Sequel: The Darkness Inside
Status: Mike PoV (mainly) Slash Fic (Complete)

A Different Kind of Love

Welcome to the Night

Sounds of slapping on Mercedes cheek echoes threw the cave." Wakey, wakey sleepy head, time to get up and get welcomed to the club." David was trying to rouse their poisoned, drugged initiate from her stupor, after David had fed her from his wrist, she passed out, though due to the vampire blood now inside her, she didn't die, what would probably been painful if she hadn't been spaced out on a trip from hell.

" Hu.. wuu hafeneddd." Mercedes was still feeling the effects of Pauls', literally killer joint. After a few minutes she is able to get her head clear enough to speak." What the hell happened? Feels like someone kicked me in the head." Mercedes is rubbing at her temples trying to dull the ache.

" Oh, you was kicked alright, by a joint, Paul didn't warn us about a certain addition he put in it." David is talking to her in an almost seductive way with his voice, eyes on her, easing the sting of her getting flattened on the floor. She smiled at him, oh yea that cheered her up and banished that head ache.

:: Talk dirty to me!:: Paul cackles in their minds.

:: You're not my type Paul.:: David, pretty much mimicking Mercedes from earlier.

:: Ouch man, rejection twice in a night!:: Paul joking around.

:: Could you imagine what the children would look like if it was possible?" Marko chiming in.

:: I don't want to, it's bad enough having caught that image of Sam from Mike.:: Dwayne, who apparently also read to deep into his mind that night.

:: Dig a little deeper and you'll get to know what he wants to do with my grandpas' horses.:: So what if he came off a bit smug.

:: We'll pass.:: David speaking for the rest, no one objected.

David had gotten Mercedes to her feet, an arm around her shoulder." Welcome, your one of us now." David gave her a dark feral grin, that would likely have sent most people running for all the sinister feeling it provoked. Mercedes just grinned back, happy as a lark to have David not only close, but wrapped around her giving her all the attention. She just couldn't achieve the kind of deadly air David some how summoned up, when she copied his look.

Time for the ritual greeting, he felt awkward hugging her and bidding her welcome. Just strange since it wasn't so long ago he went threw this. Paul brushes by him, he had waited to be last to give welcome to the new member and welcome he did, slapping her on the ass and saying welcome sister, which was followed by her slapping him hard across the face, causing everyone to let out a laugh.

" Feisty, I like that. Going to be fun having you around." Paul nodding his head grinning at her.

" Keep dreaming, perv." Mercedes still didn't like Paul, but also was starting to realize most of what Paul did was joking around, even if he was perverted. " Can you like, go away? Find another ass to slap?"

" Why, when yours is right there?" Paul points right to the spot he slapped.

" Because I'm going to remove your hand if you don't?" She gives Paul this sickly sweet smile. She was still next to David, practically hanging onto him. David had an amused look on his face like he was enjoying their banter a bit to much and didn't seem to be returning the same interest Mercedes had in him as David wouldn't look at her for any length of time, she seemed to not notice his lack of attentiveness to her, or maybe she did and is just satisfied to be hanging off David.

" Got the drinks." Marko coming out from somewhere, didn't even know he had left the room and he had a couple cases of jack Daniels. No beer for them, time to celebrate by getting liquored up nice and heavy. Marko, that's what he did, retrieve things, food, items, drink, he supplied the items for festivities. David relied on Marko to make sure things where in order as far as material... Usually that meant stealing items, though he's seen Davids quick slight of hand more than once, when David would walk into a crowd, bump someone, mouth some remark and toss a wallet or other trinket to Marko from behind himself, Marko just as deftly as David, would pocket it, blink and you wouldn't have even seen it and if you didn't know it was going to happen, you wouldn't see it.

Why did they steal? Well couldn't get everything off a kill and you can't walk into a liquor store and steal cases of beer or other alcohol without a lot of attention being drawn, nor steal food that you have to wait on for it to be cooked. So they had to pay for those things, which they did by a routine run threw the masses at the boardwalk.

Marco starts tossing everyone a bottle, but Mercedes, which he hands one directly to her. She quirks a brow at him not understanding the reason, her thoughts said as much that she interpreted it as I'm a girl so you think I couldn't catch this like the other guys. Though Marko probably wasn't wanting to rely on her still human reflexes, nothing to do with her gender. Wasted Jack is a very sad thing to see.

Paul hops up on the fountain with stereo in hand, clicks it on just in time to rock out to AC/DC while he drinks, his interest in Mercedes suddenly vanishing with the promise of liquor. Highway to Hell was playing, how fitting for the err, situation. Paul's was doing some moves as he walked around the fountain.

He had returned to sitting on the fountain after the ritual welcome." Owe, shit, watch it!" shakes his hand, not that it really hurt, take more than that to cause pain, but it was just reflexive and sides it was the thought that counts. Paul had stepped on it on his way around and ignored him. Suddenly Metilica: Ride the Lightening was blaring loud, but least Paul stop making his rounds and just stood there air banging his head between drinks from the bottle.

A look over at David showed that yup, Mercedes is still hanging on him and talking to him about something. David still has that amused look on his face, though he seems disinterested. David then pats her back and gives her that unnerving predatory grin and nods.

Suddenly Marko was next to him grinning." Uh, what is it?" He asked the deceptively cherubic faced monster.

Marko was up to something, Marko took a glance at David and Mercedes." Want to bet on when she tries to get Davids' clothes off? Before she hits the bloodlust, or after? Granted she doesn't chicken out tomorrow night on the tracks." Marko liked to gamble and was apparently trying to pool bets on Mercedes and David, this likely will not end well. " David thinks she'll try during the blood lust, Paul's down for before, Dwayne doesn't care, so he's out."

He is surprised, but maybe he shouldn't be, that David had gotten in on this bet." Uhhh, I don't ." Glance over, Mercedes was giggling at David. He looks at Marko." Davids in on the bet?" Marko nodded. " Doesn't that mean David could just cheat and encourage her to ravage him?"

Marko shrugged." Fun's all in the playing, not in the who cheats, who doesn't, sides everyone cheats. As long as it's between blood, who cares? What's your bet?"

" Errr I guess during the blood lust." Marko gave him a disappointed look. " What?"

" Where's your sense of adventure, pick another." Marko isn't going to let him take the easy one.

" Ok, before, better?" Markos' grin is back and he moved off to go bother Paul, apparently his work here with him was done.

**** Train Fun ****

Well Mercedes didn't chicken out at the tracks and try to leave. If she had, she'd just been slaughtered, Davids blood hadn't had time to change her, apparently your at the last stages of the change when you get hit with the bloodlust like a baseball bat to the stomach, last step after that is making a kill. So best to quickly get them to the tracks, so that if you need to kill them for not following threw, it's not like slaughtering your own.

Once you accept the bike challenge, you're pretty much screwed after that. One choice leads you to getting turned, other leads you to getting torn apart. Correction your pretty much screwed anyway, because if your even offered the challenge, you're already a target and will find yourself in the same situation latter with getting the same challenge till you do except or get made the next meal.

Anyway, Mercedes didn't wuss out, not surprising, she got down and hung right next to David as close as she could, over confident, till the train went over head. Then things got funny, her grip slipped and she almost fell, but managed to catch hold of Davids' pants and she grappled them for dear life, but she held her cool, no screaming, tough chick, but she started to slip some more and ended up sliding down till she was holding onto Davids foot, then she was screaming her ass off.

Paul and Marko lost their grips, not because they turned loose, but they where laughing so hard they couldn't hold on. Dwayne let go, with a chuckle at the sight of Mercedes hanging onto Davids boot screaming like a banshee as she dangled over the gorge. OK so he lost my grip because he was laughing too, it was funny as hell. David was the only one not laughing, he was at a loss for words, he just stared down at Mercedes hanging on for dear life. Must have been a first time someone did that.

Once everyone was down on the ground, they could hear David giving her the let go your one of us talk, which had the effect of uncontrolled laughter answering him, they couldn't try calling her down, couldn't stop laughing long enough to try, well Dwayne did, barely. They couldn't see up threw that thick fog very well. Eventually Mercedes made the plunge, then David followed.

"Shut up." David didn't care much for the laughter at his expense.

" Hey! Does this count?" Paul asking Marko.

" No, she has to be trying to get his clothes off, not grapple them in fear of getting splattered on the ground." Marko laughed when David glared at him.

Mercedes was past out, David picked her up and slung her over his shoulder." Laugh it up, you're going to loose and you know it." David gave an evil grin as he popped a cigarette into his mouth, already recovered from his in-dignifying position on the track. " This bets in the bag. Now time to get this girl to her motel room, tomorrow night we'll get to show her how we really play." He walks off letting out a chilling laughed, we all fall in behind him as is expected.

**** Feeding Night ****

Well Mercedes fed, without much problem, but she didn't have anything to knock sense in her when bloodlust struck and the vampire took over. David of coarse was right behind her all the way with it, he had shared with her from a kill, but pulled away letting her finish it off. Calculating bastard smirked at Marko and Paul and started rubbing her back while she drank. Hunger and sexual arousal go hand and hand and David was cheating, by enticing her infatuation with him while in the throws of bloodlust. Knew it, knew he was going to cheat.

It didn't take long for Davids little enticing to work, Mercedes' who is newly fully turned and high on a first kill and the pleasure that came with it. She whirled around and start tearing at Davids clothes and tried to push David to the ground. Very dominate girl, David however wasn't going to go for it and be in the submissive, he flipped her off him and then held her face down in the sand with one hand. He also wasn't going to let her try and pull the rest of his clothes off.

What happened next was a bit weird, erotic, but weird... OK wouldn't be at all erotic to someone human, more like horrifying. David had leaned over and viciously bit her neck from behind, which cause Mercedes to buck and and struggle under David. She was also moaning and snarling underneath him. This didn't last long, David lifted from her throat and waited for her to calm down before taking his claws and weight from her back.

Mercedes was stunned there on the sand, her mind trying to understand what had just happened. She'd probably be like that for a bit. David however has a very smug look on his face and is heading right towards him till David was right directly in front of him and leaned forward to close for comfort." Liked what you saw Michael?"

He didn't like to be put on the spot and this was awkward as it had been erotic turn on to watch them or more like David to bite into Mercedes the way he had and David right in his face practically purring out his question has him very self conscious. When he didn't answer, David just patted his shoulder with a chuckle and went back to Mercedes who started pelting him with questions.

Clean up time while David breaks the news to Mercedes, evidence of dinner is removed by fire or by sea. Mercedes would glance over at us with this shocked look, likely not used to seeing a "gang" removing bodies like they weren't much more than litter, Paul cracking a joke, Marko pulling a ring from a guys finger and pocketing it and probably would wear it at some point in time till he decided it wasn't interesting to him anymore. Marko was a bit of a kelecto.

Rings weren't the only things Marko took. Rippppp. Everyone looks over to see Marko collecting a patch from one of their jackets that he decided he must have. Marko glances at them and shrugs, finishing off removing the patch and tosses the ruined jacket and its owner into the bon fire.

" You did what?!" well Mercedes just learned what kind of "gang" they are and that she was now a permanent member. She shot everyone a glare when chuckles made rounds at her scream. She was taking it well and believing it, but then she just drained someone of their blood and had some kinky biting from David. Eh, he'd have expected her to been on David like butter after that, but guess shock of surprise you're no longer human was enough to get her to stop trying to becomes David conjoined twin, well for now, she'll probably be back attached at Davids hip soon enough.