Sequel: The Darkness Inside
Status: Mike PoV (mainly) Slash Fic (Complete)

A Different Kind of Love

Chillin'

They all woke at the same time pretty much soon as the sun dipped far enough below the horizon that its rays did no harm. It was also pretty much impossible to stay awake once the sun reached a painfully burn you to a crisp height, unless of coarse you're attacked during sleep.

" Owe, shit." He woke feeling a sharp pinch in his foot. He looked up towards the pole." Damnit David!" He shoves David whos' foot had at some point over lapped his and buried its claws into him." Get your fat claws out of my foot." He shoves again, causing David to hiss at him in irritation, but victory, David had pulled his claws off his foot, he rubs the soreness from it...

" Hey what's up with that?" Marko sounded confused, Marko was looking towards the floor.

He bent his head to look at the bottom of the cave." What the hell? OK that isn't funny." He looked at David who was looking down in confusion.

" Someone got some real balls and a death wish." Paul didn't have a laugh in his voice, which was rare, Paul was rarely serious, but considering what was below them.

David dropped down first and sniffed the air a moment then growled and picked up the mutilated teddy bear from the center of the floor and took a sniff of it. " This little joke is no longer amusing."

They all had came down, this was getting annoying. Something had been coming into their den and moving the bear around for the past week. Paul had came in with the thing one time, it had been laying on the beach, just laying there as if someone dropped it in the sand.

The strange part was that when the teddy was found outside, it would have a switch blade next to it. If inside it was sat somewhere, usually sitting up position as if was just hanging out. One time he found the bear sitting with the headphones on, tape playing, when he listened on what was playing on the tape, he found it was being played backwards.

At first it seemed funny, even if they didn't like trespassers and wanted to rip who ever was messing with the bear apart, it still became a bit of a joke. This joke was getting old fast. David was the one that played the mind games with his victims, no one played them on David.

" You know if you would have ditched it when I said to, we wouldn't have this problem." He couldn't help, but snicker. Suddenly he gets slapped with the mutilated bear.

" Shut up Michael." David then throws the thing at him.

After they flew from their roosting area, he drops the teddy back on the fountains edge. They flew out the top of the roost, sure the opening ran down to ground level, but you'd have to crawl on hands and knees and risk getting snagged on boards and getting stuck in a small opening wasn't his idea of fun.

" Still no scent of anyone coming in to move the bear." He stated, he couldn't smell any sign that anyone had been in there and this was starting to make them all edgy.

" We'll catch the prankster soon enough." David was determined to find out and likely horribly torture the one playing games on them.

**** latter ****

" I'd be up for strip poker if we had enough girls." He casts his eyes towards Mercedes. " That don't look like you David, no offense Mercedes." Mercedes flips him off.

" Note to self, hire hookers." David side glances at him with a blank expression on his face. David held a poker face even while cracking a joke, but they where also playing poker.

"Shit, hookers! Yea fun and a meal all in one!" Paul didn't have a good poker face.

" But STD free is the way to be Paul!" Marko had a good poker face.

" Hand Paul a condom and then tell him game on, he'll be fine.. Just the part where he drinks the blood and gets ass rot of the mouth might be a problem." Dwayne said dryly, also poker face.

" I'm surprised it hasn't rotted off from sluts disease." Mercedes was grinning and picks up a card.

" Shut. Up... " Paul then glances at David." I know you're hiding a card in that damn coat of yours."

" Calling me a cheat?" David, still poker faced and looking at his cards.

" Yes!" We all respond in unison.

David glances up from his cards self satisfied smirk and a dark expression." Then your own fault for loosing since you already know." David lets out a low laugh, then puts down a fucking straight flush." Guess I win." He says as they groan and throw down their cards.

" There bear's gone." Dwayne suddenly says, confusion in his voice.

" What do you mean the bear is gone?" David got up from the make shift table we had thrown together and went to look around the couch where we had dropped the thing." It really fucking isn't here. It couldn't have damned well walked out, and no one could have snuck past us, where the hell did it go." David was not happy and it showed, David had shifted to the vampire form, searching around the cave trying to find where the bear went and sniff out anyone that could have, impossibly, with us awake slipped past. The idea that anyone could sneak pass David and grab the bear without any of them noticing was enough to nearly enraged the vampire.

" Nothing, we herd nothing, nor any scent, why couldn't we smell or hear anything David?" Marko asked, unnerved, it had them all unnerved and a little bit pissed off.

" I don't know. There's no possible way something could have passed us all without sound or even their scent and to grab that bear." David growled out.

" What if ... The bear walked out." Dwayne had said this in a way that wasn't a question. " What if it's been moving on it's own? That some how it came alive."

" That can't be possible, it's not like we could cast some kind of spell on the thing." David answered.

" I hate to say this, but Dwayne might be right." Mercedes pointed at faint marks in the dirty cave floor that looked almost like tiny foot steps in the dust, foot steps about the size of the teddy bears feet.

" Oh great, I feel like I'm in a bad episode of Tales From The Dark Side." He snorted." So there's a loose messed up looking teddy bear running around, how bad could it be?" He couldn't think the teddy even if freakishly now somehow moving of its own, would be much danger, but then he did smell fresh blood on it, but really how bad could it be?

**** Frog Comics ****

Nightmare fuel starts

Edgar and Alen had just closed up shop and where about ready to head to bed when they herd a deep gruff voice.

" Hey kid, you like vampires so much, what do you think of teddy bears?'

" Hu what hey we are ... Closed?" Edgar turned around and glanced around in confusion.

" Hey buddy, your drug head mom ever tell you it's rude to not look at someone when they talk to you? You're a rude kid, or is it because I'm stuffed with Fluff?"

" Holy shit!" Edgar jumped when he looked down. " Alen this isn't funny!" Edgar naturally figured Alen was trying to prank him.

" What you talking about Edgar?" Alen came out from the back rooms." Shit what's with the ugly teddy bear?"

" Wise ass's hu?" Suddenly the bear flipped a switch blade out from who knows where." I think I'll teach you two some manners, nice and slow."

" Shit, Teddy Ruxpins' evil twin just flipped out a knife!" Alen yelled and then grabbed Edgar and pulled him back behind the counter.

" Now boys, no need to yell." The teddy bear started walking towards them." You two look sooo miserable, to bad your parents are such a drag hu? Always smoking themselves into lala land, all because they can't handle the world around them. Bet you where surprised when you found out vampires where real in those comics, your little twisted fantasy turned real, maybe one day your fantasy that your worthless parents will magically wake up and love you like normal parents will come true to.. Fat chance kiddies."

" Shut up!" Edgar grabs a water pistol from under the counter, he had decided to keep one handy every since the fight with Max and now squirts the demonic teddy bear.

" Oh no, I'm melting, melting, what a world! The pain!" Suddenly the bear falls over, stopping it's slow advance.

" Yea, take that" pause, what the hell did you call an evil teddy bear?" Demon teddy!" best Edgar could come up with, so he spits it out with all the hate he could muster.

" Totally nailed that thing." Alen said and he and Edgar start to do their handshake." ... The meanest...

" The deadest." suddenly the bear lunges at them, managing to Slice Alens' hand severely when they tried to get out of the way.

" Awww you moved, don't look surprised stupid, I look like a vampire to you? Gonna take more than your little wittle water gun, you two are fucked kiddies." The bear hopped off the counter and started heading for the Frogs.

"Run!" Edgar shouted and grabbed Alen and dragged him behind the door to the back rooms, slamming it shut and locking it just before the bear could get to them. " Alen, shit, your hand's bleeding." Edgar pulled his bandanna off and wrapped Alens hand tight to stop the blood flow.

" What are we going to do, there's nothing like that thing in the comics! What are we going to do!" Alen was panting and near white from fear, any closer and that bear would have slit his throat.

" Now that's not nice, go and slam a door in my face, naughty, naughty. Don't worry, I'll get that door open, then we can really play, play until you both brake." Demonic laughter followed the bears words.

" We have to do something, I don't want my tomb stone to read: Here lies Alen Frog, died by knifing from an ugly stuffed toy bear!"

" We're not gonna die! Shit what was that?" Edgar looked at the door hearing a noise. Then suddenly loud banging, something very large was slamming into the door now, causing it to shake.

Edgar and Alen clutch each other screaming in terror as they press against the door trying to keep the thing on the other side from knocking down the door.