Status: Updating as often as possible :)

Another Wave Has Turned Its Back On Me

Now I'm Reaching For The Things I Left Behind

Looking for a parking spot was a lot more difficult than I imagined. When I finally got my jeep settled into one, I took my keys out of the ignition and threw them carelessly into my plain black backpack along with my cigarettes and school papers. 

I began walking into the familiar high school. I remembered when I was about 10 years old and I'd pass this place in the car and think to myself "I can't wait to grow up and go there." Oh the irony. I earned a few stares from people who recognized me after all these years, and some who thought I was new. It was then that I spotted my target. 

He was short, but still significantly taller than me. He was still tan with the same, now longer, light brown, curly hair spewing out from under a dark navy blue snapback. I smiled contently to myself. That was my best friend, my former childhood crush. And he was walking my way.. Wait, what?

As he walked closer a million different thoughts came pouring from in and out of my skull. Does he know who I am being the biggest one. Alongside him was.. Tony? The boy I nearly ran over this morning. They were still far back. Maybe they weren't coming to talk to me. Maybe he didn't even remember me. Maybe-
"ALEXANDREA!" Vic began running over to me and I smiled like a big idiot.

When he finally reached me he enveloped me into a giant bear hug, swinging me in the air and holding on tightly to my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He looked the same, but matured. He smelt like a mix of cologne, laundry detergent, and the way his house used to smell.  

"How do you.. Why... Do you even..." I'm such a dumb ass. No words would leave my mouth in full sentences and he finally put me down to answer the questions he knew were coming. 

"Your dad called my dad and he told me you guys were moving back. I missed you so much Alex." He wrapped me into another short hug. Vic always said the right things and he knew me all too well. 

"Then why did you stop calling.." I mumbled, ruining the moment. For the first four or five years after I moved we would call each other every day until it became every week to every month and eventually I never heard from him.

"I'm sorry and I know that won't make up for it right away but I'll explain later okay? Come over after school and we can.. Catch up or something," he reassured with a genuine smile, showing off his straight white teeth. As soon as I was staring too long, I nodded and barely let out an okay, when I heard someone next to us clear their throat. I almost forgot Tony was there the whole time. 

"Oh, hey Tony," I giggled turning towards him while earning a confused look from Vic.

"You know each other?" Vic asked looking between Tony and I.

"Uh, yeah. She almost ran me over this morning. She's my new neighbor. How do you know her Vic?" Tony replied with a chuckle. 

"We've been friends since practically birth," I spoke up for Vic, earning a slight nod from Tony. "Small world?" I said, laughing at the irony. 

We stood there for a few seconds, soaking up all the new information about each other when I spoke up once again, "Where's Michael?" I asked Vic. 

"He's inside already," he stated, pointing towards my new school, "We should probably go too. We're kinda late." Vic said, grabbing my hand and leading me into the school while Tony followed close behind. 
Something in the way Tony looked at us was odd. And even I, myself was wondering why Vic was hugging me and holding my hand when I considered us almost strangers nowadays. I didn't question him about it, though. 

"What's your schedule?" Vic asked, snapping me back to reality. I handed him my paper. "We have lunch together. But we should all go somewhere to eat then." he nodded towards Tony and I nervously wondered what he meant by "all."

Tony looked me in the eyes, causing my heart to flutter and I don't know why.

"You down, then?" He asked.

"Do I really have a choice?" I replied, smiling sweetly and blushing slightly. 

"Nope!" Vic said, laughing. "Meet us in the lobby at lunch and I'll drive. I'll make sure Mike comes too. He's really excited to see you again."

I nodded, saying our byes until then and we all went in opposite directions to our homerooms. I barely had any trouble finding my way around this school since it was pretty small. I was introduced in every one of my classes as the new student and remembered by a few people that I don't give a shit about. All I could think about was Vic and the way he hugged me and held my hand, until lunch came around, and I met him and Tony in the lobby. They were standing next to a tall, lanky figure with a few tattoos covering his arms, like Tony, and two lip piercings. Once I heard his voice I started running. 

"MIKEY!" I yelled, receiving annoyed and confused looks from bystanders, but I honestly didn't give a fuck. I jumped up and he caught me in a hug, spinning me just as Vic did. He also smelt like their house, but also a mix of weed and cologne. Mike has always liked me but I never really acknowledged it or made it a big deal. Mostly because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. 

"I'm so happy you're back, Al!" I giggled at the use of my old nickname from him and gave him a toothy grin in return. 

"Happy to be back, Miguelito." He blushed a little at me for remembering his old nickname and smirked at the floor.

"Let's get goin' already kids. Victor is hungry." Vic interrupted, patting his brother's back before running out the front doors. 

I followed as we walked through the parking lot and talked to Mike about nothing and everything until we reached Vic's car. Out of nowhere another boy about as tall as Tony came running towards us. He had skunk hair that stuck straight up and equal dimples digging into his cheeks as he laughed while jogging over to reach us.  

"Mother fuckers always tryna ditch me." He exclaimed, resting his hands on his knees and panting dramatically. 

All the guys laughed at him and I couldn't help but join in. 

"We were going to wait, Jaime." Mike spoke, pushing Jaime over. "And this is Alex, my girlfriend." 

"I'm afraid not, but my name is Alex. And I'm guessing you're Jaime?" I said to the spiky haired boy looking down towards me. 

"Right you are, my lady." I laughed as he ruffled my long curls. "You new here?" 

"Kind of. I just moved back. I've been friends with Vic and Mike for a while, though." He nodded. 

"LET'S GO ALREADY" Vic called, already in his car in which I assumed he was there for a while.

"Shotgun!" Jaime yelled bolting to the passengers seat. 

"I don't think so!" I pushed past Tony and Mike and fought for the front seat, elbowing Jaime in his side until he gave up and sat in the back with the other guys. 

"Unfair. I want a rematch soon." Jaime pointed at me, narrowing his eyes playfully. I nodded and winked, closing my door as Vic finally drove off. 

The stress started to build up again, when I realized I'm in a car with a whole bunch of strangers. I took my backpack off and pulled out a cigarette. 

"Do you mind?" I asked with my eyebrows raised, holding up the stick and looking towards Vic. 

"I didn't know you smoked, but sure. Mike does it in my car all the time." Vic looked uneasily at me, almost disapproving as I lit it up and inhaled deeply, blowing my smoke out the window. 

"Want one Mike?" I nodded towards him, pulling another out in which took it and thanked me, also lighting it up. 

"You guys are so bad ass." Jaime spoke up, chuckling to himself while Mike punched him in the arm. 

"If we're not getting Taco Bell then I'm not talking to you anymore Victor." I said, thinking about the possible places we would be going. 

"Its always Taco Bell, Alexandrea. You know that." He replied with a chuckle followed by a subtle wink.

When we finally arrived at Taco Bell, we all got what we wanted and ate while joking around. I was warming up to them and I felt like I had friends for the first time in years. I felt involved and a little bit important for once. When we finished, we got back into Vic's car and headed back to school just in time for last period. All during that class I thought about my new friends, as childish as that sounds, and what we were going to do at Vic and Mike's house later. 
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter will be a continuation of this, I just spaced it out weird on accident. I'm happy that some people have read the first chapter so far. Leave comments if you want, they'll help me a lot. Things will start getting better in the next chapter, so keep holding on and thank you for reading. :)