Status: ♥ Dedicated to Erin ♥

Call Girl

they found each other

Erin had her textbooks clutched to her chest as she made her way to her manager’s office building. She had just gotten out of class and she knew she had to go before she changed her mind. While she still had a bit of confidence.

Taking a deep breath, she climbed the three flights of stairs until she landed at Janice’s doorway, where the older woman gave her a deep smile. “Erin, please come in.”

Erin took the seat across from Janice’s desk, her eyes flicking between the woman and the large window behind her. It was hard to make eye contact with how nervous she was, but she finally did it.
“I’m quitting,” Erin said, the words leaving her mouth so quickly they sounded more like a gasp than anything else. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, before saying it again. “I can’t work for you anymore.”

Janice gave a click of her tongue before her lips curved up in a small smile. “I understand,” she said, nodding her head as she reached across the desk to fold one hand over Erin’s. “I knew it was only a matter of time before you left.”

Erin’s eyebrows raised, and she shifted in her seat a bit. “You did?”

Janice nodded, pulling her hand back and leaning in her chair. Her legs folded on top of one another and she set her hands in her lap. “This isn’t meant to be a career, Erin. Everyone leaves eventually. The money’s nice, but there comes a time when it’s no longer worth the toll it takes on your relationships. You’re going to be fine, Erin. There are better things for you out there.”

Erin knew that Janice was right, because she had already found one of those better things. It was going to be hard having to scrape by to pay for school, but Erin knew it was time for her to leave. Whether she had met Harry or not, leaving the company was definitely in her best interest, and she knew, deep down, that she should have gotten out a long time ago.

“I’ll write you a letter of recommendation,” Janice said, leaning forward so her elbows were against her desk. “If you ever need one.”

Erin nodded her head quickly, smiling at the woman. “Thank you. Really, thank you so much.”

One last smile came to Janice’s face before Erin excused herself, leaving the building so quickly there was a trail of dust behind her. The first person she called was Katie, who wouldn’t stop telling her how proud she was and insisting that she could help pay rent.

When she was done with Katie, she took a deep breath and shot a text to Harry asking him to meet her, which he quickly agreed to do.

She was at her apartment only minutes before he was, and she had just barely set her books down when she heard a knock at the door. Her breath hitched in her throat as soon as the tapping began, and she had to try to settle her stomach to keep from throwing up. Her heart was racing so fast that it hurt, and all of her blood had stopped rushing to her hands, causing them to go numb.

Her shaking fingers could barely open the doorknob, and when the door pushed open, Harry smiled at her.

“Good afternoon,” he said, shoving his hands in his pockets while he shuffled his feet. “How have you been?”

Erin didn’t have time for small talk, because she was certain that all of her body systems were going to shut down if she didn’t tell Harry at that moment. Her breath was falling in angry heaps, and she reached her hand out to pull him in. She guided him straight to the sofa, where they sat right next to one another.

“Harry, I –” Erin breathed out, her body still a shaking mess. “I did it.”

Harry’s head twisted, while his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “You did what?”

“I quit,” Erin paused, toying with her hair behind her ears. “Katie’s gonna get me a job at the coffee shop and – and I – I won’t be working there anymore.”

“You mean – you didn’t have to do that for me.”

“I didn’t,” she replied, biting her lip. “Well, I did, but I did for me, too. That job wasn’t good for me and – and I guess I deserve better.”

“You do, Erin. You do,” Harry said, nodding his head, while he reached his hand out for hers. Her fingers melted where they touched, and her pulse raced as he moved a bit closer to her. “You deserve to not have to sleep with asshole guys just to be able to go to school. You deserve to go on a date with someone who actually cares about you and wants you to be happy, not with someone who is trying to impress his friends.”

Erin smiled at Harry, as his thumb began rubbing at the back of her hand. His eyes were so sweet and soft, and Erin would have got lost in them if he hadn’t spoken again.

“Erin, I – I want to take you on a proper date. No lies. No secrets. Everything out in the open.”

Blush fell to Erin’s cheeks and she nodded her head quickly. Harry smiled back at her, squeezing her hand more tightly, as he leaned forward.

“What do you say we start right now?” He asked, his warm breath falling to her lips as he leaned closer.

Erin said nothing, and simply smiled, as she pressed her lips to Harry’s once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww, Erin and Harry finally got their happy ending!
Isn't he just the sweetest thing ever?
Thank you so much for reading this story and I so appreciate every ounce of feedback I got! You guys are absolutely amazing and I can't thank you enough for sticking with this!

Erin, I hope you thoroughly enjoyed this story and I hope you get a chance for a real happy ending with Harry in the future!