Status: ♥ Dedicated to Erin ♥

Call Girl

he had a spark

Honestly, Erin couldn’t believe she’d agreed to meet Harry for dinner. What on earth was she thinking? There were so many things that could possibly go wrong with that evening that there was very little chance that things would actually turn out right.

In the back of Erin’ mind, all she could think about was them going to the restaurant and seeing one of her clients. She’d worked with many men so it was a big possibility. One of them could come up to them, introduce themselves to Harry, and let him in on her deepest, darkest secret. She didn’t know what she’d do if that happened and she couldn’t think of a worse way for Harry to find out.

She didn’t want him to ever find out that she was a call girl, which was why she knew she shouldn’t have gone on the date at all, but he just sounded so sweet and confident that it was hard to say no. She’d regret it later, but for the moment, she’d just try to live.

Like she always did, she told Harry she’d meet him at the restaurant, because letting guys know where you live was one of the worst things you could do. A profession like Erin’s came with a lot of stalker types, so avoiding her apartment had become a bit of a habit.

When she arrived at the restaurant, one she’d been to several times, she spotted Harry standing at the doorway in a pair of slacks and a button up shirt. She had to admit that he looked even better when he cleaned up, if that was possible.

Erin slipped on a bit more lip gloss, giving herself a quick look over in her rear view mirror, before hopping out of her car and making her way towards Harry. The second his eyes fell on her he smiled and she couldn’t help but smile back. Deep down, she knew this wasn’t going to end well, but that didn’t stop Harry from charming her.

“You look beautiful,” Harry said when Erin reached him, pulling the door open for her.

She slipped through the open door, passing Harry with a whiff of his spicy cologne. “Thank you.”

He nodded his head, stepping next to her as they made their way to the hostess stand. He was quick to speak, giving her the name for his reservation, and she guided them to the table in the back of the restaurant, away from most of the crowds. Erin was extremely thankful for that because it meant fewer opportunities for any former clients to see her and approach them, though she would still worry.

“You know,” Harry said, as he pulled Erin’s chair out for her and sat in his own. “I was beginning to think you’d never agree to go out with me.”

Erin chuckled, folding the cloth napkin across her lap before looking up at Harry. “Well, I was starting to think that you’d never stop calling.”

“You’re right about that,” Harry said with a wink, which subsequently sent a chill down Erin’s spine. Why did he have to be so handsome? It was making things a thousand times more difficult. She was used to going on dates and always knew exactly what to do to make her clients happy, but this was so much different.

Erin wasn’t sure how to respond to him, so she simply smiled, and Harry easily continued on with the conversation. It was obvious he was good with people, even better than Erin was. Erin was insecure, but Harry was the exact opposite and it showed.

“So, what’s life like for Erin?”

This was the part about dates that Erin always hated and one of the main reasons she refused to go on them. She had two options at this point: lie to him and feel bad about it later or tell him the truth and risk him walking out. She hated both of them, but always went with the former because it was far less terrifying.

“I spend a lot of time in school and the rest of it studying. It gets pretty boring.”

“I can imagine,” Harry said, pausing so the both of them could give their orders to their waiter. When they were finished, he continued. “Bet you’re ready for a break.”

Erin nodded her head quickly. “Graduation couldn’t come soon enough. I’ve got a few more years, but I can almost taste the finish line.”

Harry looked at Erin with that brilliant smile, and it was so different than the way anyone else looked at her. Every other guy was only interested in himself and looking good in front of his coworkers, but Harry cared about Erin. He wanted to talk to her and learn everything about her, but that almost made things worse.

Of all the dates Erin had been on, the one with Harry was certainly the best and she was sure she’d never forget his perfect laugh or brilliant smile, but for Erin that wasn’t necessarily a good thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, what did you think of their date??
Harry the charmer!