Status: ♥ Dedicated to Erin ♥

Call Girl

she had doubts

After her date with Harry, the charming curly haired boy was all Erin could think about. From the way he looked at her like she was the only girl in the room to his eyes that lit up every time she spoke, Erin just couldn’t seem to get him out of her mind and she hated that. There was nothing she wanted more than to see Harry again, but she knew doing that would only lead to her liking him more and that would make things more difficult in the end.

Falling against her sofa, Erin let out a deep sigh as she kicked her feet up on the coffee table, letting her head fall back. Katie would be over in a few moments, and Erin just had to talk to her. Katie understood her better than anyone and if anyone could give her advice on what to do it would be Katie.

Without knocking, the small blonde barged into Erin’s apartment, introducing herself with a huge, over the top hello.

“I’m in the living room,” Erin called, peeling her eyes open to watch Katie enter the doorway. A huge Katie smile was plastered onto her face, and she took the seat next to Erin almost immediately.

When Katie saw the solemn look on Erin’s face, her smile dropped immediately, being replaced by her pretending to be Dr. Phil look. She spoke and it was long and drawn out, as if she was giving Erin time to get her thoughts together. “So what’s up?”

Erin sighed, her head falling back to the sofa again. Her eyes fixed on the ceiling and all she could do was blink, because suddenly telling Katie everything just seemed like too much.

“It’s that boy, isn’t it?” Katie answered for her, looking at her with her lips pursed. Erin simply nodded her head, her eyes still closed, and Katie continued. “Tell me everything.”

And Erin did. She told Katie about how sweet Harry was and how he made her so incredibly happy, even though they’d only been on one real date. She talked about how worried she was, because her life wasn’t meant for romance. She told Katie about all her fears and how she didn’t want another guy to judge her because of her secrets. She talked until she couldn’t talk anymore, and when she finished she felt so much better.

Talking about it certainly didn’t solve her problems – it didn’t even touch the surface – but getting everything off her chest made her feel so much lighter.

Erin looked over at Katie, who was just staring at her. It wasn’t often that Katie had a blank expression on her face, and that made Erin nervous. She had no clue what Katie was thinking, and really, all she wanted was her best friend’s opinion on the matter.

When Erin thought she wouldn’t be able to take anymore waiting, the blank expression on Katie’s face slowly turned into a small smirk.

“You really like him, don’t you?” Katie asked, her head tilting forward while her smirk turned into a grin. Of course, Erin liked him. She thought that was obvious. She couldn’t get him out of her head after all.
The problem wasn’t whether or not she liked him; it was how to make her stop. Liking Harry was too risky, and it wasn't something that she wanted to put herself through.

“I can’t, Katie. I can’t like him.”

“But you do,” Katie said, as her smile transformed into a solemn stare. “So what are you going to do about it?”

Erin paused for a moment, closing her eyes as tightly as she could. Honestly, she wasn’t sure what to do. She was hoping that Katie would have that answer for her, but of course her friend was beating around the bush.

“Try to forget about him, I guess?”

It was more of a question than an answer, and Katie responded with a question of her own, which didn’t make Erin’s decision any easier.

“Is that really what you want?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooohh, I wonder what Erin will do?!
I think I know what my choice would be (;