Touching Spirits

Touching Spirits 013:

Chapter Thirteen
"HE DID WHAT?!" I asked angrily and then tore my head back to Ryan's, "Why Ryan? Why?"

"To protect you," he managed to mutter out and I looked at him sadly and ran my finger's down his cheek.

"But you're dying!" I cried and felt him place his hand on my cheek and I leaned into him, "You damaged your spirit."

"At least you're safe," he coughed and grabbed his hand, seeing the look of pain on his face.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand what's going on?" Sidney said and I sighed, not looking away from Ryan.

"When his spirit connected with mine, when he tried to pull me out, his spirit was damaged," I said and then sighed, "When you hold your spirit out of your body for too long, sometimes it'll have a hard time finding its way back to your body," I explained as I placed my hand on his forehead, '...It's happening too fast...'

"So if it's so dangerous, then why do it?" Sidney asked and I shook my head.

"I don't know," I muttered and then wiped a tear from my eye and stared at Ryan. He brought his hand back up to my cheek, and I placed my hand on his arm and kissed his hand.

"When Iz woke up, the connection improperly broke," Luka stated and I snapped my head back towards him, "No, Iz, I didn't mean it like that!"

"Whatever," I growled and then looked back towards Ryan.

-Sidney-
I don't know why I was feeling angry, she was just laying there with him. Isabella had climbed onto the cot and laid next to Ryan, her head on his chest and his arm around her. When I saw them, I growled and then clenched my fists. I felt someone tap my shoulder and turned my head to see Luka looking at me. He grabbed my shirt and then opened the hatch to outside and we climbed out. I saw that Geno was already out there sitting on the rock and looking around.

"It quiet," Geno said and I nodded my head.

"Why'd you bring me here?" I asked as Luka closed the hatch and looked at me.

"Stop."

"Stop what?" I growled not sure as to what he was talking about.

"Stop getting angry with her," Luka said and I was a little taken back, "I'm not stupid Sid, I see the way you look at Iz. You like my sister."

"What?" I asked trying to be shocked, but not doing it well.

"Sid like Iz," Geno said and I sighed looked towards the ground.

"Fine," I growled and I heard Luka smirk.

"Let this one slide, Sid," Luka said and I looked at him and glared, "Don't look at me, you don't understand."

"Understand what?!" I growled and Luka sighed.

"Ryan's been in love with Isabella for years, since the two of them met thirteen years ago," Luka said and I was a little surprised.

"Why didn't he do anything about it?" I asked confused.

"Specie mix, no good," Geno said and Luka nodded his head.

"I don't know if Izzy feels the same way about him, but she at least knows that she can't do anything about it," Luka said and then sighed, "It's not forbidden for two separate species to be together; however, it is definitely looked down upon. And with Izzy being a state leader's daughter, she can't afford to cause a situation like that."

"Man this is so messed up," I muttered as I walked over towards the rock that Geno was sitting on, and sat down next to him, "What justifies what's going on down there?"

"What? Sid, she's just laying with him, she's not sleeping with him!" Luka growled and I shook my head, "Sid, he's dying! At least give him the gift of being with someone he loves."

"It respectful," Geno said and I sighed.

"How long does he have?" I asked starting to feel sorry for the guy.

"Don't know," Luka muttered and we started to hear flapping, "Someone's coming."

Two birds were flying towards us and then I saw that there was a mountain lion coming out of the trees. The birds dove down and then I watched as the shifted and landed on two feet in front of us.

"Luka, glad we found you," the one said I turned my head because it was kind of weird how non insecure these people were about their bodies.

"Zeke, what's going on?"

"Man we've been fighting the tellies all night, I don't know how much longer we can hold them off," the guy said and I then saw another man appear, but he had shorts on at least.

"Put some clothes on, Zeke," the guy said and then threw the shorts at him, "Where's Isabella?"

"With Ryan," Luka said and I heard the hatch open and Isabella popped her head out.

"Zeke, Derek," she said and then came out, "What are you doing here?"

"We came to find Ryan, we need his help," Derek said and she sighed and shook her head.

"I'm afraid he's not going to be much help," she said and the two guys perked their heads up and then ran passed her and down into the hatch.

"How is he?" Luka asked and she sighed.

"He's holding on, but it's not much longer," she said and then walked over towards her brother and he rubbed her back.

"Three, no see three," Geno said and I looked at him to see he was looking around.

"That's right, where's the other bird?" I asked as I looked around with him.

"Pete," I heard Isabella say and turned to see that there was a hawk on her shoulder, "Are my parent's all right?" the bird shook his body and she nodded her, "Take me to them?"

"Izzy-"

"Don't Luka, I'm tired of these tellies!" she growled.

"I'm coming with you," Luka said and she looked back towards him and nodded her head. Luka then turned back towards Geno and I, "Follow us when Zeke and Derek come out."

"All right, be careful," I said and they nodded their heads.

The hawk flapped his wings and flew off of Isabella's body. The siblings looked at each other and nodded their heads and then started to head towards the woods, going back to their home.

-Isabella-
Luka and I had shifted in the woods and ran towards the house. We jumped through a broken window and saw the mess, our home was torn apart. We walked around the home, seeing the bodies on the floor, but then finding out that they were all unconscious. I heard my brother growl and saw that he had found some blood on the ground. Luka whined and then looked up towards me and walked over and sniffed the blood.

'...Mother!...'

My head snapped around when I heard a yelp and a large crash, it was coming from upstairs. Luka and I ran up the stairs and then stopped when we saw a naked woman lying on the ground.

'...She's dead! No! No! She can't be dead!...'

I walked over towards the body, afraid to see that it was her, my mother. Luka followed behind me and I rubbed my head against hers, she didn't move. I walked to the other side of her and moved my muzzle under her hand to get her to move, I picked her arm up, but it just slumped back down.

'...Wake up, mother. Please, wake up...'

Luka was snarling and turned around to see that the woman telly was standing there. I growled towards her, knowing that this was her fault, my mother was dead because of her. I snarled and started to charge at her, she held out her arm, and I knew she was trying to get inside my mind, but I wasn't thinking, I was reacting.

For whatever reason, her powers weren't working on me, I leaped at her, my fangs baring, and I was ready to grab her throat. I tackled her to the ground and was on top of her, snapping my fangs at her, but she was holding me back. I saw her eyes glow and she pushed me back and then as she sat up I saw her shift.

'...A tiger...'

She roared towards me and tried to swipe her claws at me, but I backed up and tried to snap down on her paw. I knew a tiger is more powerful than a wolf, fangs are bigger, claws are sharper, she's a lot faster than me, but I wasn't thinking about that, all I was thinking about was getting revenge.