Touching Spirits

Touching Spirits 016:

Chapter Sixteen
-Sidney-
Three weeks have passed and we totally lost Isabella, we had no idea where she was. I was beyond frustrated, and then last week Luka disappeared for a few days. Geno and I were worried sick, and then he comes back all beat up and cut up, he said he couldn't remember who attacked him.

It was a home game against the Capitals, another team that I couldn't stand. I was tired because all night I was up trying to find anything on Isabella, calling some of Luka's contacts in other states, hacking into video cameras, thanks to Luka's friend Eric. I wasn't able to get much sleep, Geno was worried, but I couldn't show my teammates that something was wrong.

I was on the ice and Geno and I were warming up, something caught my nose, a familiar scent. My head whipped around and looked up, my eyes widened, there she was.

"Izzy," I said and saw her standing on top of the jumbotron staring down at me.

"Sid," I heard Geno call and I look down and at him, "What you looking at?"

"Geno it's Izzy, lo-" I looked up and she wasn't there, "I swear I just saw her."

"I don't see her," Geno said as he looked up and I sighed.

"I'm losing my mind."

"Don't tell the guys that," Geno said and I nodded my head.

'...I swear I saw her. I had to of seen here...' I thought as I looked back up to see no one, '...Dammit. Come on Sid, get it together...'

-Luka-
I was heading towards the arena, ready to watch Sidney play against the Capitals when I heard someone following me. I sniffed the air and growled when I smelled another spirit. I was pulled into an alley, and the first thing I dig was throw a punch, it was caught and I spun around with my arm tight around my back before I could protest. My face was smashed against the wall and the person had a death grip on me. I growled and tried to push back, but this guy was strong.

Just as fast as he had me, he was off of me and I heard him groan. I turned around and saw that the guy was on the ground and he was holding his head. I walked over towards him and picked him up from his collar, "Who are you?"

"No concern of yours," he growled and I saw his eyes glow.

I cursed and tried to push him away, but he had grabbed my and I saw his fangs and he was trying to bite my throat.

"Did your mother every tell you to keep your teeth to yourself," I heard and then saw the guy being pulled off of me.

"Izzy?" I called looking shocked and asking if it was really her.

She had grabbed the guy by stick her hand him his mouth, grabbed the top of his teeth and pulling him back, having him loose his balance and fall onto his back. When he tried to get up, she bent down and punched him hard in his throat and he turned to his side and started to cough.

"It's really you," I said and she looked at me.

"You need to leave," she said and then turned around and started to walk away.

"IZZY!!!" I called but just jumped up onto the fire escape and disappeared.

I heard the guy groan on the ground and I looked down and glared at him. I kicked his side out of frustration and then continued on my way down to the arena, ready to inform Sidney that Isabella was here, she was in the city.

-Isabella-
I didn't remember the arena being like this, but I kind of liked it. The jumbotron was bigger, and I had a lot more room and land. Besides that last jumbotron was starting to get a little shaky. I looked down towards the ice and saw Sidney and Geno warming up. I sighed and then looked down at Sidney, I had missed him, I had missed him more than I thought I was going to miss him actually.

He must have caught on to my scent, because he looked up and saw me and I saw the happiness in his eyes. My emotion didn't change, I just stared down at him, and then saw Geno come over. Sidney tore his eyes away for a second and I backed up out of sighed. I smelled Luka coming and knew that I needed to get out of here.

I found myself roaming the halls looking for the family suite. A placed where I smelled the scent of Mario Lemieux.

"Can I help you?" the security guard asked and I tell he was a spirit.

"You can move," I growled and I glared at me, "Please."

"Sorry, I can't do that," he said and then I growled and felt my eyes change. He's eyes widened and he smirked, "Figured you would show up sooner or later."

"So you'll move?"

"Sorry, no can do," he said and I took a deep breath.

"Let her in," I heard and looked up to see the door opening and Mario stood there, "Before she decides to let herself in, Frank."

"Frank, what kind of spirit name is that?" I teased and he growled at me as I walked passed him, "Down mutt."

"What do you want, Isabella?" Mario asked as he closed the door and I walked into the suite to see that his wife and kids were there. I nodded my head towards them and Mario walked over towards his wife.

"How is he?" I asked as I walked over towards the window and stared down at the ice.

"What? Considering you disappeared," he said and I sighed.

"You know that I had to," I said and he nodded his head and then walked over towards me.

"He misses you, he tries to be strong and act like nothing has happened, but you know that we're the only ones that can see his pain, Geno too," Mario said and I looked up at him, "You are his handler after all."

"Are they even still calling it that?" I asked and Mario scoffed.

"I don't know, try to stay out of the drama. Had my house raided four years, because they were looking for you," he said and I growled and looked down.

"I'm sorry."

"It's nothing, loved their face when they found nothing," he said and laughed a little, "What's going, Isabella?"

"My parents were murdered, and a district leader in New York is responsible for it!" I growled and I heard Mario's wife gasp.

"That's a pretty big charge, are you absolutely sure?"

"Yes," I said without hesitation and looked at Mario, "The charge against my brother is a lie, I'm here to clear his name."

"And what about you?" Mario asked, "You have some pretty big charges on your end."

"Those, those are true," I said and then sighed.

"You murdered people Isabella! You illegally went into other states! I even heard you attempted to kidnap a district leader in Texas!"

"Now that one is false, I was never in Texas," I said and he sighed, shaking his head.

"This is serious! That's a death sentence right there," he said and I nodded my head.

"What would you do if your wife and kids were murdered?! Would you sit around and act like it was all right? Or would you fight and find out who the hell did it?!" I growled and Mario sighed and shook his head.

"I would fight," he said and I nodded my head, "You've got guts."

"I'm not alone," I said and he looked at me surprised, "There's a rebel army in the west."

"Of course there is, there's always a rebel army," he laughed and I smirked.

"This leadership needs to be broken, even when my father was in, it needs to change, we're being controlled too much!" I said and Mario sighed.

"You must get your brains from your mother," he said and I smirked, "Because you look like your dad."

"You're not the first to tell me that," I said and he nodded his head.

"Join us for the game?"

"Sure," I said and then started out the window.

"You know, I always knew that you and your brother were sitting on top of the jumbotron," Mario said and I snorted.

"I figured you did, just we didn't care if you knew or not," I muttered watching as Sidney skated down the ice, "It was always easier to make sure that nothing happened."

"You know darklings are started to enter the city again?" Mario said and I looked at him and nodded my head.

"They're becoming extinct," I said and Mario shook his head, "No?"

"They're evolving, a friend of mine was attacked and bitten. He didn't die, he changed, I didn't know what he was," Mario said and I nodded my head.

"Good to know."