Status: Finished

Here Lies

1/1

Loki looked above hoping to see a beautiful sky full of rainbows of color but there was only dark stormy clouds over reaching the land of Midgard. Loki felt his already broken heart break more that very second knowing he was damned for all eternity for what he had done. It was his fault that the only woman to ever love him was dead. It was his fault that his child shall never be born. If only he could go back and change what had happen but he couldn’t. There was no way to erase what had been done. If only his desire didn’t destroy her. He knew she fought every day to keep him from doing something that could hurt them both but that never stopped him. She fought so hard to make him good that slowly she was torturing herself. Loki knew deep down that if he didn’t have the fight with her -that one fight- she’d still be alive.
That night he came to her house all the way from Asgard broken and defeated. Yet again, she took him in. She cleaned and bandaged his wounds for him, telling him that in her eyes he was great and wonderful man. That one day, he would be king; a good king. Her support wasn’t good enough for Loki. No, he screams at her how she was beneath him; nothing but a mortal who he didn’t care about; that she was worthless in his eyes. She shouldn’t walk on same ground as him but that he’d rather see her under it. Loki didn’t mean a word of it but he couldn’t help himself yet again causing trouble. He was so angered with his so-called family. But he took it out on the one person who truly loved him.
That next morning he found her in the bathtub full of water with bottle empty of all its pills. He screamed up at Asgard to bring her back but it was too late. Loki didn’t leave her side until SHIELD forced him to let the police take her away from him. He cried as much as he could to Tony to help him bring her back; that he was angered and didn’t mean any of it. That she meant so very much to him, she was his world but Tony couldn’t do a thing to help him. Later, one of officers told him she was three weeks along sending him into the most venomous rage he had ever known and killing the officer without a sudden blink.
Now here he stood a year later, anniversary of their death, with bouquet of red and white roses (her favorite) with a single Iris for the baby. He looked upon the headstone in front of him: pure white marble with the engraving:
Here Lies
Vanessa Blackwood
A Daughter
A Precious Soul
October 31, 1993 to March 21, 2013
Loki looked to see a small little headstone for an unborn baby with no name. He knew that was his child; the one he would never father all because of his own actions.
Loki could feel tears coming down his face. He didn’t try to stop them or wipe them away. He just let them come. They showed her that there was some good in him after all. He put the flowers in their place before he laid a gentle kiss on the Vanessa’s headstone.
“I am sorry for all I have done. I will do everything in my power to become better. I will never love another like I have loved you. I know I said thing that night you…died…but none of it was true. You were greatest thing that happen to me. I wish I could fix everything I have ever done but I can’t. I am a god. I should be able to do something but I can’t. I am helpless.”
“I know my love.”
“Vanessa?” Loki uttered before looking up to see Vanessa standing there before him in all her beauty: her raven black hair flowing in the wind while her favorite red sundress blew along with it. Her feet were bare in the wet grass, for when she was alive she loved to be barefooted. He was surprised to see her sapphire eyes only held kindness for in Loki’s thought they should be raging with anger but they weren’t.
“Loki, I know you are sorry but there is no need to be. I am always with you. I believe you are becoming a better man and that is all I can ask for.”
“Did you know you were pregnant?”
“No, I did not. You have to move on my love. You can’t blame yourself anymore.”
“But-”
“Loki, you must. Forget me.” Vanessa said disappearing into the night. Loki rose from where he knelt taking one last look at their tombstones before he himself disappeared into the night as well. His heart was still broken but now slowly healing from her words.
♠ ♠ ♠
please leave commet of what u thought