Sequel: The Darkness Inside
Status: Mike PoV (mainly) Slash Fic (Complete)

A Different Kind of Love

Something Unexpected

This time he and Sam where dragged to pick up baby supplies, star was sick and sleeping off the flu. He was stuck carrying the baby, who was more than happy to yank and jerk on his hair and shove food in it. Sam wasn't helping, he had given her some baby snacks, which the baby didn't want, which the baby decided to pound into his hair.

" Ha,ha your hair looks like she puked in it." Sam was being a nuisance.

Mom had put something in the cart she was pushing and then went on down the isle, Sam was busy trying to get mom to buy him a bag of candy, like hyper nut ball Sam needed sugar.

They went down the cereal isle, Sam had grabbed a box and put it in the cart, then went for another. Suddenly Sam screamed a blood curdling scream like he was getting stabbed and landed on his ass on the floor, causing people to look around at them.

" Sam what on earth has gotten into you?" His mom looked at him worried, Sam had calmed down and started shaking his head.

" Nothing, just some Jerk wad stuck that thing there!" Sam pointed at the shelf, Sam had pulled a box of Trix from.

His mom gasped." What, who would put a thing like that there." Now he was wondering what was in the shelf behind the boxes.

" Damit David." He turned the baby over to his mom and pulled the gory looking patch worked bear from the shelf, oddly he could sent fresh blood on it. A switch blade covered in blood fell to the floor." Oh great, got a bag? Hey I didn't do it, this is Davids, though kind of strange.." David wouldn't have left a little prank like this and not be around to see the reaction when it was found, he couldn't sense David or any of the guys or Mercedes being remotely close to the store.

" Strange? Yea right bro, you need tell Satan he's not funny!" Sam practically yelled, the bear had seriously freaked Sam out and it still was freaking Sam out. His mom looked a bit disturbed by it to, likely aware that the blood dried on the thing wasn't fake or animal, but she had Sam fetch a bag.

" Here, drop that thing in the bag and burn it." Sam held the bag open, he rolled his eyes.

" It's just a teddy, I know, I kinda helped in making it, teddy bears, even ugly ones can't hurt people..." He glanced at his mom who gave him a look when he said he helped make it.

" Was for David, David is a bit demented and likes the thing." he shoves the Teddy in the bag along with the knife." Only thing is, David's not around, not sure how it got here."

" Maybe he ran off so you wouldn't see him." Sam had calmed down, but seemed fixated on it being David leaving the thing.

He shook his head." David isn't like that, if he's trying to prank or do something to mess with your head, he's going to be near to watch or at least hear the out come, he wouldn't leave it. Not sure how it got in this store like this and the others wouldn't do it either and then just leave it." sighs and tosses the bear in a bag underneath the cart.

"That thing's creepy, It couldn't have walked here on its own though, could it..." Sam was eying the bear.

" No it couldn't, it's a messed up teddy bear, that is all." He shrugged and took the baby back from his mom, his mom began pushing the cart ready to finish shopping, already putting the disgusting bear out of her mind.

**** The cave ****

The baby had fell asleep on him and prying her off wasn't an easy task, but he managed before leaving back to place he now called home, or more like a nest, or roost, or den whatever, home was a term that conjured up white fences and a warm house. Their den where they roost like bats didn't quite qualify as a typical American home..

" Hey, what's in the bag!" Paul called out.

" A teddy bear, to show how much I loooovvvveee you." He laughed at Paul.

" Hey this the thing we made to mess with that Frank kid, why you carrying it in a bag?" Paul looked at the bear, then at him a bit confused.

" I don't know, cause I'd like to know why it was in a shelf at the supermarket, as funny as watching my brother have a heart attack was, it's damned weird, cause if you guys put it there, I didn't sense any of you." He had gotten the attention of everyone now.

" I didn't do it if that's what you're thinking." David took the bear from Paul and looked at it, cigarette in mouth." Now here's our little problem, none of us are stalking your mortal pets, and certainly wouldn't do it to just ditch it, without enjoying a show." David was smirking, but he actually saw a bit of confusion on Davids' face. " Means someone had gotten the bear and put it there, this is a problem, cause I can't even scent the intruder." David glances around, we all shake our head, no one can pick up the smell of anyone that didn't belong. " Well maybe our unexpected guest might show them selves eventually, for now seems they like to ride the back of our fun." David sets the Teddy down on the fountain.

The thing was damned creepy, he shakes his head, why was a teddy, a teddy he helped to make of all things giving him the creeps, but something about that bear had hebbie jebbies written all over it. It didn't scare him, coarse not, he's not sure if he could really still feel fear anymore, it just gave him the creeps a little bit.

Suddenly he had the bear right in his face, its mouth against his, he pushed it away. " Very funny Marko."

" Come on, kiss me Mikey, kiss me show me you love me." Marko waved the bear in his face, he could have sworn the bear sneered at him, damn he must have drank some bad blood.

He placed his hand over the bears head and pushed it down." ha, ha." He then pulls the bear from Markos hand, Marko hadn't been expecting him to take it. Then starts humping the thing against Markos' side." Oh, yea, yea give it to me baby." He exaggerated." scream my name, scream my name bitch!" Marko pushed him away, he was laughing now, no longer feeling the creeps from the bear. " Ok, look Teddy left a love stain!" He pointed to a bloody smear on Markos' shirt

" You're as bad as Paul sometimes.. Hey that's strange though, the blood should been dried, not smearing off like this. You get it wet? Cause that will be gross, it'll start stinking like rotted fur burger." Marko snickered and then hid his mouth behind his hand as Mercedes shot him a glare.

He sniffed the teddy again." No, but I thought it smelled a little fresh in the store, maybe whomever decided to take it or whatever took it from the our den got blood on it." Could another vampire be able to mask their smell, or have a power to remove it, just to mess with us? We haven't seen anything of that group that's been hovering near our territory borders."

" I don't think so, but it might be possible, the one that would have done it would have to been very cleaver, but still strange they took that teddy bear." David came and got the bear from us and shoved the thing under his arm." Just let us catch who it is, we can deal with them then when it comes to it." David gave him an amused look." Michael." David threw the bear at him, he caught the thing. " Don't be letting a toy give you the creeps, it's a little embarrassing." David then chuckled at him, he flipped David off.

" Funny, I'm fine." He sits on the fountain and gives the freaky teddy a contemplative look, it was creepy, but he could make it less creepy. He pulls the Walkman from his jacket and sets the headphones over its head." Now what would creepy evil teddies listen to." he opened the Walkman." Nah, don't think Journey works." He does a double take, maybe grandpas insanity really was inheritable, because he thought he just saw the thing frown at him. " uh, yea." He clears his throat." I like them." he sets the cassette down and pulls up a tape case that was sitting in the fountain, opens it and digs threw." Ozzy I bet." He pops the tape into the Walkman and hits play.

" Dude you wont let me use it, but you let a dumb toy? You're such a douche." Paul started laughing.

" Shut up, you got a stereo, sides, looks like a good accessory on the thing." He then digs around in his pockets and pulls out his keys, grinning having an idea. He picks the bear up and shifts to his vampiric form just long enough to use his claw to poke a hole in the things left ear before shifting back to looking human, then he pulls a key chain off the keys, he had a couple, one was a marijuana leaf David had given him from a kill, he attached it, hooking it threw the small hole in the teddies ear that he made. " Ok, now you look cool, just need a leather jacket." He laughed and set the teddy down, placing the head phones back on its head.

" You're giving my gifts away?" David was leering at him, though he sensed Davids amusement.

" Jealous of Teddy? Yea, I'm Teddys' mate now. All your gifts are Teddys gifts." He kisses the bear and makes a show of tongue on stuff toys mouth action. " We're deeply in love. We're going to elope and you'll never, ever see us again." He was trying not to fall over from laughter by the time he finished saying that. He dropped the bear back down onto the fountains edge.

He finally opened his eyes, he was laughing so much, only to suddenly cut it off. David was standing right over him." Oh fuc.."

" Oh fuck is right Michael." David grins darkly at him then shifted to the vampiric form, suddenly David had his claws dug deep into his shoulder under the jacket and jerked him to his feet to drag him off from the audience. He really had to jeer David about the mate thing and make out with the stuffed toy in front of David, not to mention the whole humping Marko with it joke earlier, real smart.

" Better you than me bro." Paul laughed and then gave out a wolf whistle.

Marko was just grinning at him and waving bye bye.

Dwayne and Mercedes where on the couch and both where looking smug watching him get dragged off to endure Davids brand of loving domination.