He looked back, grandpa had some poor animal he stuffed under his arm, looked like a bunny.

" Um nowhere?" He wasn't sure how to answer, his grandpa even taking interest in what he was doing was strange enough.

" Good to hear, now you need to get back inside and watch your baby." A smug closed eyed smile plastered on his grandpas face, he could only stare dumbfounded.

" Hu? Wait aren't you watching her?" Now he was confused, his mom just said grandpa was watching the baby while they headed to the movies.

" That was before you decided to stay. I'm going over to the Widow Johnson." Grandpa then holds the dead stiff bunny in his face." She likes my handy work and rabbits, so I've combined the two." Grandpa then pats him on the shoulder and heads for his jeep, hops in, then blares La Cucaracha, before taking off. Leaving him staring in astonishment.

" What the hell, I think I've just been suckered by my own grandpa." He blinks a few times and shakes his head, then turns and walks in, hey not like he had to wait that long for everyone to come back?

" Ok kid, we're going to watch some good stuff, not any of that bleeding heart waaaa why it's so sad chick stuff." he looked at her." Just because you're a girl doesn't mean you have to watch the chick flicks." The baby just stares at him from it's sitting up position on the floor, likely not understanding a single word he said, oh well, she was the only company he had.

" Hey I'm alone, with a baby, no one here to bother me, like at all, just a good quite baby, cool." At the cave he was usually assaulted by David, when they all weren't hanging out and generally doing things of questionable morality, at grandpas, he was visiting Sam, Sam who always had his creepy friend Milferd in tote, wanting to study him like a lab rat. This was the first time he has actually had a moments peace, no voices in his heads, no talking, just him, munchies, VCR and a baby.

So now he decides to strip down to his boxers, shoves Lethal Weapon into the VCR, pushes pause and then raids the fridge for Doritos and a pitcher of Tang. Comes back, bag, jug and all and flops on the couch." OK rug rat time for good movies and chips." he drapes a throw over his waist then picks the baby up and sets her in his lap, then pushes play, then fast forward threw the previews, then stops and play again... Hitting play before stopping a rewind of fast forward chanced the tape getting hung or ate by the machine, least what he herd.

Sitting there munching the chips and sharing the chips with the kid, also he'd let her drink out of the juice pitcher, though that wasn't easy since he had to be careful holding the jug so it didn't spill all over her, then he'd take a small sip, not a preferred source or all that great tasting, but the Tang taste was nice and the chips where OK, but he had had a thought, after all his kid, wouldn't do for her to freak out if latter on she saw him shift and hadn't been made used to such, so he shifted to the vampire state, which got the baby to stare at him for a few moments, before she started slapping on him again, unphased by the change the baby was cool about it, but maybe she wasn't afraid of the monster that had nummy goodies in his hands.

At some point he ended up laying full body on his back across the couch, one hand half shoved in his boxers, the other popping a chip in his mouth every so often, the baby had no interest in the movie, but managed to some how squirm to his feet, though one was hanging off the couch, the other was on the couch, knee bent upward, she had found messing with his toes to be the most interesting thing.

The baby was grabbing his big toe, or more like clawed toe, he had shifted, so his toes were long and clawed, but the claws weren't sharp, they where made for grappling, not tearing and cutting after all and the baby was grabbing and pulling on them causing him to chuckle, he was slightly ticklish. " Eewww, I'm not edible, here." He hands the baby a Dorito to shove in her mouth instead of his toes. " Yuck, baby slobber all over my foot." He rubs it off on the couch, then turns his attention back to the movie. With all the bomb blast and noise, you'd think a baby would be at the least looking, nope, she was still to interested in trying to pull his toes off, least she wasn't trying to eat them now.

He had ended up on his belly, feet hanging off the couch arm, when he herd the car pull up, he returned to his human looking self. His mom didn't know grandpa had pulled a pass the buck and ditched him with the kid, but least it wasn't a wasted night, he got to see a couple movies he had missed out on. He had pushed pause on the movie, Beverly Hills Cop2 had taken the place of Lethal weapon. He had been trapped three hours and really he wasn't getting up till the movie finished.

Mom came in, announcing their return from the movies, though ended up shocked seeing him laid out in front of the T.V. with the baby bouncing on his neck and jerking his hair, giggling like trying to rip out every curl from his head was the most funnest thing in the world. He was still grounded from being alone with the baby, but mom couldn't say much when he got suckered by grandpa into watching the kid. Though he got chided about the mess all over him, the floor and the couch, Doritos ended up everywhere and Tang puddles dotted the floor.