Status: ♥ Dedicated to Erin ♥

Call Girl

she was worried

It had been a few days since Harry had almost forced Erin’s number out of her, and he still hadn’t given her a call. She didn’t know what was up, because she was expecting to hear from him. As adamant as he had seemed about getting her number, the last thing she expected was to be left in the dust.

By that time, she wasn’t even sure if she was going to answer if he did call. She wasn’t the type to give out her number to guys, mostly because she didn’t want them to have it, but also because she wasn’t the type to let herself get played by guys.

Her career was focused around knowing the ins and outs of men and giving them exactly what they needed, so the last thing she wanted from Harry was to have to analyze him and figure out how to work him too.

Honestly, she just wanted to completely forget about him and pretend the whole thing never happened. She wanted to forget about having given him her number. She wanted to wipe his soft green eyes and sweet dimples from her memory. She wanted to go back to day one, where everything made sense and the only guys she thought about were the ones tipping her.

She hated men, so why was this one running a marathon in her head all day long.

Sighing, Erin collapsed onto her sofa, hoping that sitting down and relaxing would help her catch her breath.

Of course, she wasn’t that lucky though, because the moment her butt hit the cushion, her phone began ringing, lighting up with a number that she didn’t recognize. Erin decided, at that moment, that there had to be some cosmic force working against her. The second she decided she was going to forget all about Harry, a mysterious number showed up on her phone, and she knew that it had to be him.

Despite the gut feeling in the pit of her stomach, she answered the phone with a quick hello as she brought it to her ear. His voice was on the other end, giving her a hello back.

“Before I say anything else,” he said, a small chuckle in his voice. “I just want to make sure I didn’t get a fake number.”

Erin couldn’t help but laugh at that, because she had thought about doing that very thing.

“It depends,” she said, trying to mask the playful in her voice. “Who are you looking for?”

He paused for a second, as if he was trying to decide whether or not to play with her.

“Looking for the pizza shop. Got a big order to place.”

She chuckled, whisking her hair out of her eyes. “Oh, well, this is Erin.”

“Erin? From the other day?”

She almost wanted to roll her eyes at him, but his voice just sounded so deep and charming that she couldn’t.

“Mhmm,” she said, nodding her head even though he couldn’t see it.

“Oh, well, since I have you on the line, are you busy tonight?”

Erin’s breath caught in her throat immediately, because she remembered why her rule was that she never gave her number to guys. She was busy that night. With work, in fact. The very thing she hated about herself.

It was that fact about her – that she was and always would be a call girl – that made her swear off men until she was done with school.

She couldn’t tell Harry what she was doing, because he’d never look at her the same way again, but she couldn’t lie to him either. It broke her heart to lie, and if they somehow became serious and he found out that everything about her was a lie, then she’d never be able to forgive herself.

“I’m sorry, Harry,” she said into the phone, almost whispering. “I’ve got plans.”

She knew she shouldn’t have sounded as upset as she did, because Harry picked up on it. He could hear the disappointment in her voice, and of course he’d be left wondering what exactly it was for.

Harry paused for only a moment before speaking again. “I hope you know that I’m going to be asking you out every day until you finally agree to go with me.”

Erin’s face turned up into a smile, because it was so nice to have someone chasing after her instead of paying for her company. It was so nice to be talking to Harry in that way, but she knew that it was so wrong and so dangerous.

Relationships with Erin never went well, but despite that, she was more excited at the prospect of Harry than anything else. It made her nervous and afraid, but most of all, hopeful.

With a soft chuckle, she spoke again. “I’ll be looking forward to it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry this took me forever ):
Like way forever.
I can't get enough of Harry, though.
But I guess you can't blame me(;