Sequel: The Darkness Inside
Status: Mike PoV (mainly) Slash Fic (Complete)

A Different Kind of Love

Bargaining

Boardwalk, Mercedes torment was over and she was sitting at the back of Davids' bike now. Big surprise there, doubt she'll ride her bike much when she does get it back. So nothing overly fun to do aside sitting at the boardwalk and hanging around debating about what to do, then it hit him. Literally." owe!" something smacked the side of his head and he started rubbing it, a downwards glance revealed there is a rock on the ground. Eyes narrowed, he hated rock throwers, to him it was the pussying out of weak idiots who can't fight, but want to start shit.

:: Someone has a death wish to be throwing rocks at us." David, probably already with ideas of the violent end in mind for the rock thrower.

" Never mind." He face palms, he caught sight of Sam who started gesturing at him when he looked Sams' way. Sam isn't going to come within five feet of the group and he certainly isn't going near David. Far as Sam was concerned David is Satan and stole his older brother. Sam's pretty close to being right. David could scare Sam shit-less just looking at him, but Sam needed a better tactic than throwing rocks to get his attention, Sam could have missed and hit one of the others.

As he slipped from his bike to go see what Sam wanted he caught the eye roll from Mercedes, who actually was yet to learn that he has living family here and probably hasn't caught on the dorky kid in the clothes that looked like the Looney Tunes puked up on it, was related to him, though she will now. Speaking of Mercedes, she was attached to Davids back, though not holding onto him while parked, but she was casually leaning against David, back of her long hair rubbing against his mullet. Any closer and she'd be inside of Davids' skin and David seemed to like the attention that is till he asks her to go find them someone to munch on.

"Eeeewww, one isn't bad enough it had to multiply, by splitting itself like an amoeba to make two of them." Sam caught sight of Mercedes behind David, so naturally he had to make some weird comment. "Damit! They have radar." David had turned and was sneering at Sam, Mercedes was staring daggers. David and Mercedes reaction got Marko and Paul snickering, more than Sams' comment. Dwayne ignored it and kept his watch up for trouble.

He places a hand on Sams' head, just to be annoying. " OK you want something, what is it?" Sam slaps his hand away, just for him to stick it back on top of his head, he started grinning at Sam who tried again to knock away his hand.

" Stop messing with my hair, just cause it's better than yours!... And nothing, what I can't just talk to my older, bigger brother who has a bike and can be very nice to me." Sam is needing a ride home for some reason. Something was up. " And before mom gets home." Sam was plastering on a fake smile, means he has done something that could get him grounded if their mom found out.

" What do I get in return?" He almost purrs out, even a bit creepy sounding to his own ears. The sad thing is he would have blackmailed Sam before being turned, Now he's less inclined to care about thinking it over before asking what's in it for him and he likely now has a devious or dark look or something to go with how creepy his voice came out, as Sam seemed to suddenly get uncomfortable around him. Shakes his head and relaxes, he didn't want to unnerve Sam, even if he wanted to use Sams predicament to his own advantage. " Spit it out, what did you do?" He watched Sam with a ha, your doing something for me for a week look.

Sam seems to relax when he relaxed and started acting more his normal self. " Funny, umm I sort of left the house when mom said I had to stay home since she couldn't pick me up if something happened." Well kinda explained why he was here, though Sam tended to avoid being out at night. " And I am not walking back, she'll be home by then, if I don't get eaten by one of your leechy friends." Sam then sticks his tongue out towards the boys and Mercedes and then tries to hide from their view using him as the shield.

He glances behind him to see Paul flipping Sam off with a demented yah I'll eat you grin on his face, then Paul starts laughing. The rest where ignoring Sam, well Mercedes isn't, she was casting a glare towards them, likely still unhappy about being called an amoeba or whatever Sam had meant. He only knew it was something to do with biology and he slept threw most of biology class.

" And err my bike got stolen." Sam suddenly looked nervous then, least it wasn't because of him and it explained his being here after dark." I chained it up, was only in the comic shop a few minutes and came out some freebasing but munch took it!" Pause." Tell mom you took it and broke it?" Not that their mom did any hard discipline, but Sam wouldn't be getting a new bike if he got it taken by not doing what she asked. Their grandpa must also be over at that widows' house for Sam to taken a chance to sneak off.

" Oh, yea, I could do that.. Hey mom I decided to grab Sams' little peddle bike that I don't quite fit on even though I have a motorcycle and got it broken and threw it away? Oh yea, mom would sooo believe that. It's fool proof." Sam slapped him on his side for his sarcasm. " Well what you expect me to say? And really for this, you can wash and wax my bike."

" What?! Wait, OK I'll wash and wax your bike, but you have to say you ran over my bike on that thing of yours and bent it all up and threw it away. Without letting anyone know you totaled it, oh and you where drunk and didn't see it, you do shit without thinking, it's believable. Plus you sometimes have attitude problem, blame alcohol." Well Sam agreed, but if he was going to have to talk to their mom and hear a lecture, especially if he tells her he was a little drunk.

" Washing and waxing it for three months, oh don't even try, I'm going to have to sit for an hour or two of my night so your but can use the get out of jail free card, I'm getting something in return, but I can always tell mom what happen." Sam shakes his head and decides to go with it.

The one thing he learned about being near the ocean, the salt is a bitch on paint jobs and metal if you didn't take care of it. Two hours of having to pretend to listen and care about a lecture for something he didn't do and make up fake excuses was worth three months of getting his bike detailed.