Status: ♥ Dedicated to Erin ♥

Call Girl

he was a charmer

After an entire week of studying for one of her exams, all Erin wanted was a night out with her best friend – one that didn’t involve her work. She wanted a fun, simple night where she didn’t have to worry about getting a good tip or talking to a bunch of people she didn’t care about. She just wanted to go to the club, dance until she couldn’t feel her legs, and forget all about her problems.

She and her best friend made plans to go to a small club downtown and after the two girls spent far too long getting ready, they hopped into Katie’s car and made the short drive into the city.

It was obvious by how full the parking lot was and how loud the music was that the club was packed. The two girls didn’t even have to walk inside to know that. Of course, Erin was a little hesitant about going in at first, but it only lasted for a moment because Katie’s bright smile convinced her that they were going to have a blast. They had to wait in a small line for a few moments, but luckily the weather outside was nice and the two could use the time to chat before the noise was so loud that they wouldn’t be able to think.

When they reached the bouncer, he flashed them a smile before letting them slide underneath the velvet rope. The club wasn’t posh, per say, but the owners liked to give the illusion that it was, and when the girls walked in, they were met with the bright lights and large dance floor of a typical club.

The second that Erin heard the music she was ready to dance, but Katie insisted that she need a drink first, so Erin followed the blonde girl to the bar.

“Two vodka and lemonades, please,” Katie said, while smiling at the bartender. If he would have checked her ID, he would’ve known that she was still a year away from being able to drink, but Katie usually got most things that she wanted, so he didn’t ask.

He slipped the two girls their drinks, which Katie quickly paid for. The blonde girl held her drink into the air, smiling at Erin as she spoke. “To a night we’ll never forget!”

Erin chuckled, rolling her eyes at her friend, before slamming her drink back against Katie’s.

“To a night we won’t forget.”

Katie grinned again, before downing her drink in a single gulp. It never ceased to amaze Erin how quickly Katie could drink anything with vodka in it, but she shouldn’t have been surprised.

Grabbing onto Erin’s free hand, Katie dragged the girl out onto the dance floor, not caring that she hadn’t yet finished her drink. Erin was used to having to dance with a drink in her hand, so she didn’t mind.

The music was pounding around them, while sweaty bodies pressed up against one another. It wasn’t a scene for the completely sober, so Erin made an effort to drink as much of her drink as she could stomach. It wouldn’t get her drunk – wouldn’t even come close to that – but it was better than nothing.

While Erin was shaking her hips back and forth, laughing as Katie did some weird move with her hands, she felt a light tap on her shoulder and turned around. Her eyes met immediately with the boy from the restaurant who had tried and failed to rescue her from Jack.

His soft curly hair was exactly the same as it was before and his green eyes were impossible not to recognize.

Erin could tell by the look on his face that he knew exactly who she was, which was the last thing that she wanted. She hated when people recognized her from her work dates, especially when they recognized her as the significant other of those dates, and that was probably what the stranger thought.

“I know you, don’t I?” he shouted into her ear in his attempt to be heard over the music. It just barely worked.

Erin shook her head immediately, hoping that she could pass it off as a coincidence. She didn’t want to get into a conversation with the boy, especially one that would most likely be about Jack. She spent so much time working with men that she rarely wanted to see them outside of her work. She’d much rather spent the night dancing with Katie and pretending like her life was just a dream.

“I don’t think so,” she responded, while pulling her drink to her lips for a quick sip. He furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head to one side.

“No, I think I do. From the other night at that restaurant. You were at the bar.”

“You must be thinking of someone else.”

Erin turned back around, hoping to be met with Katie’s curious eyes, but found that the blonde had vanished. There was no telling where Katie had gone off to, especially if she was trying to force Erin to be alone with the stranger.

“I’m Harry,” the boy shouted above the music, even though Erin wasn’t facing him.

She turned around, flashing him a quick smile. “Erin.”

Her eyes flicked away from Harry and back to the dance floor, looking over every inch to find Katie. Of course, it seemed as though nearly every girl in the room was blonde, so spotting her proved to me more difficult than Erin had hoped.

“So where are you from?”

Erin turned back to him with the same fake smile she always wore. “I’m sorry. I’ve got to find my friend.”

“Maybe I can help,” Harry said, while shoving his hands into his pockets.

“Oh, that’s alright,” Erin responded, shaking her head. “I know just where she is.”

“It doesn’t look like you do.”

Erin turned back to him, being met with his sly smirk. His face looked so perfect like that, with his lips curved and a dimple covering his face, and Erin knew immediately what it was for.

“Where’d she go?”

Harry paused for a moment, looking as though he didn’t want to tell her. His foot tapped against the floor, while he squinted his eyes.

After a few short moments, he flicked his head in the direction of the bar, and Erin followed it to find Katie chatting with the bartender and ordering another drink.

Erin chuckled at her friend before turning back to Harry with a smile. “Thank you.”

“No problem,” he said, smiling back at her. She turned to walk away, but his hand fell to her wrist, forcing her to turn back and look at him. His bright green eyes looked down to hers and his smile turned soft. “How many more times do I have to save the day before you’ll give me your number?”

Erin chuckled, shaking her head at him. “Save the day?”

Harry shrugged. “I’d like to think so.”

His hand fell from her wrist, releasing her from him while he smiled at her. She paused for a moment, with the music bouncing around them so loudly that she could hardly think.

Harry was so enticing and there was something about him that Erin was just drawn to, but she knew better than to pursue anything with her line of work. He’d never understand why she did what she did, and she knew that secrets didn’t make friends, so she had to push him away.

“Give me a call when you give Tom Cruise a run for his money,” she said, before turning away from him. If he was going to say anything else, he didn’t have time, because Erin was quickly pushing through the crowds of people.

When she reached Katie, she heard a voice shout over the music and knew immediately that it was Harry.

“I would but I don’t have your number!”

Shaking her head, she latched onto Katie’s arm to pull her out of the club. She had to get away before she ran into the perfect, curly haired boy again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww, at least they know each other's names, right? (;
That's better than nothing!
And bonus points for the Tom Cruise reference.