Sequel: The Darkness Inside
Status: Mike PoV (mainly) Slash Fic (Complete)

A Different Kind of Love

No Body Means No ***

He had rode his bike back to his grandpas' house after the sun set, as he told Sam he would, sides he needed to make sure Sam didn't do something stupid and with the determine look Sam had he'd not have put it past his little brother to run out and take matters in his own hands if he had taken to long to show up.

Suddenly there was the sound or a loud thunk of the door haven been swung open and left to slam shut and rushing foot steps. Before he could get off his bike Sam practically slams into him and then starts tugging on him with a mad rush of words spewing out so fast that he couldn't keep up with what Sam was saying. Sam was like that, when he got to over excited, his mouth ran faster than a formula one race car. The only problem was, it made it hard to decipher what Sam was saying and Sam was also a touch panicked, almost screaming, which didn't help his own nerves, which was not a good thing being that he was now a vampire.

Suddenly he clasps a hand over Sams' mouth, Sams' eyes go wide a moment as he leaned forward toward Sam, Sam being still a bit uncertain about him." Breath Andy Pandy and talk.. Slowly before you pass out." How Sam could talk so much and still get enough air was a mystery. He took his hand away when Sam nodded.

" Shit you find out anything not going to wait don't matter going to have to go after him Mom just left to the store but she already got another date set up with him in two nights here at the house he wants a private talk with me with some stupid bonding so I understand he's not trying replace dad and and..." Well Sam is a tad slower, but still rushing out everything without pause.

" He asked when you was coming over and mom told him only weekends you said and and then when he asked for a another date here and the talk during the week he's going to eat me Mike! I know it! Then he'll go after mom and grandpa and we're going to kill him tomorrow morning so he doesn't take mom away they already got you, not going to let them take Mom!" Sam finally stops to take in air, panting slightly.

He closes his eyes and runs his hand threw his hair, great Max must have decided to call their mom sometime before he got here tonight and set up this dinner date. Sam must have been listening in on the phone conversation from his room since their mom wouldn't have told Sam all this.

More tugging, at this rate he's going to need a new jacket." So?" Sam finally asks after catching his breath.

" So?" So he was confused, what was "so" supposed to mean?

" Anything? You know? Won't be any problems from the suck face gang?" Sam gives him this look that says I'm waiting.

" Oh, oh yea... David told me to stake him.." Sam just looked surprised." They apparently don't like Max, they think he is insane." After what David said, he would have to agree actually, he wasn't going to go into details about it, they hate Max was good enough." He also said pretty much you won't be able to kill the dog, dog dies when Max dies, but he's a stupid dog and would just go after one person and try to kill them and even follow them out of the gate while others sneak in."

" Perfect!" Sams' scream makes his ears ring." Great! I can work with that! I'll have tell the Frogs, then... Oh yea you'll have to drop me off at their comic shop, I'm staying the night, mom knows."

**** At the Frogs ****

Inwardly groans, he had dropped Sam off at the comic shop and now for the past 15 minutes all he's herd is insults and threats from the two weirdos. It was getting on his nerves. They where standing in the doorway of their shop while he was on his bike sitting out front of it.

Now when he brought Sam here he didn't like the idea, he assumed these Frog brothers where a little older closer to his age, least what it sounded like the way Sam talked about them being expert killers that can handle anything, Nope, two little kids, not much older than Sam, he's sure the you have got to be kidding me look was plastered all over his face.

" We don't work with vampires, really you should let us stake him now, trust me you'll feel better for it." The one called Edgar, Edgar seemed to be the one that is the instigator, while his brother Alan acted like support, or to pitch in and add onto what Edgar Says.

" They're our sworn enemies." And there goes Alan adding in.

" We are Not staking Mike!" Sam isn't into the whole kill your brother thing, but then he has always been there for Sam, would be a shitty thing for Sam to turn on him now.

" Yea well, we will, the blood sucker has to go." Edgar again, really these kids where annoying and taking up to much time bickering over staking him.

And now the kid is actually drawing a stake with Sam grabbing his arm telling him to put it away, Alan seems less certain and more Edgars' follower, so he's just waiting as back up. Fine they want to play hard ball. He suddenly stomps one foot on the ground, causing his shoe to make a loud smack, this got their attention." Don't make me have to get off my bike and come in there to pummel you two little freaks." He wasn't a bully, not after all the fights he's gotten in over people who bullied Sam, he wouldn't put a kid threw that, but these two where just pissing him off and he knew how to play the part.

What ever it was in what he said, it made both their eyes go wide and they both shut their mouths. It was almost comical, for all their talk, they where just scared little kids and seems likely they got bullied a lot by older kids. He wasn't sure what had shocked them, his tone, or the words pummel and freak, likely they got a lot of that, way they stood there looking at him, he could swear they where having flash backs. These kids must have a very sucky life, no wonder they're playing commando vampire hunters.

" Nosferatu has a temper." Edgar mumbles for a moment. " Alright fine, but this is a trap, we'll not hesitate to stake you."

I'm shaking in my Nike's he thinks to himself. " Ha, ha.. I'm not going to have my brother get hurt, which if you two get my brother hurt, I'll give your little ass's swirlies of death." The looks on their face said it enough, they knew what a swirly was and likely had one at least once. He literally meant swirlies of death, he would kill these kids if they caused something to happen to Sam.

" Come on Mike, I'll be fine, I got a plan.. Oh you don't need your old football stuff, the shoulder pads, everything, can you bring that by here? Go home get it?" Sam asks the weirdest questions sometimes.

" Well since I'm not going back to school, no I don't need it..." Yea he was confused, this didn't seem like a change of subject or anything, but the randomness of it threw him off. " Why do you need my old football gear?"

" It's part of the plan, I can tell you latter, go get!" Geeze Sam could be demanding.

Rolls his eyes." Fine, I'll get it." Soon as he kicks his bike to life, the Frogs start their bickering about vampires back up, he ignores it and speeds off to pick up his gear for what ever weird idea Sam has.

**** Sam PoV ****

It was going to be hard to sleep that night, not that sleeping in the Frogs home was that bad, OK it was, it smelled funny, they stayed in the back of the shop and their parents where only there physically, to stoned to notice much and give more than a hi Sam. He just had so much on his mind and he was unsure about going after Max. Was easy to puff up and tell Mike he had it handled, he got a plan, but thinking about it, it worried him cause even good plans can go wrong.

And what the hell is that stain on the couch? Eww gross, their parents must do sick shit there. That's the couch, there should be like a universal rule that you do not do those things on the coach! No should be against the law! Cringes as he walks past and stands out in front of the couch, the Frogs had taken up a couple of cheap chairs.

Glancing towards the kitchen he could see their hippie parents in the doorway. Ewww Their parents are all entwined all over each other like snakes tied together. Wow Edgar and Alan really have a fucked up family, and here he has been thinking his was bad with the moving to the T.V.-less, mall-less Murder Capitol of the World. He had wondered what Mike was looking at behind him, in the car ride over, but he figured was some girl. Gah had he seen that, he'd been freaking out telling their mom Murder Capitol of the World! We're gonna die in our sleep by some axe murder! Maybe he thought, maybe I shouldn't give mom such a hard time about things after all, after we save her from Max. He looks around the area a little scared to sit on anything afraid what kind of stuff he might find underneath himself.

" Never mind them, they're like that a lot." Alen had spoke, trying to take his mind from their parents no doubt.

" Yea tell us this plan of yours." Edgar cutting right to the chase.

" Umm guys, your parents are right there." He was a bit nervous about having grownups listening in on them, especially when they are practicing free love a few feet from them.

" Ignore them, they won't even notice, tell us this plan to kill the head vampire you have." Edgar seems to not care about what his mom and dad are doing in the doorway to the room that passes for a kitchen

" yea, you where so eager on the phone when you called us earlier." Alan, well is the same.

" Well it's." Eyes dart around, oh thank god they are not taking their clothes off, they just keep kissing and sucking on each others' face, dammit easy for them to say ignore it, it's like trying to do homework while to wildebeest are rutting on your bed.

" Ok, We're going to Maxs' house at noon, someone is going to distract the hell dog while the other two make their way to the house, the one who distracts the dog, leads him out side the gate and the two going in closes the gate. While the hell dog's distracted the two going in will enter, locate and eradicate the evil master vampire in his sleep."

" And the one that is distracting him will wear this." He holds up the football gear and then knocks on it." It will help keep drooly from eating the wearer, coarse they'll need to wear a lot of thick clothing underneath it." Well he hoped that all the padding and stuff would last long enough to hold the hell hound off.

" Sounds like it'll work, so you think you can distract the dog long enough..." Edgar agreeing, cool wait, what..

" Woe, woe guys what you mean me distract the dog?" he didn't want that damned overgrown Chihuahua near him ever again, this was not sounding as good as he thought it would, but he hadn't plan on being hell dog bait.

" Your idea, sides we're the expert hunters, we need to be the ones inside." Edgar points at himself and his brother.

" We know what we are doing when it comes to the undead, you're just a civilian, sides we're not putting on death breaths stinky football stuff." Alen actually pinches his nose.

He frowns and takes a sniff of the equipment, then gags." Damn Mike, when's last time you washed this." he glanced at the Frogs, they just stared." Yuck, I'm going to have Mikes' jock stink on me..." Sighed, he should have seen it coming, Mike hated laundry day.

**** Day ****

After a night of planning they where ready, luckily the frogs had an old bike to spare so he didn't have to call his mom, then ride all the way back to meet with the Frogs. It gave them time to go over the plan and make sure everyone knew what to do. They then rode to Maxs' house, the football gear and extra clothes where heavy as hell hanging on his back inside the large gym bag Mike had brought it over in. The Frogs let him use some spare clothes to wear as extra padding, long sleeve commando camouflage. And hell no he wasn't going to wear any of it till he got to the destination.

Mike had explained to them when he dropped the bag off that Max had got invited into the house, why they couldn't oust him that night. Mike still was a resident and had humanity at the time, so it had counted. Invite one in and anything you throw at them short of an actual stake will be useless. Edgar and Alen just looked at each other and said we knew that, everyone does. He had almost yelled at them about why didn't you mention that he got invited as a possibility that nothing worked then?!

He and the Frogs decided trying to face Max at night to get proof was to risky. Even though the Frog brothers didn't like it, they went ahead and decided Mike was telling the truth, Max is a vampire, the head vampire. He had had a bad feeling come over him about trying to prove to the Frogs Max was evil incarnate, that if they had went and tried even just using a mirror to identify him as a vampire it would been the end for them, he was so relieved when the Frogs agreed to just go with the plan and not approach Max at night..

"Ok time to suit up Sambo and get the dogs attention." Edgar talking while staring at the fence around Maxs' place.

" Yea sure.." Uhg Mike ever use deodorant he wondered as he finished slipping on a few long sleeved shirts and couple extra pants. He was already feeling a bit hot, then slipped the smelly equipment on, it hung loose on his much smaller body, but he had gotten it tighten well enough to stay and the extra clothes helped, it also covered a little more, so maybe drool face of hell wouldn't find some soft unprotected spot to bite first.." I can't move very much.'

" Your on Sam, go get him and remember, don't let him bite you where you're not covered." Edgar got a gee Edgar you think look from him.

" There goes one brave kid, going to miss him." Alen was really encouraging.

Ok at the gate, reach up.. Damned not easy in this crap, hard to see with the helmet on. Click, yes got it open." Hey dog, nice dog, Want to be nice?" Nothing, no dog yet... He didn't want to have to try and run out the gate from a distance in all the stuff he was wearing, he barely could walk right in this stuff.. He starts jumping up and down on the walk way." Yoooo hooooo, tasty treat here you psycho demon Muttley reject!" Still no sign, oh , oh shit." ahhhh! He's coming! Oh shit, oh shit he's going to eat me!" So what if he ran out the gate screaming, running faster than he thought he could there was a hell dog about to eat him!

OK time it right, oh crap it's lunging right for his face, no throat, the things trying to get his throat! And he's knocked down, Thorn on top growling and snarling, he's thinking I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die. He finally opens his eyes realizing the hell spawn hadn't killed him, he could feel it's weight on him and jerking, but no pain, no gasping for air or choking on his own blood.

He gives a silent thank you to whatever angle watches over him, cause Thorn had only gotten as far as to bite into the chest piece of the equipment and it was holding up to the things vicious jerks, it just wasn't able to get past it and the face guard on the helmet and just tried chewing and jerking at the plastic chest guard. He hoped the Frogs got to Max soon, while Thorn wasn't getting very far with his assault, he sure wanted to get out of this stinky hot suit.

Suddenly Muttley stops. Looks up, then charges for the gate, smashing into it and trying to get back inside. It took him a little bit to get up, it was heavy in this stuff after all. Thorn was no where in sight by the time he got to his feet, but the gate only had a few broken boards, meaning it had to have jumped or climbed the gate in its desperate haste. The Frogs must have found Max, but then if the hell dogs alive.

" Oh shit! I coming guys!" he gets to the gate, manages to unlatch it again and take off running down the path way towards the house.

When he got there the door was open. Great the Frogs managed to some how to get the door open and they decide to leave it open. Stepping threw and not seeing any sign of the Frogs, the dog or Max he walks threw, looking at all the strange objects Max had stuff in every corner. As he got farther in he could hear the growling and snarling of Thorn and, screaming. " Oh, shit, oh shit." The noise sounded like it was coming from upstairs.

It wasn't hard to figure out which room everything was going on in, all he had to do was head for the door Thorns body was sticking out of. It seemed the hell dog in its haste had managed to burst a hole threw the door, but only to get it stuck there." ha,Ha! Stupid Mutt! Got your head stuck and can't get out." He couldn't help it, scary dog and now its' ass was stuck, so he pulls the door open making it have to back up. He nearly jumped, seeing its snarling foaming at the mouth crazed head on the other side.

" Ah little Samuel, glad you could join us. What would your poor mother think?" Max making a statement, not wanting an answer." Now I'm going to have to punish you, you been more than naughty, but first." He had let out a scream when Max looked at him, but anyone would, he looked like this ugly horrifying demon, face twisted brows high to a point on his face. Guess it was a vampires true form that was hidden behind the human face.

He saw Max turn back towards a corner, where the two Frogs where holding each other and screaming like little girls. As Max advanced on them. From behind he could see a shimmering sticky fluid that sort of gleamed and sparkled a bit oozing from Max back, guess it was vampire blood, yuck, apparently they missed the heart.

" My mom would say.. Get a tan!" Max suddenly stopped his advancement on the Frogs and looked at him puzzled by his remark, just as he grabbed the heavy drapes that lined the windows making the room nearly pitch black and he gave a pull on them.. Nothing happened.

Max barked out a laugh at his attempts, damit he just wasn't strong enough to pull them down, but now Max was heading for him. No good, no good, he had to do something, so he clasped himself around the drape and just tugged and let his weight fall." Yes!" the combined jerk and his weight on the drapes was enough, even better than ripping, he had the satisfied sound of metal loosening from the wall and then bam, the heavy poll landed right on his head, good thing he hadn't taken off the helmet.

"No!" Max screamed and smoke filled the room, but the one window wasn't enough, Max had moved to the side, then suddenly another drape on a window came down and another. He looked over, the Frogs where smirking, they saw what he was doing and joined in, now the room was bathed in sunlight. Max had wanted a room with a view and the windows where those big bay ones, Max had no where to hide once all the drapes where removed.

The Frogs put on some goggles while Max screamed and flamed up and then exploded in sizzling bite sized vampire bits." Death by sunshine." He had this huge grin on his face, Max was gone, no more evil bastard trying to get his mom, eat him, the world was right again, well other than Mike was still a blood sucker, but he can deal. He was a hero, well he and the Frogs and it felt good.

" Hey Sambo thanks, but we had him where we wanted him, but your idea worked to." Edgars' confidence seemed back, you couldn't tell he was screaming on the floor a moment ago.

" Yea, we where just fooling him to think we were scared, waiting for the right moment." Alen agreeing, trying to insert their toughness. Sure they planned that, uh hu. He'll let it slide.

" Yea, sure, but we did it! Truth, Justice and the American way prevailed." He couldn't help it the grin never left his face, it felt good to have wasted that fanged bastard, but now he was hot." yuck, I got to get this stuff off." So he pulled everything off, down till he reached his own clothes underneath it." Ok, that is much better."

" Looks like el vampiro was right, look." Edgar points to where Thorn was, but only thing there was this horrific looking mummified hairless dog corpse with its head stuck threw the door mouth frozen open in a huge snarl.

They had gathered their things, stakes, discarded items and headed out, Max, what was left of him disintegrated to ash, the dog seemed like it would just stay there and not disintegrate like its master, a mummified corpse poked threw the door the only testament to what happened here. If the police showed they would have a mystery on their hands, let them try to figure it out, there wasn't a body for them to investigate, so he was relieved. No body meant there wouldn't be a murder investigation. Max had made sure his home had a good space of land so he wouldn't have nosey neighbors, so it would be his mom and the workers at that video store that would notice his absence.

****Latter****

His mom, yea she is upset at Maxs' disappearance, but soon got over it. Mike well Mike said he knew somehow when Max was killed, oh well, but I nearly died laughing at the look he gave to his football things, the several chew marks, the face guard on the helmet was bent up, the padding around the neck area was ripped. Mike had just stared at it then had asked him what the hell he did, so he told him about it.

" You used yourself as bait?! What are you insane?! You could have been killed." Mike always overprotective and a bit dramatic.

" Hey I'm OK, not even a bruise." Well he might have a bruise, Muttley did knock him down pretty hard. " We where a success, Max is gone, your free from him, mom won't have to worry about death tans and liquid diet, it worked out."

" Yea, I guess... Still... Wait how you going to, never mind I guess I can take the stuff with me so mom doesn't see the evidence of your adventure." Mike shoved the chest piece back in the gym bag and then threw it over his shoulder.

And still they agree, no telling mom, not about Mike and certainly not about the taking out Max part. She didn't need to know everything that goes bump in the night around Santa Carla, sides she wouldn't believe him... Now the next adventure, find out if Grandpa really is an alien.

For now though he would curl up with warm soft Nanook, Nanook who could make him feel better like no one can.