Sequel: The Darkness Inside
Status: Mike PoV (mainly) Slash Fic (Complete)

A Different Kind of Love

Sams' Strange Friend

Sam kept his part of the deal, he even had waited extra time till their mom arrived. Sam did a pretty convincing show of being angry that he "ran over" his bike. So he was leaving the bike tonight, Sam was going to clean and wax it sometime during the day. If need Sam can say he's been giving him a few bucks if she catches Sam.

Dinner was awkward as usual with their mom asking questions about what he has been up to, how he's taking care of himself, the usual normal human worries about what the kid that flew the nest is doing. Time has been flying by, been almost a year and some how him and Sam have managed to keep her from finding out. Well he guess it helps that he doesn't actually live in the house, then it would been impossible to hide what he is.

Tonight though was made more awkward. Sam has a little friend over and the kid kept gawking at him like he was a side show piece at the circus. The kid is black, hair cut nearly to the scalp, had glasses thicker than his arm and wore clothing almost as bad as Sam, plaid shirt and cream dress pants. The kid looked like a typical geek and about Sams' age. At least he wasn't puffing on that thing now. He swore the kid was about to Convulse and die right on the dinning room floor at first sight of him. The kid didn't, instead he started puffing on this thing Sam said is an inhaler.

" So... You... One of them? You loo." Sam suddenly put a hand over the kids mouth, when the kid finally got up the nerve to ask questions, though the kid sounded like he might need that inhaler thing again and the question didn't sound like someplace he'd want it to go in front of his mom.

Why did Sam have to have weird friends that herd stories about the gang called The Lost Boys? And why was he so easy to peg as one of them? Though could be that he dressed similar and that tale tale dangling earring in the left ear and the hanging out with them doesn't help, small community seems word gets around. Guess he also oozed bad seed that will eat you. He glances at his mom, she must really not notice anything or has no sixth sense to have not caught something was off, hell Sam said he gave off this what he called dangerous vibe, but Sam has always been over sensitive.

They went up to Sams room after dinner, but first he went to his old room and collected some Turtle wax from the closet and then went into Sams room and tossed the bottle to him." Message it down real good, just follow the instructions on the label." His grin at Sam was ear to ear." Make sure to get under the fenders." tosses a can of WD-40 along with something to keep the tires conditioned. Sam is giving him a what the hell look." Hey we made a deal, wax and wash, you can't wax the tires and underside of the fender, but you still have to clean them doofus." He smirked. Three months of this, he was going to enjoy.

Now the weird kid with the inhaler, who he learned was Millard, Millfred or something was staring between him and Sam, not understanding the reasons behind this, neither he or Sam were inclined to explain.

" So is it true... You... Eat... Peoples souls?" Millie asked. What kind of rumors where there going around?

" Uh, no, I don't eat souls." He answers.

" No he's just a shit-sucking vampire that likes to take advantage and abuse his little brother.." Sams' eyes suddenly went wide." Opps." Sam has such a big mouth and Milard was staring at Sam with a wide eyed look, oh yea the kid believed Sams' off handed remark.

He groans. "Sam, I'm going to glue your mouth shut!"

" Sorry, I said opps!" Sam was looking at Mallard." Uh, you didn't hear anything, Mike's not a blood sucker, just an ass hole."

"Hey!" He was about ready to gag Sam, he isn't helping.

" It explains... A lot... Like that They... Aren't seen in the day... And Mom says they don't die, they at boardwalk every night since she was a kid and before. People disappear that make them mad... Don't eat me, I taste like Tofu and soybeans" And puff goes the Millard. After a few hits on the inhaler the kids breathing sounded normal.

" Ummm yea, sure, don't worry I have no inter." Sam elbows him." What?"

" Your evil suck buddies aren't eating a." Sam suddenly bursts into a laugh and falls over on his back on the bed, probably realizing what he just said sounded like." Sucking off." Now Sam was giggling. He really didn't want to know what Sam was imagining, in fact he's not once ever tried reading his brothers mind, frankly it frightened him.

" Oh good... No one will believe... This... Better not tell my parents though... They'll be to scared to let me visit... They think I can't handle things... Without Lost Boys showing up and one being... Sams' brother... They would really freak out." Miller even when calm, well sort of, the kids heart is still racing a bit. The kid must have good self control not to have freaked out, likely due to the he probably would die if he did, the kid seemed out of breath even when not ready to panic.

" Um, I'm sure you handle yourself just fine." Not that he sounded convinced. He looks at Sam." Why do you find that so funny?"

" UH, Mike the way Satan looks at you when your back's turned? He wants you. So he wants' to be your suck buddy." Sam laughs and does this grabby hands gesture at the air, he then knocks Sams hands down." He wants your body bro, the freak gives you these I'm going to eat you up looks." Then Sam turns around and runs his hands over his own back making kissy and sucking sounds.

" Ha,ha... Cut that out. Only thing David likes doing is giving me the creeps." OK so the looks David gives him and the fact that David likes to put his arm around over his shoulders every chance he gets was a bit more than most buddies would do, but it didn't mean David wanted him like that.

" Trust me Mike, I know, he's after you and wants you to have his evil Satan children." Sam started snickering.

" Can guys... Like you... Have babies? A vampire thing?" Millan really had to ask that question, seriously?

" No I can't get pregnant! Guys don't get pregnant. And I haven't done anything anyway, not like you can make someone pregnant by looking at them." The male pregnant thing was really disturbing subject to him.

" How do you know? Taken vampire biology 101? How well you know your own body? Bet you don't know, be." Sams eyes go wide as he suddenly shoves a sock right into that big mouth.

"I'm not going to get pregnant you little git. And David hasn't done anything to me anyway." He watched as Sam popped the sock out. Milliard was laughing now and popping puffs of his inhaler.

" Eeeeww, OK you're not pregnant, but those looks I saw him give you, he wants more than to be just friends. If you two get married, I'm not going to be best man." Sam shuts up with a swat to the back of the head, it was light, more to annoy than harm." Owe, abuse your brother, you ass hole." Sam looks at the kid. " See what I have to put up with?

" Yea, yea." Snorts and he starts messing up Sams' hair, Sam promptly knocking his hand away." I'm going you and Mallard."

" His names Milferd, not that hard to remember." Sam correcting him, Milferd just stared.

" I'm going, have your laugh, bike needs to be nice and clean when I pick it up tomorrow night." He just shakes his head when Sam sticks his tongue out at him. Great now he's going to have uncomfortable thoughts and questions running threw his mind when he sees David again.